CUSTOMIZED DISTRIBUTION SERVICES Employee Reviews

You will have no life
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILJune 4, 2017
I worked there for almost a year, bottom line is you get 4 days off a month at this place. There is absolutely no work life balance there, there is a new group of ppl coming in every week. Overtime is mandatory every week and they give little to no notice.
Run
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wharton, NJMay 31, 2017
Don't do it! It's not worth the mental and emotional stress. The company does NOT CARE about they're employees. Everyone talks about everyone. The corporate office treats the rest of the employees like they are chewed up and spit out gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe! I've never seen so many people cry in my life than the few years I worked here.
fun workplace
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 31, 2017
a typical day at work was cold because it was a freezer and I would load trucks and unload trucks.management was not bad but had room for improvement .
Very fast paced and long hours but in the end all worth it for the paycheck
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 6, 2017
Sometimes 6 days a week 12 hrs a day but the overtime pay is phenomenal. If you are looking for a career in warehousing where you can move up quickly this is the place
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Work place was very productive, A typical day would consist of me pulling orders and loading the trucks for shipment. Confirming all trucks are with proper orders.
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
Systems
I was not overly impressed as time went on
QA/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PAJanuary 9, 2017
Our mangement started to us a temp service that brought in gang members.I had fights between temps everyday. police were called on a weekly basis. Employee vehicle were vandalized. Drugs and drug paraphernalia were found on the premises on a weekly basis.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Supervisors and managers wouldn't take responsibilities for their actions.
nice office enviroment
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 8, 2017
scheduler for cds, dealing with 1 major account that can be a little . its hard to really to understand what everyone wants because it changes daliy
Cons
no direct deposit
Very Un-organzied
CS (Former Employee) –  NJDecember 13, 2016
Management gives certain employees special treatment. Small company cannot advance. The only people that received promotions was employees with less time and less experience.
Pay is a lie
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILDecember 6, 2016
The salary they posted is a.lie, U do not start at 14$ a hour u start at 12 as a case picker if u hit the numbers they expect of u u will get a dollar raise after 45 days then if u hit Ur numbers in the following 45 days u will get another dollar raise, also they work 6 days a week, management is lazy
Terrible place to work
Case picker/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILAugust 13, 2016
They expect you to work 60+ hours a week and that's crazy especially when you work from 6Am-6Pm and have no personal life on that schedule. The management is terrible they won't help you if you have problems and if you apply for a specific job don't expect to get it. You start case picking
Pros
Can't think of any
Beware!
Warhouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILAugust 1, 2016
forced mandatory overtime all the time on your scheduled days off, 12 hour shifts on regular work days. lots of rules and hidden ways designed to get you further out the door write ups, points, etc. treat you you like a child. they base your raises on your performance and confuse the information to make it hard to get any raise. try having an emergency or some type of serious health situation you will be getting pushed further to getting fired. revolving door.
Pros
going home
Cons
everything
Horrible
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  BreingsvilleJuly 18, 2016
I currently work there in breingsville, pa. We are working in the warehouse in extreme heat, they don't even turn on fans for us to keep cool and we are the ones doing the labor work meanwhile the ppl in the office who does paperwork and sit at a computer all day are in an air conditioned environment. It's so cold in the office that they carry sweaters with them. We only have a 10 minute break and a 20 minute lunch. The ppl there barely speaks English. Besides no air for us labor workers. We can't even wear a tank top or sleeveless shirts to keep cool. Management really doesn't even acknowledge the workers. I haven't been there a week yet, and I'm ready to quit. From the very 1st day I started I knew that I wouldn't like the job.
Cons
Nothing was ever good enough
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 1, 2016
I worked in Customer Service, and all I heard my manager say from Day 2 was faster, faster... Morale was very low. I found something better making more money. I never met so many unhappy people in place.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no advancement
Management don't care
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 26, 2016
terrible job atmosphere only one 40 min break for lunch no in between breaks. always want you to work fast and high turnover rate
Terrible place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 27, 2016
Management has little to no operational knowledge of how daily tasks go. Constant threats of being fired over anything such as forgetting to sign a safety meeting attendance sheet. They make you sign an at will employment waiver when you are hired and can terminate you with or without reason at any time. Pay is terrible and very short notice when there is mandatory overtime. Everyone that works here is looking for another job, it's a place to get your bills paid if your desperate but not worth staying at. There is no future here
This company is a joke
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 17, 2016
One of the worst companies I've worked for. I got my experience in management and left. They run you to the dirt and don't know how to take care of the employees that take care of them. There are guys that's been there for many years and no raise. You'll be better off working a minimum wage job
Pros
None other than experience
Cons
No raises what's so ever
hard place for a career
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 16, 2016
This job is probably good for a younger work group, it's a lot of walking on concrete floors. you only get one 45 minute break and you never have time to spend with your loved ones. 12 hour days and 10 hour mandatory days. your required to order pick but you have to pick more the 1000 boxes in order to be considered for any other job advance. Safety is the key to all jobs.
Pros
after one year they pay you on your birthday.
Cons
after 44 days your ref goes live and they write you up
Horrible place to work, I wouldn't recommend it
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wood River, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Only one 40 min break for a 12 hour shift , they find all types of ways to not give you a raise . Upper management is bull, and don't give a care about the employees on the floor , you're basically a number. And people are in and out that place like a temp service.
Pros
Non
Cons
The whole job
poor work environment
fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PADecember 3, 2015
I worked there for three months as a temp and as I can tell the women who was put in charge has no idea what she's doing, if an employee has an issue with anything someone from upper management comes down to the floor asks a couple shift managers because they have no idea who any if not most of the employees names are or anything about them, then will make a scene in front of other co-workers to make it known that its all about them and thier issue with you. No consideration for any of the employees. some of these people give up their time to be with they're children to come in on some times less than a twenty four hour notice on a mandated shift that if they don't attend leaves their job at risk of being lost. The turn around is absolutely horrendous and either people get fired or find something better. Which leads me to another note that they make a lot of promises upon entry and interview that make the place seem far better than it is. No raises but when you come on ft through the company you devote your life to the company, but don't get me wrong they'll releive you of your position even if your a temp for not working mandated over time. Heaven forbid you get sick and call out, again expect to either loose your job or be on the cusp of loosing it. And entry training is the absolute most ludicrous thing I've ever seen. They hand you a rf gun and a sheet of promts tell you how to read the isles and start you right out picking up cases and moving them to a separate pallet for specialized orders which they call case picking. If you arnt a fast learner heavin forbid you make  more... a couple mistakes upon entry they have no problem throwing out threats. Expect to be case picking for the entirety of your first month training, since your forklift certification and your knowledge isn't what they bring you on for. Its for manual labor. You get 1 or 2 inbound orders the last week of your training period, then they throw you on your shift expecting you to be able to do it regardless of several complicating prompts and variations specific to each order. Returning to the women who (runs the company into the ground) if you catch her in the wrong mood, I've personally seen her fire people on a complete whimm. Also if you take third shift expect no time to acclimate to the shift, you'll be on 60-70 hours a week right off the bat if you refuse, no job for you. On a positive note there are some decent managers in the warehouse itself and some decent co-workers. Just the most absulte worst management from higher above, no training in your first month, And absolutely no consideration of their employees.  less
Pros
good shift managers and co-worker
Cons
poor upper management, mandated 60-70hr Weeks, no training
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILNovember 17, 2015
Manage three distribution facilities pertaining to freight scheduling, meeting MABD, cross training of staff, inventory related issues, provide customer service to internal and external customers and corporate. Complete company billing and reports.
Cons
long hours, staff turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUSTOMIZED DISTRIBUTION SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4