CUYAHOGA METROPOLITAN HOUSING AUTHORITY Employee Reviews

Very unorganized, unprofessional environment.
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2016
Benefits are excellent however the work environment is horrible. If you're used to working in an environment where people dress and act in a professional manner, management generally helps you reach goals & listens to employee needs/suggestions, and the overall company culture is a positive one, I suggest you look elsewhere, this is not the place for you.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of professionalism among staff and lack of organization in certain departments.
Great Job
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Great people to work with. Good benefits, advancement opportunities, and culture. However, the compensation was not very competitive.
great place to work
Senior Fireman (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2017
A great place to work but politics can get in the way. The politics can be harmful tot the company. Not enough skilled trades to service the residents.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
no cons
Productive Company
Public Housing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 15, 2016
Great company to work for. I learned a lot working for this company, as they provide excellent training for their employees and provide a lot of social services for the residents.
Pros
Great Health Benifits
Productive and Family-Oriented Work Environment
Administrative Affairs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 1, 2016
If I was still living in the Cleveland, OH area, I'd still be employed at CMHA. Management encourages a team environment, and the employees create a family-oriented environment. It is one in which everyone pitches in to help everyone else succeed.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
healthcare costs can be pricey
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2015
Working in management office on the property estate is always very busy. Answering phones,handling residents issues. Generating emergency, routine service request for servicemen. Contacting servicemen via walkie talkie for unit problems.Processing legal packets. Working with management was okay. Creating rent statement. Co-Workers pretty much were team players.

I learned a lots about public housing and the different aspect of the agency. The hardest part of the job was seeing people get evicted and the personal belongings put out on the street.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing residents happy when I could resolve there rent discrepancies.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Appreiciation
Construction is forever
Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 13, 2017
A day at CMHA working in construction department is never a dull moment. construction is a forever changing and adapting industry lots to learn, material, and coststo track. its really a place you can grow in this organization. co-workers are very supportive as i am the youngest in my department surrounded by over 50 plus years of construction knowledge flowing through the department.
cmha hosing
Serviceman (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 6, 2017
This is wear obtained my warehousing skills in logistics tow motor operator, ware house picker operator and warehouse safety practices and data entry.
Pros
learning to work the dock loading and unloading tractor trailer trucks and box trucks
Cons
the walking one had to do to get from one end of the warehouse to the other at times.
Housing Authority
Tenant Affairs Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 30, 2016
Started as a data entry operator and advanced to Administrative Assistant to Tenant Affairs Liaison. I worked in the Warehouse entering inventory into system, the to the IT department were I did clerical support work. Then to the Section 8 (HUD) dept. I helped to qualify people for section 8.
Pros
able to advance rapidly
Cons
Long drive in the winter
Excellent Place to Start your Career
Operation Specialist of Client Services Department (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2015
I am truly grateful to have experience working at CMHA, they have an Exceptional Management Team, Good Benefits, Community oriented, all ways finding ways to be the latest and greatest. They are one of HUD top performing Housing Choice Voucher Programs 8 years in a row .
Good Place to work
Service Person (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 4, 2016
Within this job I learned a lot of valuable tools and was able to use my skills to provide exceptional building maintenance to CMHA and the building habitants.
Advancement opportunity limited
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2012
Its a nice place to work as far as benefits , but at the time pay was sort of low for a county worker. I think that they should focus more on customer service to better service the communities to whom they support.
Pros
the people, the benefits.
Cons
some of management decisions.
A housing agency that provides excellent customer service, where the residents are the number one focus and priority.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44104March 4, 2016
The Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority is a place of employment that provides excellent customer service in which they care about the residents who reside in public housing. The residents are the agency's top priority while providing efficient, safe and affordable housing.
great job with good benefits
Service Person 4 (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMarch 30, 2012
benefits are excellent.also have the chance to give residents great customer service
Pros
great benefits
Cons
contract negotiations
Productive and satisfying position
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  8201 Kinsman Road - Cleveland, OhioOctober 20, 2015
Coordinated contracts for landlord and tenant which gave the low income family a place to live.

I didn't learn much from management because I never had the opportunity to associate with anyone but my supervisor, Co-workers were nice and the hardest part of the job was internal customers.

Most enjoyable part was helping someone with housing and seeing them smile because they were pleased with the outcome of their housing situation.
Pros
Interfacing with Clients
Cons
Internal clients
Fast paced diversed work setting
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2015
Diverse work setting with a staff consisting of management and maintenance staff. Fast pace environment with constant change in situations and individuals.
Learning Experience
Detective (Current Employee) –  Cleveland,OhioOctober 7, 2015
This place of employment gave me personal and professional development. I was able to learn a lot with this employer within my career.
provides safe and sanitary housing
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Hts, OHApril 4, 2015
Promptly adheres to revisions and updates of HUD policies and procedures. Offers free training for employees to have opportunities for promotions. Also, offers resident work positions for self sufficiency
Pros
Family like environment
Cons
overtime is limited
Overall execellent company to work for.
Resident Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2015
As a Resident Worker, I worked alongside Service Person IV employees. I prepared units for occupancy, and performed whatever duties needed to meet this goal, including: repairing floor tiles, stripping, waxing and buffing floors, debris removal before and after preparation, light plumbling, light electrical and other preparation duties. I worked hard, was a team-player as well as worked well individually.
Undermanned and under paid
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 14, 2015
needs to have better starting pay for the guys. one of the lowest paid PD's trying to give a level of service as a suburb is tough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUYAHOGA METROPOLITAN HOUSING AUTHORITY. Our community is ready to answer.

CUYAHOGA METROPOLITAN HOUSING AUTHORITY Reviews by Location