Cuyahoga Community College

Cuyahoga Community College Employer Reviews

Proctor
Paramedic Skills Exam Proctor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2013
Proctoring Skills test for the community college, its a PRN Position, it Keeps me up on my paramedic skills.
Where futures begin....
North Coast Tech Prep Program Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 5, 2013
Working for Cuyahoga Community College has been a great experience thus far. I have met great people, work in a great environment and learned a great deal. The College's motto is: "Where futures begin" and it truly lives up to that mantra.
literacy lesson plans
Freedom Schools Serving Leader Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2013
Pros: build rapport with kids
Cons: fickle payment arrangements
-Meet with scholars (students) for morning activity of singing motivation song, cheers, and chants

-Break into groups to complete required reading

-Meet as large group to discuss/analyze reading
I had hoped that the program would have continued, because it helped a lot a students re-enter the public school system .
Director of Instruction/ (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2013
Pros: new experience and interaction with students and staff everyday.
Cons: program closed because of federal funds
My experience working with the at-risk youth was very rewarding while working at Cuyahoga Community College.
Productive and enjoyable day
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2013
Pros: everything
A typical day at work consists of filing papers. The management was wonderful. Everyone was nice and very helpful. My coworkers were even better. They made the day go smoothly.
Summary
Computer Lab Tech/ Student Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2013
Working at Cuyahoga Community College enabled me to gain my firsthand experience working in a computer laboratory amongst my peers while still acquiring my education. I found it very rewarded to be able to lend a hand to users in need of assistance and to be able to gain a full understanding of the processes that were done in the computer lab.
Work and school in the same building.
Receptionist/Office Lead (Former Employee), Highland Hills, OHJune 26, 2013
My supervisors were great at allowing me to learn new techniques to enhance my knowledge of the job. The job was easy going steady and the phones rang moderately and I enjoyed assisting people with enrolling.
Great learning experience for students studying the sciences
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2013
Pros: opportunity to travel, decent pay
Cons: no healthcare, temporary work, only open to certain students
This job was awesome it was offered to students studying for careers in the sciences and that were looking to go into a 4yr program at a university. I learned how to do scientific research, which came in handy in many classes that required research for papers or in statistics. I learned how to do presentations using power point, how to write CV's, information – more... about how to apply to graduate school and many other things that a college student would need to know. The pay was good, especially for a college student and the hours were flexible. There were opportunities to travel to conferences that the college paid for and opportunities to present your work to different academic audiences. – less
Comfortable enviroment with friendly co-workers
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2013
Pros: pretty laid back enviroment
A typical day was be greeted by every in the office and to return the greeting. Work with walk-ins and direct them to someone that can answer their questions. Accept phone calls and transfer them as nesscary. As well as carry out and requests made by my supervisior for that particular day.
student ambassator
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), westlake ohioJune 12, 2013
work closely with students helped the with all there daily need excluding the mentally disables
robots
Field Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2013
Pros: i build robots
Cons: moving from differnt locations
I help high schools students build robots. I enjoy teaching them and it puts a smile on my face every time they build it right.
Supportive and great place to work!
Healthcare Career Initiative Academy Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2013
Great coworkers and administration. Easy application and acceptance.
Work study
Mail Clerk/Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 4, 2013
typical day included but not limited to mail delivery, shipping and receiving
management was a great group of people
co-workers are great people whom i still am friends with to this day
Very Professional
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee), OhioMay 31, 2013
In my opinion this is the best job! I Loved helping out students, staff, and visitors!
A Great Place to work
Assessment Technician (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2013
Pros: helping people gain an education, flexibility, friendly and helpful atmospshere
Cons: disgruntled students
I work in the assessment center. My job is to proctor testing for all areas of education as needed by instructors. My schedule is very flexible, the atmosphere is laid back and casual, almost family oriented. I love helping a student begin the steps to success just by giving tips I have learned through experience in being a student as well as working – more... within the school system. – less
It was a terrific opportunity to work in an academic environment to learn about computers and how to use various software applications
Supervisor, Campus Services /Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Parma, OHMarch 25, 2013
My work at Tri-C was my first experience with microcomputers and software applications and during the years I ran the Academic Computer Labs, I learned so much each day about computers and how to manage 15-25 people. In addition, I taught part-time classes in English Composition, Business Language Skills & Communications, and Introduction to Computers.
Tri-C is tops!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Parma, OHMarch 24, 2013
Pros: friendly, professional, somewhat laid-back
Cons: not full-time
Great place to work. There is a very professional staff that will do anything to assist you. I have taught a remedial English class as well as the first composition course. It has been a good experience.
I enjoyed working with all people I encountered at C.C.C. from management to the Senior Citizens that I helped enroll in classes.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2013
A typical work day consisted of; restocking pamphlets and forms, assisting students with registration and applying for Financial Aid and directions to class.
I learned to expect anything when you are dealing with such a variety of people and that you must be able to perform under pressure from irrate customers/students.
Management was great to me and – more... they gave me nothing but good references.
I enjoyed working with my co workers who were, also, all different ages and etnicities.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with irrate customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when people remember you helped them and they request you on their next encounter with enrollment issues. – less
Teaching Nursing Assistants
Registered Nurse-Nursing Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2013
Instructor to various size classess of Nursing assisitants, with lab and clinical intruction.
intersting to work a college that I attended
Tool Room Attendant and Chassis Dyno Operator (Former Employee), Parma, OHFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: retirment plan, enjoyed helping students find the tool they needed for the job
Cons: not full time
perform basic daily duties maintaning shop order and cleaness. provide tools to students and made sure they return tools with sign out sheets. Also prefrom small maintience task and check lists. Had opportunity to learn how to operate and run Chasis Dyno, Lots of Fun