Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews

Quiet and simple place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Working here was very simple and easy. The coworkers were all ways friendly and willing to help you. I learned how to navigate Excel and Microsoft word. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers.
Pros
Enjoyable and Quiet place to work
Good
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 2, 2015
This was a good place to work and I left for an advancement opportunity. Had I not been solicited with the opportunity, I would have remained at CEOGC.
Pros
Flexibility, location, co-workers
good job
Functional Supervisor/ Assessment Technician (Former Employee) –  ohioJuly 8, 2015
I Worked as Supervisor of the Metro assessment center, responsible for testing students for the admission into college. Administered tests upon completion of assessment test student were sent to the department or section of the college that could provide the level of service that the student needed. As an Assessment Technician, you had to direct the student to the correct testing facility. As supervisor I was responsible for the daily operation of the center, I was responsible for four other technicians and had three student assistants. I administered English as a second language test. Worked as Developmental Specialist to ensure students received proper placements. I ensured daily input of approx. 500 students’ records. Other duties were the installation of computers and software required for students with learning disabilities.
A typical day
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHOctober 21, 2015
Fun place to work, fast paced and enjoyable students. Supervisory staff was a micro manager however, the task was enjoyable.
Pros
Interacting with the students
Cons
The Director was a micromanager and easily irritated.
Very Productive and fun
Administrative Secretary/Plant Operations (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2015
I absolutely loved working at Cuyahoga Community College. I
helped all kinds of people with registered /enrolled for classes, helped with FAFSA applications etc. I worked with some of the best and friendly people. Co-workers are awesome. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I was helping people reach there personal goals by getting them started and enrolling them in classes.
Stac
Helper (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHNovember 19, 2015
Mentally handicapped children trying to learn every day routines. Learning how to do jobs or things around the house by themselves. Family and friends around. Always helpful, caring, loving environment.
Fast-paced marketing department
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work is reviewing design projects schedule and each project's specs. Design wide variety of types of media from concept to finish on all jobs. Every day is a busy day, but the work remains new and different.

Management takes an active role in the caring of the staff and their lives. They also participate in day to day work load of the department. Actively participate in collaborative projects, and trust the designers to get things done without micromanaging the staff.
Pros
Creatively challenging
Cons
Every project has a short-turnaround time, sometimes lack of communication
Learned about computer
Tili­Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2015
This job gave me the opportunity to learn more about computers. The only part that was the hardest was when I first started but as time went on I learned everything about computer technology.
Great working environment
Assessment Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 7, 2014
If you love to see people succeed and maximize their potential, then this job is for you. Working with students is a joy, I love to encourage and support their decisions for their future. This job provides flexibility, vacation pay, annual raises, and great benefits. The campus faculty and staff give off a more familial structure than a working environment.
Pros
Flexibility, Great Benefits, Great pay
Cons
Getting a full time position
Supportive and Understanding Environment
Administrative Program Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioSeptember 19, 2014
A typical day at work is never the same. Working with students there is something new that always comes up. One minute you are on the phone, next you are responding to an e-mail, and third you are offering a listening ear to a student that needs to vent about something. The beauty of it all is that you get to touch someone’s life each and every single day you come to work. You start remembering each face and each story that touches you and everyone grows together. It is a truly remarkable phenomena and it brings so much joy.

Want to know more about Cuyahoga Community College?

Ask a question
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 11, 2014
My bos is awsome to work for. She is patient and thorough. I love working for an employer who is a positive hard worker. I arive at 10 a.m. and work till 3 p.m.. I deliver mail around the college. This is great exercise and I meet many people. There is nothing hard about my job. This is because I love people and being busy. It is a great assit to be able to work on college homework inbetween runs. My coworkers are enjoyable we all love this college and the awsome enviorment. I also go t6o classes before and after work right on sight.
Pros
Can work on college home work when not busy.
my outlook
Teacher/ Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2014
my time at Tri-c as a teacher assistant was a great time. i took this roll on for a couple reasons one to learn more on computer and to to help out other students. this ended up to be a great thing the students at first was not sure of me but after they saw that i was trying to help them learn they started to call on me for everything. that was a great felling in side of me. i was make someone life a better place. one day i may go into teaching
Pros
help people learn
Cons
there wasn't any
Challenging the next generation toward a higher education
America Reads- Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioApril 3, 2014
As the clock hits four o' clock, I savor the last few seconds of peace and quite. Suddenly a mob of young students burst through the doors and simultaneously begin announcing their homework assignments.

