Cutera Employee Reviews

A very productive and work friendly place.
Medical Device Assembler (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, CAFebruary 13, 2016
Very busy work environment with a lot of overtime hours.
I learned so much skills with this company due to the variety of tasks that is performed on a daily bases. The management is very supportive to employees when required, including co-workers which forms a family-like place to work. The hardest part of the job is what I love most, because things can get very challenging and demanding but I strive for that because I love to be challenged. I enjoy every aspect of the job and I wouldn't change a thing.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n.a
Steer Far Far Away...Lack of Respect From Higher Up
marketing communications (Former Employee) –  brisbane, caMay 19, 2015
I came on board early of last year and left within a couple of months. There is a high turn over rate in the Sales, R & D and Marketing department and that has been the norm for the past several years. I was warned about working here from other employees, but I wanted to experience it for myself. The position I worked had 3 prior employees within a year's span. There are tons of negative reviews from past and current employees (check out glassdoor)
I was working in Marketing department and I was not trained properly in different areas. There is a learning curve within the first month and I was tired of getting belittled and badgered on what my roles were. I even had a list of what my job duties were and as the days went on, the job duties list was becoming bigger and bigger and I found myself doing 3 people's jobs. I should've gotten paid more for what I was doing.
There are several different people that this position helps out with and it's a constant struggle trying to figure out what I was supposed to do, simply because my tasks would vary and people would just dump their work on me. Upper management likes to play favoritism and fire people on the spot. People like to play the blame game since they don't want to get canned . Certain directors demand respect from you as if they are God. Some coworkers would hide in the bathroom to steer clear from higher up.
Some departments did the bare minimum. HR did not help. I felt the only way to keep myself sane was to quit and that's what I did.

At the very least, the biggest take away you should get from my review is
  more... to NOT apply at this company if you are motivated, educated, and experienced.

Now, I can breathe! Sigh of relief
Pros
close to the freeway. free parking
Cons
no upward career mobility, hostile environment within the marketing and sales team
An inside look
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  UnspecifiedAugust 31, 2014
This is a capital equipment position where you are constantly under the gun to sell new equipment. If you like to work with existing customers and develop existing business, you will feel like you are missing something here. It is a high risk/high reward job with significant rep turnover. Since I have worked here, 80% of the people in the sales organization are gone. On top of that, several territories have turned over 3 times during this same period. On a positive note, the products are high tech and fun to sell. Even though people come and go, there are some great sales & marketing people that contribute to a good overall culture. Also, reps are given a lot of autonomy and sales reporting requirements are reasonable. How is this company run? The general consensus is not well. As it relates to sales, the higher ups do not communicate a clear vision and do not have a clear business strategy to put the company in a leadership position.

There is no doubt that consumer demand for aesthetic lasers is strong, however, physician demand is struggling to keep pace. This is a highly competitive industry and every company is going to the same customers and asking them to purchase new equipment. Can you sell some lasers at Cutera? Yes. Can you sell enough to consistently hit quota? That's another story. In the big picture, Cutera has not been able to turn a profit for quite some time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a merger or acquisition in the near future.
Fun to work for
Principal Software engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CAMay 7, 2014
Good opportunity to learn about medical technology. A good atmosphere between co-workers.
Bad place to work
NSupervisor (Current Employee) –  BrisbaneFebruary 8, 2013
Compensation: They never tell you how much you have to pay for medical insurance until you are in there (tricky). It is very expensive!!
Job security: You will have job security only if you belong to one of the specific minorities that rules the place otherwise they play you on the back and get you out of there.
Culture values: These people have hidden technical problems that use for their advantage and make you look like you cannot do the job. Plus they cheat to do their job.
Management: They do not have full knowledge of their technology. The company needs a major personnel cleaning in manufacturing from the middle management all the way to the bottom.
Work life balance: There is not flexibility at all for your working schedule. Management always looks for excuses to block vacation.
Probably the previews positive review was written by the management to attract people.
Remember if you have talent and know your technical job do not go in there; do not waste your time. Now you are warned!
Pros
if you are good at politics, this is the place
Cons
everithing
Detail Oriented Work Place with fun personalities
Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, CAJanuary 21, 2013
Learned a lot about product development and was allowed to do anything I was interested in doing within the confines of the project. Worked with people from several different backgrounds in a comprehensive medical project that was tailored to everyone's needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cutera. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9