Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews

The workplace at TRI-C
Assoc Editor/Office manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2013
The typical day a CCC was pleasurable however structured by to who much was given much was expected. I learned discipline, responsibilities, to always be mindful of was expected of me, not just from the administrative culture however also to be aware of the picture I painted before the ones that would walk in my path. And whatever job I did was to be my best at it. learning also to manage my time, value, surrounding, and behavioral. My co-workers was always dedicated to doing a job right the first time, finish it on time, looking at how it affected people and situations. They was very easy to get alone with. The hardest part of that job, was leaving. Seeing how the organization embraced other students and student employees like myself and giving us opportunities beyond our expectation, to excel and to be confidence to be go getter really prepared us for the future.
Pros
learning from other, self-confidence, hard worker, love of people. knowing my work affects my reputation and it says alot about me.
Cons
learning disciple, excepting that their are people who, s and are different from what mines are
Great moral; building students and employees for success.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OhioNovember 6, 2014
*Actively engaging in peer-to-peer interactions that help facilitate enrollment processes. This happens through the strategic placement of Student Ambassadors in new student orientation and the enrollment services areas.
*Assisting student retention efforts at the College by providing rich and fulfilling interactions with Student Ambassadors as peer mentors.
*Helping to improve services that may impede student access and success.
*Demonstrate outstanding customer service, reliability, effective leadership skills, and strong communication skills;
*Provide support to students during peak periods;
*Assist students with My Tri-C space;
*Provide campus tours; *Assist with on and off campus events such as Open houses, NSO, college fairs, high school visits;
*Participate in leadership programs and attend student success workshops
*Make appointments for future and current students in counseling office
*co-workers all work well together, collaborating ideas to make a successful experience for students attending Tri-C.
* Helping Students taking steps to achieve their goals.
Pros
coming to work everyday is enjoyable
Cons
no available pay increase or promotion
Events, activities, students,....exciting!
Student Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2015
Ever had a job where you thought "I can't believe they are paying me to do this job"? Well, that was my thought almost everyday. I LOVED working with the college students helping them to bring thoughts and ideas together to create wonderful events for the college body. I can't even say how the day would start normally because everyday was so different. Student meetings, staff meetings, brain storming details regarding everything from talent shows to a wing-eating contest to a staff VS. student basketball game! I learned that when you allow young people to express ideas outside of the box, exciting ideas come to life! My director was often very impressed with the events presented on behalf of the students. The hardest part of my job was making sure some of the students understood the concept of time-management and commitment. The most enjoyable part was when an event/activity was complete and the students realized that their smart work paid off in a major way.
Pros
Students thinking outside the box for ideas
Cons
Keeping some students accountable
Extensive office work, helped student with school & financial needs
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 2, 2012
Opened and closed office, accurately and efficiently conduct financial transactions (e.g. distributing and receiving money, check and credit card transactions & applying payment plans). Input information into the computer systems, faxed, copied, e-mailed, answered phones and questions to help with any problems with the staff and students. I had to empty parking and vending machines,we worked at a very fast pace at times while slow others times. I'm a multi-tasker so I usually got my work done and helped other co-workers to finish there work. I am able to efficiently work with minimum or no supervision. If there was no work to be done I would clean and organize the office.There were no hard parts to the job because I like to learn new things everyday and I enjoy a challenge. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping people (students, staff & co-workers).
Pros
working with students and sovling their problems
Cons
job security
Productive and exciting place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, Ohio 44115October 10, 2012
My experience working at Cuyahoga Community College was rewarding. I start my day with opening the office and setting things in place for students, and staff as well. I learned that college could be difficult if you didnt have someone who understands the process to guide you or offer assistance when needed or asked. I worked with the finest staff, caring, compasionate, helpful and a great attitude about their work. The hardest part of my job was going home when the day was done. I delt with so many students, and other staff, and co-workers, it was like a big family and I felt I was home. I really enjoyed being a big help to students and staff. I enjoyed volunteering for registration recuriting and other special enrollment or career events.
Pros
convienient location, optional places to eat lunch, quiet area to relax when needed.
Cons
full parking lot forced to park farther away on occassion
Empowerment is not enforced
Veteran Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2016
Typically I would address the needs of the veteran student population at the Metropolitan campus. Making certain that all paperwork/ forms were completed to include registering for college classes. I learned to be more patient when dealing with government programs. My executive director was great; yet other entities that handled our grant to support the program that funded us was not the great. Our team was a tight nit; well functioning machine that worked together well. The most difficult part of my job was being unable to assist a veteran because they may not have the necessary requirements to be afforded benefits from the Department of Veteran Affairs. The most enjoyable part was visualizing the many veterans that I assisted succeed.
Pros
Being able to continue taking college classes at a reduced rate
Cons
The budget cut
Challenging the next generation toward a higher education
America Reads- Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioApril 3, 2014
As the clock hits four o' clock, I savor the last few seconds of peace and quite. Suddenly a mob of young students burst through the doors and simultaneously begin announcing their homework assignments.

