Cuyahoga Community College

Cuyahoga Community College Employer Reviews

Working as an adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Parma, OHSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: variety of classes to teach, nice staff
Cons: very little choice of classes to teach or times, only got what was remaining from full-timers
I absolutely enjoyed working at Tri-C. I looked forward to new opportunities as well as new classes to teach. I wish that adjuncts had more of a say as to what types of classes that they would teach as well as times to teach. Tri-C relies heavily on adjuncts and it would be nice for our skills and services to be more appreciated.
Good
Information Technology Instructor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2012
This is a good place to work. The staff communicates to employees and keeps us all up to date on anything related to college business
exciting job while i was in school
mailroom clerk (Former Employee), Cleveland ohioJuly 3, 2012
Pros: allowed me to make money while in choool
Cons: it ended to soon
When i worked there i was a student and i enjoyed the fact that i didnt have to leave the building and just went to work. and i knew everyone due to i went to school and worked there.
(Cleveland Clinic), Professor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioMay 9, 2012
hardwork, yet organized and rewarding
must be organized and ready to work
must be patient and able to deal with students
Great place to work and go to school
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2012
Pros: networking opportunities
Cons: short relationships due to transitioning
I enjoy the job because it is very rewarding to be able to help people. On a daily basis, I assist staff with directing students in enrollment and class scheduling. I , also, help conduct NSO (New Student Orientation). During NSO's we share our experiencing and instruct new students in college life.
Extensive office work, helped student with school & financial needs
Business Office Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 2, 2012
Pros: working with students and sovling their problems
Cons: job security
Opened and closed office, accurately and efficiently conduct financial transactions (e.g. distributing and receiving money, check and credit card transactions & applying payment plans). Input information into the computer systems, faxed, copied, e-mailed, answered phones and questions to help with any problems with the staff and students. I had to empty – more... parking and vending machines,we worked at a very fast pace at times while slow others times. I'm a multi-tasker so I usually got my work done and helped other co-workers to finish there work. I am able to efficiently work with minimum or no supervision. If there was no work to be done I would clean and organize the office.There were no hard parts to the job because I like to learn new things everyday and I enjoy a challenge. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping people (students, staff & co-workers). – less
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2012
Pros:
Culture and values

Cons:
Job Security and Management
professor/tutor
professor (Former Employee), cleveland ,ohioNovember 29, 2011
Pros: good hours, free lunches
Cons: budget cut backs in hours and staff
enjoy teaching the science to students who are motivated to learn