My responsibility is to help regulate the students by helping them get situated and on track to completing their schoolwork.

Considering that the kids have been in school all day long, most do not want to study. Unfortunately for them, I am hired, not to be their friend, but to help them academically excel.

Although it can be difficult on most days, the most rewarding part of my job is to see kids understand and get excited about learning.
Pros
snack-time
Cons
slim hours
My experiene at TriC was awesome!
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2014
My experience at Cuyahoga Community College was educational as well as fun. I learned various skills that I can use in the work force also in daily living. My co workers were always open to suggestions and willing to help problem solve. The hardest part of the job was having time for lunch and breaks. The overall experience was great and I will continue to use and add to the skills and education I received while studying and working at TriC.
Pros
Being A Student Ambassador opens doors
Cons
No time for breaks and lunch position very demanding
Cuyahoga Community College is a great place to work.
Director Budget and Management Support (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2012
I was fortunate enough to work for the finest community college in the state of Ohio. I worked with very talented and creative financial professionals in the accounting profession. My career was very rewarding. Each day contained new challenges that were handled through collaberation and brainstorming. Problems were solved and issues were resolved through creativity and teamwork.
Pros
great personnel and benefits.
Cons
there are no signficant cons.
Working as an adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 4, 2012
I absolutely enjoyed working at Tri-C. I looked forward to new opportunities as well as new classes to teach. I wish that adjuncts had more of a say as to what types of classes that they would teach as well as times to teach. Tri-C relies heavily on adjuncts and it would be nice for our skills and services to be more appreciated.
Pros
variety of classes to teach, nice staff
Cons
very little choice of classes to teach or times, only got what was remaining from full-timers
Public Saftey was priortiy to protect students, faculty and staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 3, 2013
Personal assistant to the Police Sergeant of Western Campus Police Department.
Compiled statistics required by federal mandate for the annual Federal Bureau of Investigations National Crime Report and the Student Right to Know Act.
Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, analyzed data to create spread sheets, graphs, reports and PPT presentations for the Sergeant.
Assisted students, faculty and staff with exceptional customer service on and off campus.
A Great Place to work
Assessment Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2013
I work in the assessment center. My job is to proctor testing for all areas of education as needed by instructors. My schedule is very flexible, the atmosphere is laid back and casual, almost family oriented. I love helping a student begin the steps to success just by giving tips I have learned through experience in being a student as well as working within the school system.
Pros
helping people gain an education, flexibility, friendly and helpful atmospshere
Cons
disgruntled students
It was a terrific opportunity to work in an academic environment to learn about computers and how to use various software applications
Supervisor, Campus Services /Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 25, 2013
My work at Tri-C was my first experience with microcomputers and software applications and during the years I ran the Academic Computer Labs, I learned so much each day about computers and how to manage 15-25 people. In addition, I taught part-time classes in English Composition, Business Language Skills & Communications, and Introduction to Computers.
Very good place to work. The management is strong, yet caring to the staff and students.
Administrative Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 26, 2013
My job with Dr. Thomson was outstanding. I loved going into work every day. A typical day was being the master handler for all of Dr. Thomson's schedule while coordinating with other staff to ensure all tasks were completed. I was blessed with exceptionally good co-workers and we really worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was trying to schedule Dr. Thomson is 3-4 places at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was Dr. Thomson and my co-workers. Very professional upstanding group of people.
Pros
Very upscale nice working environment.
Cons
Only worked part-time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cuyahoga Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5