Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews

The best job I ever had. If I was an eighty year old millionaire I would still want this job!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day at work was relaxed and enjoyable, teaching the subject I love. I learned that everyone might not be talented at art but everyone can improve and enjoy art. My boss was fabulous, I could ask him anything and he was always supportive. The culture was extremely diverse and everyone enjoyed learning from each other. The hardest part of my job was having to fail someone due to poor attendance and not completing their projects. The best part of my job was seeing such wonderful improvements by my students.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
No access to benefits
Academia is not for everyone
Information Technology Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2016
Tri-C is a very large organization with many layers of bureaucracy and politics to navigate. In addition, they have a Workforce division for non-credit offerings which appears to threaten the job security of the credit faculty. A difficult line to walk.
Pros
Benefits, Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS)
Cons
Very large organization, Politics, Management
For Adjunct Instructors, Reasonable Pay But Uncertain Employment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2016
Tri-C is a fine facility to work at, but presents the usual challenges for adjunct instructors; for this reason, one never knows what classes will be assigned (if any) for any given term. The pay is reasonable compared to the compensation of adjuncts at similar institutions but, of course, no benefits are offered.
Pros
Strong permanent and support staff, and quality facilities
Cons
Uncertainty of employment, and little opportunity for advancement
Nice place to work
Summer Intern - Instructional Design (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 16, 2016
Good work/life balance, flexible work hours, very nice facilities and co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the very work environment.
Pros
Good benefits, excellent facilities, nice co-workers.
Cons
Days during the summer tend to be slow.
Empowerment is not enforced
Veteran Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2016
Typically I would address the needs of the veteran student population at the Metropolitan campus. Making certain that all paperwork/ forms were completed to include registering for college classes. I learned to be more patient when dealing with government programs. My executive director was great; yet other entities that handled our grant to support the program that funded us was not the great. Our team was a tight nit; well functioning machine that worked together well. The most difficult part of my job was being unable to assist a veteran because they may not have the necessary requirements to be afforded benefits from the Department of Veteran Affairs. The most enjoyable part was visualizing the many veterans that I assisted succeed.
Pros
Being able to continue taking college classes at a reduced rate
Cons
The budget cut
A warm and welcoming place to have worked.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2016
My typical day at work was to help students with the enrolling process. I learned that everyone needs help at some point in their lives and I was more than happy to usher them into a new challenge in their lives. The management at Cuyahoga Community College were supportive to their student ambassadors. It was a wonderful place to have worked. As myself, my co-workers were students as well and working with them was a pleasant experience. The hardest part of being a student ambassador was the language barrier, some students did not speak English. I loved being a student ambassador, helping others to improve their lives was the best feeling.
Pros
Doing what I love, helping others to improve their lives.
Cons
That it was a short lived career opprotunity.
productive
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 17, 2016
Great experience. The college allows its employers participate in the processes of Higher Learning and provide voice regarding the future. Its a great place to work and the management is respectful.
A wonderful place to begin an academing teaching career
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2016
Management gives the instructors, a large amount of autonomy to teach the classes in a style that the instructor finds most effective, as long as you stay within the guidelines of what must be presented for the course.
a good place to start your career
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2016
Planning student events and posting flyers and teach kids the basics of education take them on field trips i learned that i can be a leader in my own right management was cool, some co-workers was good they were nice and some were mean. the hardest part of the job was staying focussed as always and the most enjoyable part of the job was making people smile.
Pros
being a leader and learning all kinds of new things
Cons
not able to do what you need to do for family
Fun place however, grant ended with no other openings.
Program Manager, Additive Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 28, 2016
Fun place however, grant ended with no other openings. Management was good and friendly and co-workers tried to help as much as they could.
Enjoyed working with the people there and developing a new curriculum for a brand new program to the students.
do your research before coming on board
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2017
few opportunties for growth exist with Cuyahoga Community College. Commitment and professionalism are not recognized by the leadership, unless you are at a higher level in the organization.
Great opportunity!
Adjunct Faculty / Author (Current Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHFebruary 20, 2017
As an author, writing courses focusing on the interests of the students of the ENCORE program, I find the entire process to be fascinating and exceptionally rewarding.
Pros
Courses change each semester
Cons
This is an Adjunct / Part Time assignment
I enjoy being associated with and working for Cuyahoga Community College.
Adjunct faculty om music and in Education. (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJune 29, 2016
I take pleasure in teaching students at Cuyahoga Community College. The majority of my classes are taught at the Western Campus. I hope that eventually the enrollment would increase to the extent that I would b assigned more classes to teach during the year although there have been years that I have been able to teach the maximum amount of classes allowed. I am very pleased to teach for Cuyahoga Community College.The administration has made great strides of late in developing high learning and teaching standards for their students and faculty and I feel a sense of pride to consider myself associated with this institution.
Pros
The Administration is friendly and easy to work with.
Cons
Would like to teach more classes in any given Semester.
Working for a community College and helping others is pleasureful in itself. I learned that the computer systems are easy too learn.
Peer Financial Aid coach (Current Employee) –  Cleve, OhioSeptember 23, 2015
The Financial Aid Department is where I've gained my most experience from going into different systems that have allowed me to learn Excel and Microsoft Word and I've been experienced with Macintosh also. I've helped so many people get benefits that were due to them, and that was a rewarding part of the job. The Company was always professional and wanted me to succeed. The most difficult part of the job was maintaining your composure, when a client was extremely rude and uncontrollable.
Graphic Design
Internship (Former Employee) –  Metro Campus, Excellent Center of LearningDecember 12, 2016
work perfect on music videos (media design), very good in advertising and create logo by using illustrator, photoshop, indesign, and cinema 4D. Easy to learn and ready to work as a full time.
Have an experience before in Flyers.
A wonderful educational institution
Student Financial Assistance (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2017
Cuyahoga Community college has a great deal of educational opportunity. They truly provide people with much need personal guidance.
Intern (Summer), Center for Learning Excellence (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 19, 2016
Flexible hours, safe and fun work environment, was able to connect with other members in the workplace. There were times that it was a bit boring, but I was able to complete all of my work in a timely manner and was able to receive helpful feedback.
Geat Place
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoy working at Tri-C. Wonderful colleagues and administration. It's great helping students from the time they walk into the door through graduation.
dispatch
Police Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 24, 2016
The pay is greatI spend most of my day dealing with customer service issues. I also manage assignments for the officer and coordinate emergency's services for them and students.
Great Place to Be
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 20, 2015
I really enjoyed my job there. I get to do a variety of tasks. Good environment. I enjoying working with my coworkers and helping students.
Pros
wellness program, good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cuyahoga Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5