Cuyahoga Community College

Cuyahoga Community College Employer Reviews

Almost Perfect
Recruiter (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2014
Pros: helping veterans
Cons: not stable
The hardest part of the job is getting people to want to come back to school, dealing with the "redtape" and "grey areas", and trying to perform miracles.
my favorite job
media tech 2 (Former Employee), Parma, OHApril 8, 2014
i love tri c. no stress. great environment. always around great minds. and i use technology to teach college classes. how awesome is that.
Challenging the next generation toward a higher education
America Reads- Tutor (Current Employee), Cleveland OhioApril 3, 2014
Pros: snack-time
Cons: slim hours
As the clock hits four o' clock, I savor the last few seconds of peace and quite. Suddenly a mob of young students burst through the doors and simultaneously begin announcing their homework assignments.

My responsibility is to help regulate the students by helping them get situated and on track to completing their schoolwork.

Considering that the – more... kids have been in school all day long, most do not want to study. Unfortunately for them, I am hired, not to be their friend, but to help them academically excel.

Although it can be difficult on most days, the most rewarding part of my job is to see kids understand and get excited about learning. – less
The college is very reactive, not proactive
Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: terrible campuses, depending on where you work
It just seems like nobody really knows whats going on. the focus should be on teaching and learning but that gets mixed up in a bunch of othe intiatives and the greaduation rate is ridiculously low.
Awesome workplace with lots of autonomy.
Adjunct Instructor, IT (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 9, 2014
Very supportive administration and some progressive, innovative colleagues.
Very Good College and work place
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 18, 2014
attended College and worked on campus as a Student Ambassador
in financial aid office assisting students with registration and financial aid applications.
Tri-c is a great work enviroment.
ambassador (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches with some very influentual people.
Cons: time management is key. you must leave time to still be a student although the job is long hours.
Tri-c also offers great opportunities for its employees to advance their education.
My experiene at TriC was awesome!
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: being a student ambassador opens doors
Cons: no time for breaks and lunch position very demanding
My experience at Cuyahoga Community College was educational as well as fun. I learned various skills that I can use in the work force also in daily living. My co workers were always open to suggestions and willing to help problem solve. The hardest part of the job was having time for lunch and breaks. The overall experience was great and I will continue – more... to use and add to the skills and education I received while studying and working at TriC. – less
The workplace at TRI-C
Assoc Editor/Office manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2013
Pros: learning from other, self-confidence, hard worker, love of people. knowing my work affects my reputation and it says alot about me.
Cons: learning disciple, excepting that their are people who, s and are different from what mines are
The typical day a CCC was pleasurable however structured by to who much was given much was expected. I learned discipline, responsibilities, to always be mindful of was expected of me, not just from the administrative culture however also to be aware of the picture I painted before the ones that would walk in my path. And whatever job I did was to be – more... my best at it. learning also to manage my time, value, surrounding, and behavioral. My co-workers was always dedicated to doing a job right the first time, finish it on time, looking at how it affected people and situations. They was very easy to get alone with. The hardest part of that job, was leaving. Seeing how the organization embraced other students and student employees like myself and giving us opportunities beyond our expectation, to excel and to be confidence to be go getter really prepared us for the future. – less
Meet new people
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Parma, OHNovember 17, 2013
Worked in the cashier office creating payment plans for the students.
CCC nursing program
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2013
Enjoyed my experience in CCC's ADN program., would recommend the program to others.
Educational
Part-time Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Highland Hills, OHNovember 5, 2013
Pros: healthy programs for staff
Cons: no comment
Enjoyed working and earning my degree. Meet a lot of transfer students from all parts of the world.
Very good place to work. The management is strong, yet caring to the staff and students.
Administrative Assistant to the President (Former Employee), Westlake, OHSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: very upscale nice working environment.
Cons: only worked part-time.
My job with Dr. Thomson was outstanding. I loved going into work every day. A typical day was being the master handler for all of Dr. Thomson's schedule while coordinating with other staff to ensure all tasks were completed. I was blessed with exceptionally good co-workers and we really worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was trying to schedule – more... Dr. Thomson is 3-4 places at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was Dr. Thomson and my co-workers. Very professional upstanding group of people. – less
Great atmosphere
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Parma, OHSeptember 20, 2013
I love interacting with the students. It amazes me how much I continue to learn from them.
Okay Summer Job
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2013
Good First Job.
enjoyed it

• Responsible for the general well being of each camper
• Responsible for aiding program staff during activities
• Provide leadership and support to fellow counselors
• Provide supervision for campers while campers are transported to and from camp or during scheduled field trips off of camp property
Proctor
Paramedic Skills Exam Proctor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2013
Proctoring Skills test for the community college, its a PRN Position, it Keeps me up on my paramedic skills.
Where futures begin....
North Coast Tech Prep Program Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 5, 2013
Working for Cuyahoga Community College has been a great experience thus far. I have met great people, work in a great environment and learned a great deal. The College's motto is: "Where futures begin" and it truly lives up to that mantra.
literacy lesson plans
Freedom Schools Serving Leader Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2013
Pros: build rapport with kids
Cons: fickle payment arrangements
-Meet with scholars (students) for morning activity of singing motivation song, cheers, and chants

-Break into groups to complete required reading

-Meet as large group to discuss/analyze reading
I had hoped that the program would have continued, because it helped a lot a students re-enter the public school system .
Director of Instruction/ (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2013
Pros: new experience and interaction with students and staff everyday.
Cons: program closed because of federal funds
My experience working with the at-risk youth was very rewarding while working at Cuyahoga Community College.
Productive and enjoyable day
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2013
Pros: everything
A typical day at work consists of filing papers. The management was wonderful. Everyone was nice and very helpful. My coworkers were even better. They made the day go smoothly.

1 2 3