Custom Profile (http://www.custom-profile.com) is a privately held manufacturer of plastic extrusion products with approximately $25 million in annual sales and 165 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Juarez, Mexico. The company is owned by (1) Blackford Capital, a private equity firm with offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Los Angeles, CA, and (2) Sam Nicholas, the founder. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings during its 20 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Whirlpool, Electrolux, Hoover, Steelcase, and others.
The successful candidate will be responsible for quality assurance analysis of new and existing programs at all manufacturing stages to ensure the quality of their production meets engineering drawings and specifications. Support the company goals of Zero Defects and 100% On-Time Delivery within an ISO-9001 certified quality management system. At this time, this is a non-supervisory position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide problem solving support to manufacturing and our customers; assist QA department peers as requested.
- Perform on-site analysis of quality-related issues; lead/perform product containment activities and arrange for disposition.
- Lead problem-solving teams, determine root cause(s) for defects; develop, implement and monitor effective corrective and preventive actions for product quality.
- Work closely with project/quality engineers in the design of quality assurance practices, including the development of new gauging, workmanship standards, and work instructions.
- Track and report quality metrics; analyze quality data to evaluate the effectiveness of current processes or proposed changes.
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school completion or above level of education is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills, enjoys using a hands-on approach.
- Strong, clear communication skills.
- Strong blueprint interpretation skills.
- Expert in the use of a variety of measuring instruments including calipers and optical comparators.
- Experience in the design of measurement gages and poke-yoke devices.
- Strong math and grammar skills.
- Microsoft Office experience required (Word, Excel, Outlook); experience with Microsoft Project and Powerpoint is a plus.
- Understanding of QA methodologies (calibration, receiving inspection, corrective action, gauging, etc).
- A minimum of 5 years of Quality, Manufacturing, or Process Engineering experience required; a suitable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in our work environment is moderate.
- Safety glasses and closed-toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.
- Some travel, mostly local, is occasionally required.
Indeed - 8 months ago