Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews

Very good learning and working environment
American Reads Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2017
A typical work day as an American Reads Tutor was to help the adults access their GED classes online and help school age children with homework. I also participated in the after school lunch program.
enjoyable
NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2017
Working as a nursing clinical instructor was enjoyable. Potential to make a difference in the next generation of nurses. Get out what you put into the job.
Nice peacful atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Highland Hts, OHJune 21, 2017
Called customers that were due for refinancing on their homes and offered them lower rates and locked them in at fixed rates until the home was paid for.
class room
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 17, 2017
class room had some very good students students got invold in all kinds of areas of the kitchen ,I feel that some chef should not be there to teach the students at all
Pros
chefs nasty
Cons
the chef I worked with was very nice
Learning
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJune 16, 2017
It was a great learning experience working for TRI-C, I enjoyed working with he disabled students. It actually taught me a lot since I was proctoring them for their tests.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Temp job
Great benefits, no advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2017
Tri-C is a great place to work but advancement is limited. Plan on getting your PhD to advance. Great for those just starting out in their careers. In the past, they never promoted from within, but now they are starting to look inside first.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
Good Atmosphere, Working with students is Rewarding, Benefits and Pay need Sorted
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2017
Cuyahoga Community College, part-time work only, relaxed atmosphere, working with students is reward within itself but also at times can be challenging, only benefit is STRS. Many hours of grading and work related off campus and classroom throughout semesters are not compensated for. Adjunct Faculty at community colleges are relied heavily per semester. They need to be appreciated more by the administration.
Able to advocate Student Success,
Program Manager Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2017
A typical work consisted of a great deal of student interaction, budgeting, class scheduling of instructors, classes, quality assurance via survey monkey, statistics, system analysis related to management changes, Program Administrator and main contact, student data management for the Ohio Deparment of Health and D&S vendors. Managed class set up and scheduling via 3 major data bases, certificate development and distrbution. I was taught how to use the various software to run my department. Hardest part of the job was working under a director who was in a position that needed to be done by a nurse and the director was not a nurse made it difficult to communicate strategies for the department. Most enjoyable seeing students succeed and get jobs in spite of their doubts. Made wonderful relationships with many co-workers. Team effort could use more development. Security not very visible during evening hours. Stand risk of strangers entering the building. Screening process should be standard for all employees. Some nurses required certain requirements where others did not. Again a qualified nurse needs to run the healthcare department not someone who is not a professional nurse. Makes it very difficult as it relates to healthcare classes and needs for the students. The building is being remodeled which will assist the students and instructors. This promotes a better working environment. Parking is free for everyone which is a plus. There is plenty of parking space as well.
Pros
Cons
short staffed
A great work experience for anyone looking to gain entry level skills in customer service and management.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 1, 2017
A typical day at this job involves helping students apply for financial aid, I was trained with my coworkers, but you really learn a lot and gain a new perspective from the people that work there, and a new perspective from the students at the school.In August and January things can get very busy and it can feel overwhelming at times, but the supervisors are great and they will help you aid a student if you are overwhelmed.
Pros
work while attending school
Cons
Some days can be slow and feel unproductive
great place to work
Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 25, 2017
I had the opportunity to work on and off campus. to find resources to help students complete college successfully it was great. i was also afforded the opportunity to help elementary school children
Pros
in between class
Cons
ended when i graduated
Its a amazing place to work at i love it
Advanced Technology Academy Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2017
I would recommend it to every one between ages 17 -24. i really enjoyed the bond i made with my coworkers. A typical day isn't a typical day its always something to do no matter the mood.
Bridges Student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 18, 2017
I learned so much as a Bridges to Success in the Sciences student. We took trips to conferences, made presentations, I learned that research is different in every field and that research is done in every field. the Mentoring experience was invaluable!
Fast paced but very doable workplace with great management team.
Internship Experience (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2017
I really liked working here for my summer 2013 employment. The team leaders and managers for the program I worked for were very kind, understanding, and flexible to my needs and respected my wishes and opinions. The pay was satisfactory and the hours that I worked every day weren't bad at all.
Great company
Radiology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 10, 2017
Great company to work for. A lot of support and recognition. It is hard to find full time here though as most people do not want to retire! I would recommend this school to others
Cuyahoga Community College was a great place at which to work.
Math Tenure Track Faculty (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2017
Cuyahoga Community College was a great place at which to work. People are helpful. Management is inclusive. The culture promotes equity. Hardest part of the job is telling a student that he/she cannot take my class because it is full.
The most enjoyable part is receiving a thank you note from a student.
The administration members and the colleagues were great people to work with. There were many meetings to keep all employees up to date and involved in the daily activities although many important decisions were coming from the top down.
Good organization
Executive Director of Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 4, 2017
Cuyahoga Community College is the largest community college in Ohio, and serves nearly thirty thousand students each semester. They have programs for workforce development that can greatly help those who are looking job retraining or new organizational skills.
Pros
Nice work
2 year ollege
Administrative Assistant I Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2017
I attended tri-c in the early eighties. I did obtain an associates of arts degree and one day in the near future i may decide to go back to scholl to get my bachelors degree.
Adjunct Facility
Great Training
Professional Development
Opportunities for growth
Good learning experience
Adjunct Faculty, Nursing-RN/LPN Program (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44115March 30, 2017
I enjoyed working with the students and I learned as much from them as they from me. It is very refreshing to teach new up and coming nurses with a passion for pt care
Pros
Refreshing feeling
Academic Program Coordinator - Grant funded
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 20, 2017
As the program coordinator, I constantly searched for ways to promote the academic program. From job fairs and college open houses, recruiting employers and students was the best part of the job. Next to that, I enjoyed planning networking events for promoting cooperative education with students and employers. I created marketing materials, managed and reported on the grant, evaluated curriculum design and alignment with industry standards, organized meeting for two advisory boards, provided student academic support and facilitated career services workshops.
The only thing that was hard about this job was having to leave it.
My manager had high standards and monitored deadlines, but we worked well together and were able to accomplish all the goals set forth for the program.
Pros
Always on the go, never boring, exciting
Cons
Grant funded and not permanent