Cuyahoga Community College

Cuyahoga Community College Employer Reviews

A Great Place to work
Assessment Technician (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2013
Pros: helping people gain an education, flexibility, friendly and helpful atmospshere
Cons: disgruntled students
I work in the assessment center. My job is to proctor testing for all areas of education as needed by instructors. My schedule is very flexible, the atmosphere is laid back and casual, almost family oriented. I love helping a student begin the steps to success just by giving tips I have learned through experience in being a student as well as working – more... within the school system. – less
It was a terrific opportunity to work in an academic environment to learn about computers and how to use various software applications
Supervisor, Campus Services /Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Parma, OHMarch 25, 2013
My work at Tri-C was my first experience with microcomputers and software applications and during the years I ran the Academic Computer Labs, I learned so much each day about computers and how to manage 15-25 people. In addition, I taught part-time classes in English Composition, Business Language Skills & Communications, and Introduction to Computers.
Tri-C is tops!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Parma, OHMarch 24, 2013
Pros: friendly, professional, somewhat laid-back
Cons: not full-time
Great place to work. There is a very professional staff that will do anything to assist you. I have taught a remedial English class as well as the first composition course. It has been a good experience.
I enjoyed working with all people I encountered at C.C.C. from management to the Senior Citizens that I helped enroll in classes.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2013
A typical work day consisted of; restocking pamphlets and forms, assisting students with registration and applying for Financial Aid and directions to class.
I learned to expect anything when you are dealing with such a variety of people and that you must be able to perform under pressure from irrate customers/students.
Management was great to me and – more... they gave me nothing but good references.
I enjoyed working with my co workers who were, also, all different ages and etnicities.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with irrate customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when people remember you helped them and they request you on their next encounter with enrollment issues. – less
Teaching Nursing Assistants
Registered Nurse-Nursing Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2013
Instructor to various size classess of Nursing assisitants, with lab and clinical intruction.
intersting to work a college that I attended
Tool Room Attendant and Chassis Dyno Operator (Former Employee), Parma, OHFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: retirment plan, enjoyed helping students find the tool they needed for the job
Cons: not full time
perform basic daily duties maintaning shop order and cleaness. provide tools to students and made sure they return tools with sign out sheets. Also prefrom small maintience task and check lists. Had opportunity to learn how to operate and run Chasis Dyno, Lots of Fun
Fun Interesting Educating Work Enviroment
S.I Leader (Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch free books decent pay
Gave me the opportunity to work with other students and be helpful
Great place to expand skills and take on challengers
Administrator Distance Learning (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: freedom to pursue ideas
Cons: being a public college, pay was behind the corporate world.
Tri C was a good place to work. I had an opportunity that many do not get, being the freedom to develop a process and project that expanded enrollment by over 28,000 students from a meager beginning.
Public Saftey was priortiy to protect students, faculty and staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Parma, OHJanuary 3, 2013
Personal assistant to the Police Sergeant of Western Campus Police Department.
Compiled statistics required by federal mandate for the annual Federal Bureau of Investigations National Crime Report and the Student Right to Know Act.
Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, analyzed data to create spread sheets, graphs, reports and PPT presentations – more... for the Sergeant.
Assisted students, faculty and staff with exceptional customer service on and off campus. – less
Productive and exciting place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Cleveland, Ohio 44115October 10, 2012
Pros: convienient location, optional places to eat lunch, quiet area to relax when needed.
Cons: full parking lot forced to park farther away on occassion
My experience working at Cuyahoga Community College was rewarding. I start my day with opening the office and setting things in place for students, and staff as well. I learned that college could be difficult if you didnt have someone who understands the process to guide you or offer assistance when needed or asked. I worked with the finest staff, caring, – more... compasionate, helpful and a great attitude about their work. The hardest part of my job was going home when the day was done. I delt with so many students, and other staff, and co-workers, it was like a big family and I felt I was home. I really enjoyed being a big help to students and staff. I enjoyed volunteering for registration recuriting and other special enrollment or career events. – less
Cuyahoga Community College is a great place to work.
Director Budget and Management Support (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: great personnel and benefits.
Cons: there are no signficant cons.
I was fortunate enough to work for the finest community college in the state of Ohio. I worked with very talented and creative financial professionals in the accounting profession. My career was very rewarding. Each day contained new challenges that were handled through collaberation and brainstorming. Problems were solved and issues were resolved through – more... creativity and teamwork. – less
Working as an adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Parma, OHSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: variety of classes to teach, nice staff
Cons: very little choice of classes to teach or times, only got what was remaining from full-timers
I absolutely enjoyed working at Tri-C. I looked forward to new opportunities as well as new classes to teach. I wish that adjuncts had more of a say as to what types of classes that they would teach as well as times to teach. Tri-C relies heavily on adjuncts and it would be nice for our skills and services to be more appreciated.
Good
Information Technology Instructor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2012
This is a good place to work. The staff communicates to employees and keeps us all up to date on anything related to college business
exciting job while i was in school
mailroom clerk (Former Employee), Cleveland ohioJuly 3, 2012
Pros: allowed me to make money while in choool
Cons: it ended to soon
When i worked there i was a student and i enjoyed the fact that i didnt have to leave the building and just went to work. and i knew everyone due to i went to school and worked there.
(Cleveland Clinic), Professor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioMay 9, 2012
hardwork, yet organized and rewarding
must be organized and ready to work
must be patient and able to deal with students
Great place to work and go to school
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2012
Pros: networking opportunities
Cons: short relationships due to transitioning
I enjoy the job because it is very rewarding to be able to help people. On a daily basis, I assist staff with directing students in enrollment and class scheduling. I , also, help conduct NSO (New Student Orientation). During NSO's we share our experiencing and instruct new students in college life.
Extensive office work, helped student with school & financial needs
Business Office Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 2, 2012
Pros: working with students and sovling their problems
Cons: job security
Opened and closed office, accurately and efficiently conduct financial transactions (e.g. distributing and receiving money, check and credit card transactions & applying payment plans). Input information into the computer systems, faxed, copied, e-mailed, answered phones and questions to help with any problems with the staff and students. I had to empty – more... parking and vending machines,we worked at a very fast pace at times while slow others times. I'm a multi-tasker so I usually got my work done and helped other co-workers to finish there work. I am able to efficiently work with minimum or no supervision. If there was no work to be done I would clean and organize the office.There were no hard parts to the job because I like to learn new things everyday and I enjoy a challenge. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping people (students, staff & co-workers). – less
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2012
Pros:
Culture and values

Cons:
Job Security and Management
professor/tutor
professor (Former Employee), cleveland ,ohioNovember 29, 2011
Pros: good hours, free lunches
Cons: budget cut backs in hours and staff
enjoy teaching the science to students who are motivated to learn