Our Client is a worldwide leader in the supply of technologies and materials for the petroleum industry. An immediate opening for an experienced Lead Chemical Process Engineer is now available in their Performance Materials Division, located in Baton Rouge, LA. (The position may also be located in Mobile, AL or Shreveport, LA – location can effect travel requirements).
The Lead Chemical Process Engineer will work with the Business, R&D, and Plant Groups to identify improvements and expansions to the existing product line and manage new product processes. The Lead Process Engineer will ensure that our client’s Process Standards and Procedures are met during all phases. The Lead Process Engineer will also provide process technology support to operating plants.
Basic Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 8 years of chemical engineering experience
- 5 years proven process design experience(Define/Scope/Execute)
- 2 years experience with each of the following: leading projects, utilization of process simulation tools such as Aspen or Unisim, process safety, and performing economic analysis
- 1 year of equipment sizing experience
- Leading the development of Front End and Process Design Packages consisting of:
- Process Description and key technology and risk summary
- Proper scaling up of laboratory data to commercial design
- Process Simulations
- Heat and Material Balance and Process Flow Diagrams
- Piping & Instrument Diagrams
- Process Equipment Specifications
- Leading Process Hazard Analysis/HAZOP activities.
- Supporting capital project engineers during the detailed design phase, equipment purchase, construction and start up.
- Becoming an expert on the process chemistry, the operating philosophy and the process design basis for the equipment.
- Insuring that the PFD’s and P&ID’s are accurate and kept up to date.
- Working within teams to identify and implement longer term process improvement efforts, with the overall goal being to achieve improved safety, higher yields, better production rates, and higher attainment.
- Understanding and leveraging the plant control and information systems to make improvements.
- Identifying and implementing improvements on basic control schemes and advanced process control strategies.
- Developing process economic studies, Quality assurance of engineering calculations, including process simulation input and output data
- Assisting in Intellectual Property (IP) activities including freedom-to-practice and IP protection
Additional Position Requirements
- Experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Ag Chemical, or Pulp and Paper industries
- Leading the development of Front End and Process Design Packages
- Demonstrated experience leading projects with a minimum scope of $20mm
- Familiarity with chemical plant control system (DCS) and advanced process control
- Ability to define strategy and develop creative solutions
- Demonstrated modeling and simulation experience
- Basic understanding of Intellectual Property (IP)
- Basic understanding of control schemes and advanced process control strategies
- Master’s Degree
- Six Sigma certification
Cutting Edge Connect is proud to offer this position through our website, www.connectondeck.com, a division of Cutting Edge Consulting, Inc.
To speak with us directly, please contact:
Work: 847 257 6892
For more information on the services Connect on Deck has to offer, visit our home page @ www.connectondeck.com .
Connect on Deck – The all-in-one solution for engineers.