My responsibility is to help regulate the students by helping them get situated and on track to completing their schoolwork.

Considering that the kids have been in school all day long, most do not want to study. Unfortunately for them, I am hired, not to be their friend, but to help them academically excel.

Although it can be difficult on most days, the most rewarding part of my job is to see kids understand and get excited about learning.
Pros
snack-time
Cons
slim hours
I enjoyed working with all people I encountered at C.C.C. from management to the Senior Citizens that I helped enroll in classes.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2013
A typical work day consisted of; restocking pamphlets and forms, assisting students with registration and applying for Financial Aid and directions to class.
I learned to expect anything when you are dealing with such a variety of people and that you must be able to perform under pressure from irrate customers/students.
Management was great to me and they gave me nothing but good references.
I enjoyed working with my co workers who were, also, all different ages and etnicities.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with irrate customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when people remember you helped them and they request you on their next encounter with enrollment issues.
Lab facilitator, Customer service rep, IT basics
Customer Service Rep, Computer idealist. (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2016
Cuyahoga Community College is an amazing place and all of my supervisors and coworkers are professional and set great examples. A typical day here consists me contacting people for and adult education program that is offered at the college. I'm on the phones almost all day telling people about the program and how to apply if they are interested. I also help people who are already in the program by instructing them of their next steps and troubleshooting problems they may have with their computer or the online program that we use for instruction. My manager is extremely flexible kind and considerate to my individual needs.
Pros
good pay, professional
Cons
Not enough hours
Great learning experience for students studying the sciences
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2013
This job was awesome it was offered to students studying for careers in the sciences and that were looking to go into a 4yr program at a university. I learned how to do scientific research, which came in handy in many classes that required research for papers or in statistics. I learned how to do presentations using power point, how to write CV's, information about how to apply to graduate school and many other things that a college student would need to know. The pay was good, especially for a college student and the hours were flexible. There were opportunities to travel to conferences that the college paid for and opportunities to present your work to different academic audiences.
Pros
opportunity to travel, decent pay
Cons
no healthcare, temporary work, only open to certain students
Working for a community College and helping others is pleasureful in itself. I learned that the computer systems are easy too learn.
Peer Financial Aid coach (Current Employee) –  Cleve, OhioSeptember 23, 2015
The Financial Aid Department is where I've gained my most experience from going into different systems that have allowed me to learn Excel and Microsoft Word and I've been experienced with Macintosh also. I've helped so many people get benefits that were due to them, and that was a rewarding part of the job. The Company was always professional and wanted me to succeed. The most difficult part of the job was maintaining your composure, when a client was extremely rude and uncontrollable.
good job
Functional Supervisor/ Assessment Technician (Former Employee) –  ohioJuly 8, 2015
I Worked as Supervisor of the Metro assessment center, responsible for testing students for the admission into college. Administered tests upon completion of assessment test student were sent to the department or section of the college that could provide the level of service that the student needed. As an Assessment Technician, you had to direct the student to the correct testing facility. As supervisor I was responsible for the daily operation of the center, I was responsible for four other technicians and had three student assistants. I administered English as a second language test. Worked as Developmental Specialist to ensure students received proper placements. I ensured daily input of approx. 500 students’ records. Other duties were the installation of computers and software required for students with learning disabilities.
Very good place to work. The management is strong, yet caring to the staff and students.
Administrative Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 26, 2013
My job with Dr. Thomson was outstanding. I loved going into work every day. A typical day was being the master handler for all of Dr. Thomson's schedule while coordinating with other staff to ensure all tasks were completed. I was blessed with exceptionally good co-workers and we really worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was trying to schedule Dr. Thomson is 3-4 places at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was Dr. Thomson and my co-workers. Very professional upstanding group of people.
Pros
very upscale nice working environment.
Cons
only worked part-time.
Supportive and Understanding Environment
Administrative Program Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioSeptember 19, 2014
A typical day at work is never the same. Working with students there is something new that always comes up. One minute you are on the phone, next you are responding to an e-mail, and third you are offering a listening ear to a student that needs to vent about something. The beauty of it all is that you get to touch someone’s life each and every single day you come to work. You start remembering each face and each story that touches you and everyone grows together. It is a truly remarkable phenomena and it brings so much joy.
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 11, 2014
My bos is awsome to work for. She is patient and thorough. I love working for an employer who is a positive hard worker. I arive at 10 a.m. and work till 3 p.m.. I deliver mail around the college. This is great exercise and I meet many people. There is nothing hard about my job. This is because I love people and being busy. It is a great assit to be able to work on college homework inbetween runs. My coworkers are enjoyable we all love this college and the awsome enviorment. I also go t6o classes before and after work right on sight.
Pros
can work on college home work when not busy.
Fast-paced marketing department
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work is reviewing design projects schedule and each project's specs. Design wide variety of types of media from concept to finish on all jobs. Every day is a busy day, but the work remains new and different.

