Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Student Trainer
Student Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2016
This training position was a student trainer position for the Sports and Exercise Studies program Cuyahoga Community College.
nice work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga community collegeMay 5, 2016
Answer phones help clients with in take questions setting apt. as well as had access to student files make sure office was maintained
a great learning experiance
Art therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland,OhioApril 30, 2015
Greeting students and determining what they need to produce projects efficiently, gathering all supplies and working hands on with students to achieve their personal goals.
Purchasing and gathering supplies for classroom and workshop use.
Setting up and running fundraisers for workshops and programs.
Gathering and updates to class personal file.
Pros
Schedule was designed around my class times. Close interaction with a certified art therapist.
Cons
Hours are kept to a 20 hr max.
I enjoyed working there with the nurse on duty.
Senior Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Perform answering telephone calls, customer service duties, made clients feel as comfortable as possible when they'd come to see the nurse for whatever reason, computer input of medical records of students/staff and others. It was enjoyable.
Events, activities, students,....exciting!
Student Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2015
Ever had a job where you thought "I can't believe they are paying me to do this job"? Well, that was my thought almost everyday. I LOVED working with the college students helping them to bring thoughts and ideas together to create wonderful events for the college body. I can't even say how the day would start normally because everyday was so different. Student meetings, staff meetings, brain storming details regarding everything from talent shows to a wing-eating contest to a staff VS. student basketball game! I learned that when you allow young people to express ideas outside of the box, exciting ideas come to life! My director was often very impressed with the events presented on behalf of the students. The hardest part of my job was making sure some of the students understood the concept of time-management and commitment. The most enjoyable part was when an event/activity was complete and the students realized that their smart work paid off in a major way.
Pros
Students thinking outside the box for ideas
Cons
Keeping some students accountable
Excellent work environment.
Project Assistant/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 12, 2016
Wonderful work place with lovely coworkers. Good place to learn and grow as an employee. Location is excellent, also. Staff and faculty are well educated.
Pros
Exercise room.
Good work conditions conducive to good learning environment.
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 23, 2015
A typical day of work is from 9a.m to 12noon teaching two different groups. Excellent work conditions and receptive students make my job very easy. The hardest part of my job is to end the class! I really enjoy teaching.
Pros
Fun in the classroom plus lots of learning.
Cons
too cold in the winter
Fantastic work/school experience
Student Ambassador and Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 12, 2015
I loved working for Tri-C as a student. I gained invaluable work experience and networking opportunities. It was also a lesson in adaptability as processes changed to meet the ever changing funding requirements. All-in-all a wonderful experience.
Growth needed
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OJAugust 28, 2015
Student positions did not allow for homework or study time. Management was fair, yet there were some that tried to use you for their personal work.
Stac
Helper (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHNovember 19, 2015
Mentally handicapped children trying to learn every day routines. Learning how to do jobs or things around the house by themselves. Family and friends around. Always helpful, caring, loving environment.
good job
Functional Supervisor/ Assessment Technician (Former Employee) –  ohioJuly 8, 2015
I Worked as Supervisor of the Metro assessment center, responsible for testing students for the admission into college. Administered tests upon completion of assessment test student were sent to the department or section of the college that could provide the level of service that the student needed. As an Assessment Technician, you had to direct the student to the correct testing facility. As supervisor I was responsible for the daily operation of the center, I was responsible for four other technicians and had three student assistants. I administered English as a second language test. Worked as Developmental Specialist to ensure students received proper placements. I ensured daily input of approx. 500 students’ records. Other duties were the installation of computers and software required for students with learning disabilities.
professionally run, mission driven
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Community CollegeJuly 27, 2015
always supported by management
clearly defined expectations
given necessary materials to do the job
easy to find answers to questions
Pros
great part-time position
Co-Workers
America Reads Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2015
All of my co-workers were students and it is a really fun experience for those entering in the field of education. I really enjoyed working with them and inspiring children to increase their reading skills.
Great working environment
Assessment Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 7, 2014
If you love to see people succeed and maximize their potential, then this job is for you. Working with students is a joy, I love to encourage and support their decisions for their future. This job provides flexibility, vacation pay, annual raises, and great benefits. The campus faculty and staff give off a more familial structure than a working environment.
Pros
flexibility, great benefits, great pay
Cons
getting a full time position
Learned about computer
Tili­Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2015
This job gave me the opportunity to learn more about computers. The only part that was the hardest was when I first started but as time went on I learned everything about computer technology.
A typical day
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHOctober 21, 2015
Fun place to work, fast paced and enjoyable students. Supervisory staff was a micro manager however, the task was enjoyable.
Pros
Interacting with the students
Cons
The Director was a micromanager and easily irritated.
Cuyahoga Community College is a great place to work.
Director Budget and Management Support (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2012
I was fortunate enough to work for the finest community college in the state of Ohio. I worked with very talented and creative financial professionals in the accounting profession. My career was very rewarding. Each day contained new challenges that were handled through collaberation and brainstorming. Problems were solved and issues were resolved through creativity and teamwork.
Pros
great personnel and benefits.
Cons
there are no signficant cons.
Quiet and simple place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Working here was very simple and easy. The coworkers were all ways friendly and willing to help you. I learned how to navigate Excel and Microsoft word. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers.
Pros
Enjoyable and Quiet place to work
Great!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 8, 2015
Very fast paced and relax environment. Not too stressful but demanding in self sufficiency. A great learning experience.
Fast-paced marketing department
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work is reviewing design projects schedule and each project's specs. Design wide variety of types of media from concept to finish on all jobs. Every day is a busy day, but the work remains new and different.

Management takes an active role in the caring of the staff and their lives. They also participate in day to day work load of the department. Actively participate in collaborative projects, and trust the designers to get things done without micromanaging the staff.
Pros
creatively challenging
Cons
every project has a short-turnaround time, sometimes lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cuyahoga Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5