Cuyahoga Community College

Cuyahoga Community College Employer Reviews

Fast-paced marketing department
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2014
Pros: creatively challenging
Cons: every project has a short-turnaround time, sometimes lack of communication
A typical day at work is reviewing design projects schedule and each project's specs. Design wide variety of types of media from concept to finish on all jobs. Every day is a busy day, but the work remains new and different.

Management takes an active role in the caring of the staff and their lives. They also participate in day to day work load of – more... the department. Actively participate in collaborative projects, and trust the designers to get things done without micromanaging the staff. – less
Great moral; building students and employees for success.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Westlake, OhioNovember 6, 2014
Pros: coming to work everyday is enjoyable
Cons: no available pay increase or promotion
*Actively engaging in peer-to-peer interactions that help facilitate enrollment processes. This happens through the strategic placement of Student Ambassadors in new student orientation and the enrollment services areas.
*Assisting student retention efforts at the College by providing rich and fulfilling interactions with Student Ambassadors as peer – more... mentors.
*Helping to improve services that may impede student access and success.
*Demonstrate outstanding customer service, reliability, effective leadership skills, and strong communication skills;
*Provide support to students during peak periods;
*Assist students with My Tri-C space;
*Provide campus tours; *Assist with on and off campus events such as Open houses, NSO, college fairs, high school visits;
*Participate in leadership programs and attend student success workshops
*Make appointments for future and current students in counseling office
*co-workers all work well together, collaborating ideas to make a successful experience for students attending Tri-C.
* Helping Students taking steps to achieve their goals. – less
Engaging of many minds
Instructor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility, academic environment
Cons: class availability
The ability to engage students ranging from 18-79 years of age in lessons through cooperative learning and contributing greatly to their overall success.
Diverse Community College
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 9, 2014
Plenty of opportunity for growth. Great environment for teamwork and collaboration.
Fitness Professional
Fitness Professional (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: just moved to a new area so will have to develop new clients.
Have taught wellness for over 20 years. I have kept current certifications in many areas including:
Yoga
Personal Trainer
Group Instructions
Great working environment
Assessment Technician (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: flexibility, great benefits, great pay
Cons: getting a full time position
If you love to see people succeed and maximize their potential, then this job is for you. Working with students is a joy, I love to encourage and support their decisions for their future. This job provides flexibility, vacation pay, annual raises, and great benefits. The campus faculty and staff give off a more familial structure than a working environment.
Great
Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2014
this job is very helpful with your life it keeps you on track. they have great co workers.
Supportive and Understanding Environment
Administrative Program Facilitator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioSeptember 19, 2014
A typical day at work is never the same. Working with students there is something new that always comes up. One minute you are on the phone, next you are responding to an e-mail, and third you are offering a listening ear to a student that needs to vent about something. The beauty of it all is that you get to touch someone’s life each and every single – more... day you come to work. You start remembering each face and each story that touches you and everyone grows together. It is a truly remarkable phenomena and it brings so much joy. – less
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Parma, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: can work on college home work when not busy.
My bos is awsome to work for. She is patient and thorough. I love working for an employer who is a positive hard worker. I arive at 10 a.m. and work till 3 p.m.. I deliver mail around the college. This is great exercise and I meet many people. There is nothing hard about my job. This is because I love people and being busy. It is a great assit to be – more... able to work on college homework inbetween runs. My coworkers are enjoyable we all love this college and the awsome enviorment. I also go t6o classes before and after work right on sight. – less
Computer Software
Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2014
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
my outlook
Teacher/ Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2014
Pros: help people learn
Cons: there wasn't any
my time at Tri-c as a teacher assistant was a great time. i took this roll on for a couple reasons one to learn more on computer and to to help out other students. this ended up to be a great thing the students at first was not sure of me but after they saw that i was trying to help them learn they started to call on me for everything. that was a great – more... felling in side of me. i was make someone life a better place. one day i may go into teaching – less
Great Place
Caretaker (Former Employee), Westlake, OhioJune 30, 2014
Pros: work independently
Cons: weird hours
I loved being here as part of the cleaning staff. The people there are great and I did have room for advancement.
Provided appropriate materials for teaching
Leader (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2014
Taught non traditional students and nursing students. Had to make science material interesting to all.
Fun working place and very diverse
Phlebotomy Student (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2014
Pros: teachers, diversity
i love the whole experience of the school and programs.Great learning environment, I begin with learning basic medical terms and interpersonal skills towards my career. I than begin to draw blood on multiple people and did an internship through the college. Great
Almost Perfect
Recruiter (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2014
Pros: helping veterans
Cons: not stable
The hardest part of the job is getting people to want to come back to school, dealing with the "redtape" and "grey areas", and trying to perform miracles.
my favorite job
media tech 2 (Former Employee), Parma, OHApril 8, 2014
i love tri c. no stress. great environment. always around great minds. and i use technology to teach college classes. how awesome is that.
Challenging the next generation toward a higher education
America Reads- Tutor (Current Employee), Cleveland OhioApril 3, 2014
Pros: snack-time
Cons: slim hours
As the clock hits four o' clock, I savor the last few seconds of peace and quite. Suddenly a mob of young students burst through the doors and simultaneously begin announcing their homework assignments.

My responsibility is to help regulate the students by helping them get situated and on track to completing their schoolwork.

Considering that the – more... kids have been in school all day long, most do not want to study. Unfortunately for them, I am hired, not to be their friend, but to help them academically excel.

Although it can be difficult on most days, the most rewarding part of my job is to see kids understand and get excited about learning. – less
The college is very reactive, not proactive
Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: terrible campuses, depending on where you work
It just seems like nobody really knows whats going on. the focus should be on teaching and learning but that gets mixed up in a bunch of othe intiatives and the greaduation rate is ridiculously low.
Awesome workplace with lots of autonomy.
Adjunct Instructor, IT (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 9, 2014
Very supportive administration and some progressive, innovative colleagues.
Very Good College and work place
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 18, 2014
attended College and worked on campus as a Student Ambassador
in financial aid office assisting students with registration and financial aid applications.

1 2 3 4