CUSTOMIZED DISTRIBUTION SERVICES

CUSTOMIZED DISTRIBUTION SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  BreingsvilleJuly 18, 2016
I currently work there in breingsville, pa. We are working in the warehouse in extreme heat, they don't even turn on fans for us to keep cool and we are the ones doing the labor work meanwhile the ppl in the office who does paperwork and sit at a computer all day are in an air conditioned environment. It's so cold in the office that they carry sweaters with them. We only have a 10 minute break and a 20 minute lunch. The ppl there barely speaks English. Besides no air for us labor workers. We can't even wear a tank top or sleeveless shirts to keep cool. Management really doesn't even acknowledge the workers. I haven't been there a week yet, and I'm ready to quit. From the very 1st day I started I knew that I wouldn't like the job.
Cons
Nothing was ever good enough
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 1, 2016
I worked in Customer Service, and all I heard my manager say from Day 2 was faster, faster... Morale was very low. I found something better making more money. I never met so many unhappy people in place.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no advancement
Management don't care
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 26, 2016
terrible job atmosphere only one 40 min break for lunch no in between breaks. always want you to work fast and high turnover rate
Terrible place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 27, 2016
Management has little to no operational knowledge of how daily tasks go. Constant threats of being fired over anything such as forgetting to sign a safety meeting attendance sheet. They make you sign an at will employment waiver when you are hired and can terminate you with or without reason at any time. Pay is terrible and very short notice when there is mandatory overtime. Everyone that works here is looking for another job, it's a place to get your bills paid if your desperate but not worth staying at. There is no future here
This company is a joke
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 17, 2016
One of the worst companies I've worked for. I got my experience in management and left. They run you to the dirt and don't know how to take care of the employees that take care of them. There are guys that's been there for many years and no raise. You'll be better off working a minimum wage job
Pros
None other than experience
Cons
No raises what's so ever
Horrible place to work, I wouldn't recommend it
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wood River, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Only one 40 min break for a 12 hour shift , they find all types of ways to not give you a raise . Upper management is bull, and don't give a care about the employees on the floor , you're basically a number. And people are in and out that place like a temp service.
Pros
Non
Cons
The whole job
poor work environment
fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PADecember 3, 2015
I worked there for three months as a temp and as I can tell the women who was put in charge has no idea what she's doing, if an employee has an issue with anything someone from upper management comes down to the floor asks a couple shift managers because they have no idea who any if not most of the employees names are or anything about them, then will make a scene in front of other co-workers to make it known that its all about them and thier issue with you. No consideration for any of the employees. some of these people give up their time to be with they're children to come in on some times less than a twenty four hour notice on a mandated shift that if they don't attend leaves their job at risk of being lost. The turn around is absolutely horrendous and either people get fired or find something better. Which leads me to another note that they make a lot of promises upon entry and interview that make the place seem far better than it is. No raises but when you come on ft through the company you devote your life to the company, but don't get me wrong they'll releive you of your position even if your a temp for not working mandated over time. Heaven forbid you get sick and call out, again expect to either loose your job or be on the cusp of loosing it. And entry training is the absolute most ludicrous thing I've ever seen. They hand you a rf gun and a sheet of promts tell you how to read the isles and start you right out picking up cases and moving them to a separate pallet for specialized orders which they call case picking. If you arnt a fast learner heavin forbid you make  more... a couple mistakes upon entry they have no problem throwing out threats. Expect to be case picking for the entirety of your first month training, since your forklift certification and your knowledge isn't what they bring you on for. Its for manual labor. You get 1 or 2 inbound orders the last week of your training period, then they throw you on your shift expecting you to be able to do it regardless of several complicating prompts and variations specific to each order. Returning to the women who (runs the company into the ground) if you catch her in the wrong mood, I've personally seen her fire people on a complete whimm. Also if you take third shift expect no time to acclimate to the shift, you'll be on 60-70 hours a week right off the bat if you refuse, no job for you. On a positive note there are some decent managers in the warehouse itself and some decent co-workers. Just the most absulte worst management from higher above, no training in your first month, And absolutely no consideration of their employees.  less
Pros
good shift managers and co-worker
Cons
poor upper management, mandated 60-70hr Weeks, no training
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILNovember 17, 2015
Manage three distribution facilities pertaining to freight scheduling, meeting MABD, cross training of staff, inventory related issues, provide customer service to internal and external customers and corporate. Complete company billing and reports.
Cons
long hours, staff turnover
Bad work place mean managers corporate
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Wharton, NJNovember 8, 2015
Stupid management really bad white people using there relatives as managers and supervisors
Bunch of liars
Treat you like sh**t
Watching you
Promise bonus lie
Cons
was good for me at the time
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 10, 2015
steady work and good work environment the union needs to be better organized but overall not a bad place to work and biuld with
Pros
paid lunch lots of overtime
Cons
lots of overtime
Horrible
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  breiningsville paAugust 5, 2015
pay rate is horrible. no chance to move up in company. no communication with employees,. had no workflow emplayees do not listen.
Job sucks
Forlift Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis MoMarch 8, 2015
Company cares nothing about employees , you are under payed and you have to work mandatory overtime every week. The equipment is very out dated and safety does not matter to this company at all.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
not enough breaks you work 12 hour shifts with only 1 forty minute lunch break
A paycheck, not a career
"management" (Current Employee) –  WhartonMarch 5, 2015
Here's what you can expect

