Cuyahoga Community College invites applications for a visionary leader for the position of Dean for the Division of Nursing.
Cuyahoga Community College District, also known as Tri-C, is a large multi-campus community college in Northeast, Ohio and is the controlling agency for the Division of Nursing. Primarily serving Cuyahoga County, the college has four major campuses that include the Eastern Campus in Highland Hills, the Metropolitan Campus of downtown Cleveland, the Western Campus in Parma, and Westshore campus in Westlake, Ohio.
The nursing program operates on the Metropolitan, Eastern, and Westshore campuses, as well as an offsite location at Parma Hospital, which services the Western campus.
The Dean of Nursing is a college wide appointment and oversees the nursing program on three campuses (Metropolitan, Eastern, and Westshore) and the offsite program.
The Dean, Nursing is responsible to lead a large and diverse faculty and staff that support a student body for the associate degree and practical nurse programs. The Dean will provide academic and administrative leadership across all campuses. This position will be responsive to internal and external stakeholders to meet future health care workforce needs of the greater northeastern Ohio area.
The Dean, Nursing provides leadership to ensure appropriateness, relevance and excellence of instruction, curriculum, and educational facilities. This position works to identify resource needs and to ensure their effective use within the division. The Dean supports the division with the identification and recruitment of new faculty, staff, and administrators in its pursuit of excellence. This position will also provide leadership to faculty and staff in the development of strategic goals and plans for the division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Fosters an environment of customer service and collaboration internally and externally.
· Facilitates the timely resolution of student concerns
· Works with other institutions of higher learning to address common issues and agendas.
· Serves as a liaison to the appropriate licensing and accrediting agencies and ensures compliance with national, state and local approval and accrediting agency requirements to ensure adherence of regulations and best practice.
· Serves on college-wide committees as assigned
· Supervises the Associate Dean and the Dean's Administrative Coordinator
· Works collaboratively with the Presidents of the Metropolitan, Eastern and Westshore campuses
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
· Master's degree with a major in nursing
· Completion of an approved professional nursing education program
· Five years of experience in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse, two of which have been as a faculty member in a professional nursing education program
· Current unrestricted active license as a registered nurse in Ohio, or another state, which is eligible for licensure in the state of Ohio
· Experience in nursing program development and operation within an educational institution
· Experience in curriculum development to meet state and national organization requirements
· Experience in supervising faculty and other instructional staff
· Experience in working with health care agencies and community organizations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Demonstrated ability to build and lead an team
· Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the health career leadership team
· Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING