CUYAHOGA METROPOLITAN HOUSING AUTHORITY Employee Reviews

Must make your own opinion
Property and Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2017
The experience I gained opened the platform that I am performing on now. I am grateful for the opportunity that I was given to explore this journey that I am on.
Could potentially become a top 50 places to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 27, 2017
CMHA can become a serious competitor for new employees if they focus was more on the work and less on the look. The employees that work really hard and understand the mission and vision of the agency seem to be overlooked often.
Pros
Helping the public
Fun place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2017
Enjoyed my time at the agency

Fun place to work

Fast paced, can be stressful if you do not know how to balance and keep up,

Be organized, team players

Depending on the Leader you work for it can be challenging
CMHA is a good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  8120 Kinsman RaodJuly 17, 2017
working with residents of all ages you will learn patience and how to multitask very FAST. Management was nice the work place was good. Hardest part of the job was getting to really know the residents and then they pass I worked in an elderly building. being able to help the residents was very enjoyable
Great starter job!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time here and learned so much from my coworkers. I was a young worker so I appreciated being mentored by some many people who took me under their wings.
Team
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2017
Team Work,
Working with public
Excellent
Excellent
When you can't house client,
When client walk out door happy
We have night out every three months
Pros
team work
Cons
Micro Management
Not Bad
Housing Quality Standards Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2017
Decent place to work, pay was not fantastic , benefits were decent, work/life balance was great; no forced hours , M-F 8-5, every holiday the place was closed .
CMHA- We care about your living
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 6, 2017
Like with anything CMHA has it's pros and cons. Overall it is a tolerable place to work with great team members. Our goal is to make sure applicants are provided with safe and affordable housing. The front line employees work tirelessly to ensure the mission is met.
Desireable Public Service
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2017
CMHA is a well established public agency.
Benefits are outstanding.
Greatly enjoyed wor ing there for twenty-two years.
Excellent employee training.
Great wor environment
Pros
Public Service
Cons
Salary
great place to work
Senior Fireman (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2017
A great place to work but politics can get in the way. The politics can be harmful tot the company. Not enough skilled trades to service the residents.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
no cons
cmha hosing
Serviceman (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 6, 2017
This is wear obtained my warehousing skills in logistics tow motor operator, ware house picker operator and warehouse safety practices and data entry.
Pros
learning to work the dock loading and unloading tractor trailer trucks and box trucks
Cons
the walking one had to do to get from one end of the warehouse to the other at times.
Great Job
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Great people to work with. Good benefits, advancement opportunities, and culture. However, the compensation was not very competitive.
Review Appraiser (Licensed/Certified) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2017
I still have friends at CMHA. It was a great work environment with good benefits, advancement opportunities and culture. However, the pay was not very good.
Construction is forever
Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 13, 2017
A day at CMHA working in construction department is never a dull moment. construction is a forever changing and adapting industry lots to learn, material, and coststo track. its really a place you can grow in this organization. co-workers are very supportive as i am the youngest in my department surrounded by over 50 plus years of construction knowledge flowing through the department.
Productive Company
Public Housing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 15, 2016
Great company to work for. I learned a lot working for this company, as they provide excellent training for their employees and provide a lot of social services for the residents.
Pros
Great Health Benifits
Productive and Family-Oriented Work Environment
Administrative Affairs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 1, 2016
If I was still living in the Cleveland, OH area, I'd still be employed at CMHA. Management encourages a team environment, and the employees create a family-oriented environment. It is one in which everyone pitches in to help everyone else succeed.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
healthcare costs can be pricey
Housing Authority
Tenant Affairs Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 30, 2016
Started as a data entry operator and advanced to Administrative Assistant to Tenant Affairs Liaison. I worked in the Warehouse entering inventory into system, the to the IT department were I did clerical support work. Then to the Section 8 (HUD) dept. I helped to qualify people for section 8.
Pros
able to advance rapidly
Cons
Long drive in the winter
Very unorganized, unprofessional environment.
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2016
Benefits are excellent however the work environment is horrible. If you're used to working in an environment where people dress and act in a professional manner, management generally helps you reach goals & listens to employee needs/suggestions, and the overall company culture is a positive one, I suggest you look elsewhere, this is not the place for you.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of professionalism among staff and lack of organization in certain departments.
Good Place to work
Service Person (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 4, 2016
Within this job I learned a lot of valuable tools and was able to use my skills to provide exceptional building maintenance to CMHA and the building habitants.
A housing agency that provides excellent customer service, where the residents are the number one focus and priority.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44104March 4, 2016
The Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority is a place of employment that provides excellent customer service in which they care about the residents who reside in public housing. The residents are the agency's top priority while providing efficient, safe and affordable housing.