Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Empowerment is not enforced
Veteran Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2016
Typically I would address the needs of the veteran student population at the Metropolitan campus. Making certain that all paperwork/ forms were completed to include registering for college classes. I learned to be more patient when dealing with government programs. My executive director was great; yet other entities that handled our grant to support the program that funded us was not the great. Our team was a tight nit; well functioning machine that worked together well. The most difficult part of my job was being unable to assist a veteran because they may not have the necessary requirements to be afforded benefits from the Department of Veteran Affairs. The most enjoyable part was visualizing the many veterans that I assisted succeed.
Pros
Being able to continue taking college classes at a reduced rate
Cons
The budget cut
Working for a community College and helping others is pleasureful in itself. I learned that the computer systems are easy too learn.
Peer Financial Aid coach (Current Employee) –  Cleve, OhioSeptember 23, 2015
The Financial Aid Department is where I've gained my most experience from going into different systems that have allowed me to learn Excel and Microsoft Word and I've been experienced with Macintosh also. I've helped so many people get benefits that were due to them, and that was a rewarding part of the job. The Company was always professional and wanted me to succeed. The most difficult part of the job was maintaining your composure, when a client was extremely rude and uncontrollable.
Great Place to Be
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 20, 2015
I really enjoyed my job there. I get to do a variety of tasks. Good environment. I enjoying working with my coworkers and helping students.
Pros
wellness program, good benefits
I enjoy being associated with and working for Cuyahoga Community College.
Adjunct faculty om music and in Education. (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJune 29, 2016
I take pleasure in teaching students at Cuyahoga Community College. The majority of my classes are taught at the Western Campus. I hope that eventually the enrollment would increase to the extent that I would b assigned more classes to teach during the year although there have been years that I have been able to teach the maximum amount of classes allowed. I am very pleased to teach for Cuyahoga Community College.The administration has made great strides of late in developing high learning and teaching standards for their students and faculty and I feel a sense of pride to consider myself associated with this institution.
Pros
The Administration is friendly and easy to work with.
Cons
Would like to teach more classes in any given Semester.
A warm and welcoming place to have worked.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2016
My typical day at work was to help students with the enrolling process. I learned that everyone needs help at some point in their lives and I was more than happy to usher them into a new challenge in their lives. The management at Cuyahoga Community College were supportive to their student ambassadors. It was a wonderful place to have worked. As myself, my co-workers were students as well and working with them was a pleasant experience. The hardest part of being a student ambassador was the language barrier, some students did not speak English. I loved being a student ambassador, helping others to improve their lives was the best feeling.
Pros
Doing what I love, helping others to improve their lives.
Cons
That it was a short lived career opprotunity.
For Adjunct Instructors, Reasonable Pay But Uncertain Employment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2016
Tri-C is a fine facility to work at, but presents the usual challenges for adjunct instructors; for this reason, one never knows what classes will be assigned (if any) for any given term. The pay is reasonable compared to the compensation of adjuncts at similar institutions but, of course, no benefits are offered.
Pros
Strong permanent and support staff, and quality facilities
Cons
Uncertainty of employment, and little opportunity for advancement
a good place to start your career
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2016
Planning student events and posting flyers and teach kids the basics of education take them on field trips i learned that i can be a leader in my own right management was cool, some co-workers was good they were nice and some were mean. the hardest part of the job was staying focussed as always and the most enjoyable part of the job was making people smile.
Pros
being a leader and learning all kinds of new things
Cons
not able to do what you need to do for family
a great learning experiance
Art therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland,OhioApril 30, 2015
Greeting students and determining what they need to produce projects efficiently, gathering all supplies and working hands on with students to achieve their personal goals.
Purchasing and gathering supplies for classroom and workshop use.
Setting up and running fundraisers for workshops and programs.
Gathering and updates to class personal file.
Pros
Schedule was designed around my class times. Close interaction with a certified art therapist.
Cons
Hours are kept to a 20 hr max.
Very rewarding position
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job was watching peoples lives change from one decision to futher their education. My manager was the first manager that cared about me having a heathy work and life balance. She valued her employees.
Pros
My manager cared about my work life balance
Cons
Public speaking still makes me nervous
Lab facilitator, Customer service rep, IT basics
Customer Service Rep, Computer idealist. (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2016
Cuyahoga Community College is an amazing place and all of my supervisors and coworkers are professional and set great examples. A typical day here consists me contacting people for and adult education program that is offered at the college. I'm on the phones almost all day telling people about the program and how to apply if they are interested. I also help people who are already in the program by instructing them of their next steps and troubleshooting problems they may have with their computer or the online program that we use for instruction. My manager is extremely flexible kind and considerate to my individual needs.
Pros
good pay, professional
Cons
Not enough hours
very fun place
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 4, 2016
learned while working in a very diverse college interacting with college students on a day to day basis.Helping them with enrollment, career goals resume will also assisting with administration with answering the the phone, setting appointments, and providing secretarial help when needed on a day to day basis with minimum supervision.
A great job to build customer service skills.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2016
Being a Student Ambassador has helped me become more apt to problem solve as well as hone my skills as a peer mentor and leader.
Pros
Opportunities to meet the board of Trustees and help staff things at that level
Cons
No health care coverage, subject to many changes, had to sign a waver
Adjunct Professor
English Instructor/ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2016
I truly loved teaching at Cuyahoga Community College. The students with whom I worked were incredibly dedicated and hardworking and my colleagues were inspirational.
Pros
My students and colleagues, opportunity to share my love for my content
Nice place to work
Summer Intern - Instructional Design (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 16, 2016
Good work/life balance, flexible work hours, very nice facilities and co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the very work environment.
Pros
Good benefits, excellent facilities, nice co-workers.
Cons
Days during the summer tend to be slow.
Great location & staff
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 14, 2016
Wonderful place to work part-time to get your foot in the door. The work-life balance is great if you have a family. The staff is always prepared with any situation because of through training.
Pros
work culture scheduling work environment
Cons
moving up from part-time to full-time
Non-profit where employment is based on funding and job availability
Educational Opportunity Center, Director (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 26, 2016
I am part of the grant funded programs. Advancement is based on experience and need. The college promotes diversity and inclusion and student success.
Great co-worker always willing to help out
Recepetionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 7, 2016
Answering the telephone, greeting students face-to-face registering GED classes. Input data into computer to assign orientation classes.
Something new everyday!
Student Ambassador & Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJune 25, 2016
Working as a student ambassador was an amazing experience. Day to day was always different but never anything less that rewarding!
Career Office
Career Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed helping the students seek gainful employment.
I welcomed every opportunity to work with employers to find a match for their open positions.
irregular schedule
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2016
worked as adjunct professor; pay not steady but good for extra money hard to know schedule as it varied each semester. no work in summer

4.5