CustomInk Employee Reviews in United States

Laid back place to work that takes care of their employees.
Expert Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 5, 2015
Fun place to work that likes to make sure their employees are happy. Usually you come into the office, sit at your computer and begin work. They are very trusting that you be honest and work like you're supposed to so you're not micro managed. Overall great place to work and grow your skills in photoshop and illustrator.
Pros
Lunches, Benefits, Very Laid Back
Cons
Compensation, repetitive
Very creative and fun work environment.
Flex (Advanced Skill) Team (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 11, 2015
CustomInk is a relatively new company with innovative technology and ideas. They treat their employees well and emphasize creativity and new ideas. The most enjoyable part of working at CustomInk is being able to create designs that make people happy. With this job, I was able to create a hobby into a marketable skill.
Pros
Catered lunch, good benefits.
Cons
Company is still in the growing stages and is working out many technical glitches.
Cool place
Sales (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 14, 2015
Friendly environment, great location, open communication with peers and supervisors. CustomInk offers awesome benefits and a great place to grow your career especially for young people.
CustomInk
Graphic Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 29, 2015
CustomInk is a great company to work for. It is growing fast and is experiencing some growing pains.Ooverall, the culture, the people and the job are worth staying for. Unfortunately, in the corporate headquarters, which is a well-developed office, there isn't much room for career advancement or movement, and once the excitement of joining the company wears off (which takes a while) one has to make the decision to stay because it's a great place to work, or leave because there isn't too much of a chance to grow and advance as a professional after being there for a couple of years.
Pros
awesome environment, great benefits, free snacks, wonderful people
Cons
repetitive job, no advancement, low pay for the dc area, growing pains
Fantastic Place to Work
Satisfaction Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VADecember 1, 2015
CustomInk really takes care of all the employees and is constantly asking about areas of improvement.

A typical day of work includes interaction with customers and reviewing designs to assure the customer will receive exactly what they are expecting.

I have close interaction with my management team. We receive daily WOWs and constructive feedback.
Fun, productive place to work with caring professionals
Head Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 12, 2015
Customink was a great place to work due to the support and caring nature of the company and it's overall encouragement of company and personal growth. Very fast paced environment, but very attentive co-workers always willing to lend a hand.
Pros
Free meals every tuesday and thursday.
OK Place to work
Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 5, 2014
I worked here for 8 months. It was ok. The staff was nice, but the lines of professionalism and friends got blurred quite often. It was hard for managers to be managers at times because of this blurring of the lines.

I worked in their call-center (even though they do not like the term, that is essentially what it is). Personally I do not do well on the phones.

Sadly, to me this job was a lot like high school: if you got in and got it right away you did well. If you had any struggles you will struggle the whole way through. There is also a clique mentality there. This is what I picked up.

I also did not find this job very mentally-challenging, even though some of the upper staff wanted it to be that way. The staff wants you to eat, drink, sleep, Live CustomInk and I could not.

The benefits were not that great either. They are good for the employee but if you try to add a spouse you are asking to lose $6000/year off your pay check. Their retirement plans were iffy and when I tried to get my last pay check and severance check it was like having a root canal.

Sorry I cannot give rave reviews, but this job is good for the right person.
Pros
lunch 2x a week. staff is nice
Cons
no challenge. high school mentality
Free lunch with some other benefits
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 28, 2015
A typical day at my job consists of making t-shirts for 8 hours a day. I would take multiple orders. I would also mix my own paints, clean my workstation and submit my completed orders.
CustomInk
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 31, 2014
A typical day at CustomInk in Quality Control consisted of inspecting finished merchandise, tagging items with the company logo, folding and shipping. As monotonous as it sounds, it was easy to forget that you were constantly repeating your actions because of fun co-workers and seeing the different designs customers came up with. The hardest part of the job? There never really was one because of how fun it was to work with people that were easygoing and employers that really care about you.
Pros
free lunch catering twice a week. guaranteed full time.
Great work place
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 26, 2013
The only issue I have with job security is i feel constantly that I'm not doing a great job. Management hasn't given me any kind of encouragement or constructive criticism.
Amazing company
Customer Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner vaOctober 9, 2014
Great pay, great people. Amazing promotion opportunities! Fun and energetic company. Definitely my favorite place that I have worked!! I miss them!!
Productive, professional, and fun workplace.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 18, 2014
Always enjoyed going to work. During the day, I would answer calls, emails, and have online chat correspondence with customers to assist them with anything from design questions, to pricing, to ordering. Every one of my coworkers was so personable and it made the workplace a great environment to be a part of.
Great Company, not so great management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 11, 2014
Well I have to say that I really love most of the people that work at CustomInk. On the surface you will finds lots of individuals who are eager to help you and make friends. The company itself is amazing and should be a role model for others. But some of the comments I have seen about management are spot on.

Past the level of mentors, the management structure becomes VERY political. I would honestly just recommend to lay low unless you are great at becoming friends with absolutely everyone. It is very much like high school. I also want to point out that 80% of the employees here are women which I feel only exasperates this issue. The management is super clicky.
And I feel like many of the supervisors or leads have no experience or idea HOW to manage people. Although my supervisor knew I was struggling, she never offered anymore advice than "bring this number in this category up" I was never offered any other placed to go for help either. I'm not exactly sure how reviewing numbers alone is supposed to improve your performance. I definitely would have valued some additional training or insight to managing these numbers. They expect you to take 6 months to get up to scale, but I never made it that far.

I was struggling a bit to meet some of the numbers of the PBE (performance based earnings) scale. Although I was good on productivity, some of my other numbers had never gotten up to speed.

If you are struggling I suggest you seek help on your own because depending on who you are working under they will not help you and may even just let you fail if they don't like you.

A lot
  more... of the HR/TD staff members are really fantastic and I just wish the management and sales reps were as kind, but I really do feel like I was bullied here but a certain group and that is the lasting impression I'll remember

For some reason I also had issues with my final paycheck. It sounds really suspicious and unprofessional to me.

4.4