CUSTOMIZED DISTRIBUTION SERVICES

CUSTOMIZED DISTRIBUTION SERVICES Employee Reviews

A paycheck, not a career
"management" (Current Employee), WhartonMarch 5, 2015
Pros: close bathroom, daily lunchtruck, taught pepsi system i can use somewhere else
Cons: nepotism, mandatory extra hours and weekends, holidays, etc., job threats.
Here's what you can expect

They offer 401k but don't match.. NO matching 401k... going on like 6 years now without it

Raises every 18 months - and they come late, with no review and no chance to talk about compensation or your job performance. They went a stretch of 5 years without ANY raises at all.

Mandatory 50 and 60 hour workweeks with no compensation, and 6 day work weeks when "they are busy" that add an extra shift to it.

No training or room for advancement. Watch how they laugh about your career (or offer you something while refusing to discuss particulars about the position) while upper management takes a week vacation in Florida because the brass needs a "retreat".

Nepotsim 101 - see a company full of family members, bowling buddies and girlfriends/mistresses get promoted and raises and special treatment - including positions created for them they aren't qualified for or moved into positions without it even being posted.

A group of misfit union workers and illegal alien/formerly incarcerated temp agency workers who are paid like walmart and forced to work 7 days a week at times, and if you don't convince them to join the union, you're told you're not a good manager. Plus, if you don't micromanage them down to the last detail, you're a bad manager. Almost no training for the managers or employees and a "seat of the pants" methodology...

Turnover... there's a couple of us that have been here a year, and a couple guys who lasted 5 or more, but most managers have been here a short time and last less than a year. I have no idea how some of these guys lasted so many – more... years.

Also, no bonuses - it's a rumor from a half-decade ago. No one who's not corporate gets a bonus. We make millions, there's just not enough for the entry level management team I guess.

Also, they'll work on Labor Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, after Thanksgiving, memorial day etc, and they'll force you to work those days too and if you're new, you get the worst of it while a few of the old-timers seem to get most of them off free and clear. (and see "Nepotism" above) Oh, and no compensation other than a promise of one extra day off...sometime, when it's convenient for them to let you have it.

they will teach you how to use Red Prairie and Pepsi systems which will help you get a job somewhere else, but don't teach anything about how to be a supervisor and how to manage people and situations.

I do like that my bathroom is in the office too and there's plenty of places to eat nearby. The other building has the bathroom like a quartermile away. yes there are two buildings and they will make you work in both without really training in them and they're using two different operating systems. – less
Good workplace with fun people and lots of work
case picker/sit down forklift operator (Former Employee), Breinigsville PAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: short breaks
My experience at CDS was a good experience. It was very repetitive at times when I would have to case pick for 12 straight hours some days. I learned how to unload and load trucks on a sit down forklift and i also learned how to use the stand up forklift. I would have to say that the hardest part was case picking for so long but it was nicely balanced by the kind friendly people and managers.
Distribution is Busy Business
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILNovember 13, 2014
I look forward to arriving at work and being busy throughout the shift. I have learned a lot with the company and I will continue to strive to learn more. Improvement has been made in management. I work and get along well with co-workers.
Good
Operations (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJune 27, 2014
Pros: appreciation meals from management
Cons: round trip commute of about sixty minutes
Because of management the job was tolerable. In a typical day I would load up to 3 to 4 trucks in a typical eight hour work day
Great
Regional Vice President (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 13, 2014
I owned and Managed the company, specialized in medical delivery of blood and blood products. 7/24/365 schedule.
Productive and energetic workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 8, 2014
Prep for production, review new product production with employees. Create billing statements for production and track productivity, and ensure quality control. Load and unload freight as needed, pull freight for production. I learned how to be a well balanced leader, and ensure that the employees were productive. Management provided ongoing training and support. Coworkers were easy to get along with and helpful.The most difficult part of the job was filling production needs with inadequate staff / time to fill production needs. The most difficult part of the job was filling production needs with inadequate staff / time to fill production needs.
Starter Job. Get experience and move on
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Wharton, NJDecember 13, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: everything else
This is a starter position. Learn to use a lift and move on to a company that appreciates you. The pay will not retain skilled workers. Management will work you to the bone, use you up, and toss you away.
Busy and productive
Driver (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: prefect benefit
Cons: traffic
I learned how to read the map of southern California. How to perform with prefect timing and responsibility is the key to get this job done.
fun work place
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 9, 2013
My duties included monitoring inventory levels and authorized to check inventory cycle counts. I enforced root cause problem solving and corrective action process. I also evaluated stock items for surplus and suggested alternative stocking programs. Performed data entry. Used Microsoft Excel program.
Fun work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Wharton, NJApril 8, 2013
Great enviroment every day at work.
Good team work, the most enjoyable part of the job was get everything done rite on time and perfect
Overall good workplace, but not much advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: busy / upbeat pace, decent pay wage, location of facility
Cons: 401k no longer matched, building contract complications, working hours cut
A day at work consists of sending reports, scheduling and building orders with the customer and the trucking company, inventory control, answering the phones, and any other task that might arise. I would say it's as simple as that, but everything changes constantly. You have to be well adaptable to work here. I learned how to work with SAP, Foxware, and various time management systems. I also acquired a better sense of prioritizing. Recently, management has become much better due to new processes and new members of management. There is a better sense rapport and task completion now. My co-workers, with the exception of a few, are very pleasant to be around and have the same drive as I do for getting the job done. The most enjoyable part is that there is always something to do.
Poor Moral - Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee), NJMay 25, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: mico-management; healthcare; poor moral
Management does not offer positive influence. There are no incentives and no raises. Meanwhile, all upper management goes to Yankee games. Decent employees left over the past few years because of lack of advancement, poor treatment, and no raises. Too much drama and talking behind backs. Upper management looks down upon the 'working' class employees. Too many illegal immigrants and some leave, change names and come back. Benefits have gotten horrible. Vacation Time and Sick time are above average.
uncomfortable workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), new jerseyMarch 19, 2012
Pros: easy to get to
Cons: healthcare
no room for advancement, small company, no raises, to much office drama
Work there if it's the last place in the world
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PaDecember 14, 2011
Pros: overtime
They want you to join their union after 90 days, they take away $45 off your paycheck every 2 weeks and did I say they don't even give you a raise after your 90 days and becoming part of the union. That whole company is something going on in there with their union because that is the 1st union I heard that they don't give you a raise after your 90 days. Oh plus on their contract it states that becoming a member of the union is voluntary and it shouldn't affect your employment status with the company, but they still will terminate you if you don't sign the contract. It's ridiculous if you like overtime and working 12 hrs a day 6 days a week then you want to work here, I think that part right there is the only beneficial about the company that you can make a good paycheck cause the OT but that company is corrupted I wouldn't be surprised if it's run by an organized crime association.

About CUSTOMIZED DISTRIBUTION SERVICES

Customized Distribution Services, Inc. provides advanced product distribution and logistics services. Our philosophy is to establish – Read more

CUSTOMIZED DISTRIBUTION SERVICES Salaries