Cutter Aviation Employee Reviews in United States

High energy all day long very fun place while learning something new everyday.
Line service Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day for me consist of fueling an average of 10-25 different aircraft's, towing 3-5 aircraft's, keeping radio communication throughout a ten hour shift with my co-workers and management as well with customer service agents in the front desk. Keeping track of inbound/outbound aircraft with quick turn needs and servicing all their needs. Potable water, Lavs, Fuel, Coffee, ice, paper's, and keeping them comfortable enough to which we maintain them as a customer.
Pros
benefits, free ground school, flying lessons.
Cons
only get donuts on the weekends.
Completely disorganized - not a conductive place to work.
Line Service Technican - Third Shift (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2015
Management is on a constant rebound because the turn over rate is extremely high. During my year and a half here I saw over 20 people hired quit within 6 months.

There is little advancement opportunities, the company is downsizing and has let a few people go a dissolve their jobs entirely.

The work here is very easy to learn and not very stressful to accomplish but management is always micromanaging every detail of your day.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No lunch breaks - even on 10 hour shifts. Poor Management.
Family owned company with a good reputation
Avionics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2013
Typical work day starts with a review of the previous days work orders to see what is still in work. Check schedule for new work and assign personel to work these aircraft. Field questions and reqests for quotes. Solve problems that may arrise. Try to work into larger jobs so that they meet scheduling requiements. My co workers are patient as they know I could have to attend to other matters at any time. The hardest part of the job is keeping personel motivated during a long installation. The most enjoyable part of the job is interfacing with the customers.
Pros
climate, freedom to manage the department
Cons
long hours, juggling personel.
Great Career and opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Loved working there. Very friendly staff aside of the drama from some of the employees, but management interferes to avoid any issues. The customers are great with the staff, hardly ever had any issues with any customer. Company focuses on pleasing the customer and i love that.
Pros
great customers
Cons
have to find a way to eat lunch, no breaks
Great company to start you off....
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 25, 2013
Good company to work for at entry level...difficult to move around other than occasional supervisor position in another state. If you like airplanes, or pretty ladies, this is a good spot to lock down employment.
Pros
the aircraft and other employees
Great job
Line Tech (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2014
It is a place to learn about airplanes. It is located at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport so always interesting.
Pros
your around aviation
Cons
no advancement
Cutter Aviation - phoenix, Az.
Ramp Agent / Fueler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2014
I was at Cutter aviation to learn how to fuel and also pack airplanes. These airplanes were all smaller aircrafts. After a while i left to Swissport so I can learn how to fuel bigger airplanes. I worked my way from a Skycap to an Aircraft Refueler. I do not have anything bad to say about Cutter, they helped me in my goal in what I wanted to do.
Pros
working with airplanes, learning how to fuel
Cons
n/a
great environment to work in.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 30, 2014
enjoyed working with different people every day from different places and was always busy. days went by fast and management was great and worked with schedule.
Stay away
Line Tech (Former Employee) –  El Paso TXAugust 17, 2014
Watch your back. Too many lifers there to move up. Fear for your job. Train you in safety then make you do everything you learned not to do. Station manager wants to run it as if still in the military. Manager makes up rules that don't make sense.
great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 17, 2014
it was a great expereince working there something i will never forget, i loved how everyday was something different it was never the same or never a dull moment
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 11, 2013
Awesome company to work for.
Will always stay busy.
Always learning new things.
Aviation industry is amazing.
Pros
meet great people
Cons
no lunch breaks