Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews

Great Training
Professional Development
Opportunities for growth
Good learning experience
Adjunct Faculty, Nursing-RN/LPN Program (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44115March 30, 2017
I enjoyed working with the students and I learned as much from them as they from me. It is very refreshing to teach new up and coming nurses with a passion for pt care
Pros
Refreshing feeling
Academic Program Coordinator - Grant funded
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 20, 2017
As the program coordinator, I constantly searched for ways to promote the academic program. From job fairs and college open houses, recruiting employers and students was the best part of the job. Next to that, I enjoyed planning networking events for promoting cooperative education with students and employers. I created marketing materials, managed and reported on the grant, evaluated curriculum design and alignment with industry standards, organized meeting for two advisory boards, provided student academic support and facilitated career services workshops.
The only thing that was hard about this job was having to leave it.
My manager had high standards and monitored deadlines, but we worked well together and were able to accomplish all the goals set forth for the program.
Pros
Always on the go, never boring, exciting
Cons
Grant funded and not permanent
The college is a great place to work, but not the nursing department
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2017
Students are treated terribly. Left position due to feeling it was unethical to continue working there. The pay is fantastic, but not worth the horrific managing of the program. There are a few phenomenal instructors, but unfortunately, that are the minority. Love the mission of CCC, but could never work in the nursing department again unless the management had a complete overhaul.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Horrific management, unethical treatment of students, lack of managerial support
Productive Fun Work Atmosphere
Cable Operator/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2017
The faculty and staff are wonderful to work with. Hands on training in a fast paced fun friendly work environment. It's a great company to work for and I enjoy working here a lot.
Great opportunity!
Adjunct Faculty / Author (Current Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHFebruary 20, 2017
As an author, writing courses focusing on the interests of the students of the ENCORE program, I find the entire process to be fascinating and exceptionally rewarding.
Pros
Courses change each semester
Cons
This is an Adjunct / Part Time assignment
The best job I ever had. If I was an eighty year old millionaire I would still want this job!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day at work was relaxed and enjoyable, teaching the subject I love. I learned that everyone might not be talented at art but everyone can improve and enjoy art. My boss was fabulous, I could ask him anything and he was always supportive. The culture was extremely diverse and everyone enjoyed learning from each other. The hardest part of my job was having to fail someone due to poor attendance and not completing their projects. The best part of my job was seeing such wonderful improvements by my students.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
No access to benefits
A wonderful educational institution
Student Financial Assistance (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2017
Cuyahoga Community college has a great deal of educational opportunity. They truly provide people with much need personal guidance.
do your research before coming on board
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2017
few opportunties for growth exist with Cuyahoga Community College. Commitment and professionalism are not recognized by the leadership, unless you are at a higher level in the organization.
Geat Place
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoy working at Tri-C. Wonderful colleagues and administration. It's great helping students from the time they walk into the door through graduation.

Want to know more about Cuyahoga Community College?

Ask a question
productive
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 17, 2016
Great experience. The college allows its employers participate in the processes of Higher Learning and provide voice regarding the future. Its a great place to work and the management is respectful.
Graphic Design
Internship (Former Employee) –  Metro Campus, Excellent Center of LearningDecember 12, 2016
work perfect on music videos (media design), very good in advertising and create logo by using illustrator, photoshop, indesign, and cinema 4D. Easy to learn and ready to work as a full time.
Have an experience before in Flyers.
dispatch
Police Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 24, 2016
The pay is greatI spend most of my day dealing with customer service issues. I also manage assignments for the officer and coordinate emergency's services for them and students.
Academia is not for everyone
Information Technology Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2016
Tri-C is a very large organization with many layers of bureaucracy and politics to navigate. In addition, they have a Workforce division for non-credit offerings which appears to threaten the job security of the credit faculty. A difficult line to walk.
Pros
Benefits, Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS)
Cons
Very large organization, Politics, Management
A wonderful place to begin an academing teaching career
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2016
Management gives the instructors, a large amount of autonomy to teach the classes in a style that the instructor finds most effective, as long as you stay within the guidelines of what must be presented for the course.
Intern (Summer), Center for Learning Excellence (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 19, 2016
Flexible hours, safe and fun work environment, was able to connect with other members in the workplace. There were times that it was a bit boring, but I was able to complete all of my work in a timely manner and was able to receive helpful feedback.
Fun place however, grant ended with no other openings.
Program Manager, Additive Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 28, 2016
Fun place however, grant ended with no other openings. Management was good and friendly and co-workers tried to help as much as they could.
Enjoyed working with the people there and developing a new curriculum for a brand new program to the students.
Fantastic Place to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioAugust 3, 2016
This is a great company to work for.
they make me feel at home,
it is a very welcoming environment.

the company treats its staff well.
the staff are treated with respect and decency.
very happy here.
a good place to start your career
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2016
Planning student events and posting flyers and teach kids the basics of education take them on field trips i learned that i can be a leader in my own right management was cool, some co-workers was good they were nice and some were mean. the hardest part of the job was staying focussed as always and the most enjoyable part of the job was making people smile.
Pros
being a leader and learning all kinds of new things
Cons
not able to do what you need to do for family
Adjunct Professor
English Instructor/ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2016
I truly loved teaching at Cuyahoga Community College. The students with whom I worked were incredibly dedicated and hardworking and my colleagues were inspirational.
Pros
My students and colleagues, opportunity to share my love for my content

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cuyahoga Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5