They offer 401k but don't match.. NO matching 401k... going on like 6 years now without it

Raises every 18 months - and they come late, with no review and no chance to talk about compensation or your job performance. They went a stretch of 5 years without ANY raises at all.

Mandatory 50 and 60 hour workweeks with no compensation, and 6 day work weeks when "they are busy" that add an extra shift to it.

No training or room for advancement. Watch how they laugh about your career (or offer you something while refusing to discuss particulars about the position) while upper management takes a week vacation in Florida because the brass needs a "retreat".

Nepotsim 101 - see a company full of family members, bowling buddies and girlfriends/mistresses get promoted and raises and special treatment - including positions created for them they aren't qualified for or moved into positions without it even being posted.

A group of misfit union workers and illegal alien/formerly incarcerated temp agency workers who are paid like walmart and forced to work 7 days a week at times, and if you don't convince them to join the union, you're told you're not a good manager. Plus, if you don't micromanage them down to the last detail, you're a bad manager. Almost no training for the managers or employees and a "seat of the pants" methodology...

Turnover... there's a couple of us that have been here a year, and a couple guys who lasted 5 or more, but most managers have been here a short time and last less than a year. I have no idea how some of these guys lasted so many
  more... years.

Also, no bonuses - it's a rumor from a half-decade ago. No one who's not corporate gets a bonus. We make millions, there's just not enough for the entry level management team I guess.

Also, they'll work on Labor Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, after Thanksgiving, memorial day etc, and they'll force you to work those days too and if you're new, you get the worst of it while a few of the old-timers seem to get most of them off free and clear. (and see "Nepotism" above) Oh, and no compensation other than a promise of one extra day off...sometime, when it's convenient for them to let you have it.

they will teach you how to use Red Prairie and Pepsi systems which will help you get a job somewhere else, but don't teach anything about how to be a supervisor and how to manage people and situations.

I do like that my bathroom is in the office too and there's plenty of places to eat nearby. The other building has the bathroom like a quartermile away. yes there are two buildings and they will make you work in both without really training in them and they're using two different operating systems.
Pros
close bathroom, daily lunchtruck, taught pepsi system i can use somewhere else
Cons
nepotism, mandatory extra hours and weekends, holidays, etc., job threats.
Good workplace with fun people and lots of work
case picker/sit down forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville PAFebruary 11, 2015
My experience at CDS was a good experience. It was very repetitive at times when I would have to case pick for 12 straight hours some days. I learned how to unload and load trucks on a sit down forklift and i also learned how to use the stand up forklift. I would have to say that the hardest part was case picking for so long but it was nicely balanced by the kind friendly people and managers.
Pros
the people
Cons
short breaks
Distribution is Busy Business
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILNovember 13, 2014
I look forward to arriving at work and being busy throughout the shift. I have learned a lot with the company and I will continue to strive to learn more. Improvement has been made in management. I work and get along well with co-workers.
Good
Operations (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 27, 2014
Because of management the job was tolerable. In a typical day I would load up to 3 to 4 trucks in a typical eight hour work day
Pros
appreciation meals from management
Cons
round trip commute of about sixty minutes
Great
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2014
I owned and Managed the company, specialized in medical delivery of blood and blood products. 7/24/365 schedule.
Productive and energetic workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 8, 2014
Prep for production, review new product production with employees. Create billing statements for production and track productivity, and ensure quality control. Load and unload freight as needed, pull freight for production. I learned how to be a well balanced leader, and ensure that the employees were productive. Management provided ongoing training and support. Coworkers were easy to get along with and helpful.The most difficult part of the job was filling production needs with inadequate staff / time to fill production needs. The most difficult part of the job was filling production needs with inadequate staff / time to fill production needs.
Starter Job. Get experience and move on
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wharton, NJDecember 13, 2013
This is a starter position. Learn to use a lift and move on to a company that appreciates you. The pay will not retain skilled workers. Management will work you to the bone, use you up, and toss you away.
Pros
overtime
Cons
everything else
Busy and productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 13, 2013
I learned how to read the map of southern California. How to perform with prefect timing and responsibility is the key to get this job done.
Pros
prefect benefit
Cons
traffic

2.3