Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews

Very rewarding position
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job was watching peoples lives change from one decision to futher their education. My manager was the first manager that cared about me having a heathy work and life balance. She valued her employees.
Pros
My manager cared about my work life balance
Cons
Public speaking still makes me nervous
I enjoyed working there with the nurse on duty.
Senior Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Perform answering telephone calls, customer service duties, made clients feel as comfortable as possible when they'd come to see the nurse for whatever reason, computer input of medical records of students/staff and others. It was enjoyable.
Excellent work environment.
Project Assistant/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 12, 2016
Wonderful work place with lovely coworkers. Good place to learn and grow as an employee. Location is excellent, also. Staff and faculty are well educated.
Pros
Exercise room.
Empowerment is not enforced
Veteran Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2016
Typically I would address the needs of the veteran student population at the Metropolitan campus. Making certain that all paperwork/ forms were completed to include registering for college classes. I learned to be more patient when dealing with government programs. My executive director was great; yet other entities that handled our grant to support the program that funded us was not the great. Our team was a tight nit; well functioning machine that worked together well. The most difficult part of my job was being unable to assist a veteran because they may not have the necessary requirements to be afforded benefits from the Department of Veteran Affairs. The most enjoyable part was visualizing the many veterans that I assisted succeed.
Pros
Being able to continue taking college classes at a reduced rate
Cons
The budget cut
Lab facilitator, Customer service rep, IT basics
Customer Service Rep, Computer idealist. (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2016
Cuyahoga Community College is an amazing place and all of my supervisors and coworkers are professional and set great examples. A typical day here consists me contacting people for and adult education program that is offered at the college. I'm on the phones almost all day telling people about the program and how to apply if they are interested. I also help people who are already in the program by instructing them of their next steps and troubleshooting problems they may have with their computer or the online program that we use for instruction. My manager is extremely flexible kind and considerate to my individual needs.
Pros
good pay, professional
Cons
Not enough hours
Cuyahoga Community College is a great place to work
Client Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 21, 2015
I love the fact that I am the first and last point of contact and I have an opportunity to help so many people become successful or create a plan to enhance their career and life.
Great Place to Be
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 20, 2015
I really enjoyed my job there. I get to do a variety of tasks. Good environment. I enjoying working with my coworkers and helping students.
Pros
wellness program, good benefits
Good
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 2, 2015
This was a good place to work and I left for an advancement opportunity. Had I not been solicited with the opportunity, I would have remained at CEOGC.
Pros
Flexibility, location, co-workers
Cons
Good work conditions conducive to good learning environment.
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 23, 2015
A typical day of work is from 9a.m to 12noon teaching two different groups. Excellent work conditions and receptive students make my job very easy. The hardest part of my job is to end the class! I really enjoy teaching.
Pros
Fun in the classroom plus lots of learning.
Cons
too cold in the winter
STAC
Helper (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHNovember 19, 2015
Mentally handicapped children trying to learn every day routines. Learning how to do jobs or things around the house by themselves. Family and friends around. Always helpful, caring, loving environment.

Want to know more about Cuyahoga Community College?

Ask a question
Fantastic work/school experience
Student Ambassador and Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 12, 2015
I loved working for Tri-C as a student. I gained invaluable work experience and networking opportunities. It was also a lesson in adaptability as processes changed to meet the ever changing funding requirements. All-in-all a wonderful experience.
Co-Workers
America Reads Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2015
All of my co-workers were students and it is a really fun experience for those entering in the field of education. I really enjoyed working with them and inspiring children to increase their reading skills.
Great!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 8, 2015
Very fast paced and relax environment. Not too stressful but demanding in self sufficiency. A great learning experience.
Learned about computer
Tili­Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2015
This job gave me the opportunity to learn more about computers. The only part that was the hardest was when I first started but as time went on I learned everything about computer technology.
A typical day
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHOctober 21, 2015
Fun place to work, fast paced and enjoyable students. Supervisory staff was a micro manager however, the task was enjoyable.
Pros
Interacting with the students
Cons
The Director was a micromanager and easily irritated.
Working for a community College and helping others is pleasureful in itself. I learned that the computer systems are easy too learn.
Peer Financial Aid coach (Current Employee) –  Cleve, OhioSeptember 23, 2015
The Financial Aid Department is where I've gained my most experience from going into different systems that have allowed me to learn Excel and Microsoft Word and I've been experienced with Macintosh also. I've helped so many people get benefits that were due to them, and that was a rewarding part of the job. The Company was always professional and wanted me to succeed. The most difficult part of the job was maintaining your composure, when a client was extremely rude and uncontrollable.
Quiet and simple place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Working here was very simple and easy. The coworkers were all ways friendly and willing to help you. I learned how to navigate Excel and Microsoft word. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers.
Pros
Enjoyable and Quiet place to work
Growth needed
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OJAugust 28, 2015
Student positions did not allow for homework or study time. Management was fair, yet there were some that tried to use you for their personal work.
Typical Duties
Camp Director/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2015
Create and enforce camp policies.
Hire and train all staff members.
Oversee day to day operation of the camp.
Ensure proper and appropriate marketing of the camp.
professionally run, mission driven
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Community CollegeJuly 27, 2015
always supported by management
clearly defined expectations
given necessary materials to do the job
easy to find answers to questions
Pros
great part-time position

4.6