The Account Representative is charged with responsibility for the organization’s exposition, sponsorship and membership sales activities. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Sales and New Business Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification of companies that have services or products that would be of value to attendees of CEDIA’s annual Expo, converting those prospects into exhibitors, ensuring their Expo experience satisfaction and ultimately their continued participation in following years.
- Relationship building with CEDIA’s manufacturing members and their individual sales and marketing staff in order to facilitate the maximum possible CEDIA sponsorship activity.
- Development of individualized sales presentations that demonstrate the benefits of Expo participation, financially and otherwise.
- Develop new sponsorship opportunities along with concepts to promote them.
- Serve as onsite quality control to ensure sponsors are receiving the benefits that were promised.
- Works with CEDIA’s finance department to ensure correct invoicing and timely payments.
- Effectively close sales.
- Maintain accurate historical records.
- In addition to Expo and sponsorship sales, have the ability to effectively sell CEDIA’s entire product offering, such as memberships.
- Perform department administrative functions as required
- Other sales specific duties as assigned by the Sr. Director of Sales and New Business Development.
Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent telephone and face-to-face. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major account customers and the ability to achieve genuine sales development.
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive mindset. Clear focus on driving profitable sales. A natural planner who critically assesses own performance. Credible and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. An empathic communicator, able to see things from another point of view. Well presented and businesslike. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel as needed. Motivated by new experiences, responsibility and accountability. Able to be a team-player but not dependent on others. Tactical in execution while having the ability to contribute strategically
Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via written media, phone or in person. Understand the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, solution selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc.
Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads, etc. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Salesforce.com.