Management takes an active role in the caring of the staff and their lives. They also participate in day to day work load of the department. Actively participate in collaborative projects, and trust the designers to get things done without micromanaging the staff.
Pros
creatively challenging
Cons
every project has a short-turnaround time, sometimes lack of communication
My experiene at TriC was awesome!
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2014
My experience at Cuyahoga Community College was educational as well as fun. I learned various skills that I can use in the work force also in daily living. My co workers were always open to suggestions and willing to help problem solve. The hardest part of the job was having time for lunch and breaks. The overall experience was great and I will continue to use and add to the skills and education I received while studying and working at TriC.
Pros
being a student ambassador opens doors
Cons
no time for breaks and lunch position very demanding
my outlook
Teacher/ Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2014
my time at Tri-c as a teacher assistant was a great time. i took this roll on for a couple reasons one to learn more on computer and to to help out other students. this ended up to be a great thing the students at first was not sure of me but after they saw that i was trying to help them learn they started to call on me for everything. that was a great felling in side of me. i was make someone life a better place. one day i may go into teaching
Pros
help people learn
Cons
there wasn't any
A Great Place to work
Assessment Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2013
I work in the assessment center. My job is to proctor testing for all areas of education as needed by instructors. My schedule is very flexible, the atmosphere is laid back and casual, almost family oriented. I love helping a student begin the steps to success just by giving tips I have learned through experience in being a student as well as working within the school system.
Pros
helping people gain an education, flexibility, friendly and helpful atmospshere
Cons
disgruntled students
intersting to work a college that I attended
Tool Room Attendant and Chassis Dyno Operator (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHFebruary 22, 2013
perform basic daily duties maintaning shop order and cleaness. provide tools to students and made sure they return tools with sign out sheets. Also prefrom small maintience task and check lists. Had opportunity to learn how to operate and run Chasis Dyno, Lots of Fun
Pros
retirment plan, enjoyed helping students find the tool they needed for the job
Cons
not full time

4.6