Cuyamaca College Employee Reviews

Flexible job to work as a tutor
Spanish Tutor (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 30, 2015
- typical day consists of going in and meeting up with the student you will be tutoring
- you get hours depending on how many students go in the tutoring center and make an appointment
- my supervisor was very nice as well as all the people working at the tutoring center
- most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how the students learn each day and improve their skills because of your help
Pros
Flexible hours, work with schedule, nice co -workers
Cons
Very few hours
friendly work environment
Custodian Full time (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 1, 2015
Working at Cuyamaca College was a great first job. I learned many skills such as carpet cleaning, stripping and waxing, water pressure, knowledge of cleaning chemicals, and buffering. I enjoyed the team work we had when setting up canopies and stages for the staff meetings. The pay was decent and never had any problems. I did not like the one pay check a month.
Pros
great friendly work environment
Cons
payday once a month
Tutoring is fun but the pay is low.
Tutor and/or Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 7, 2015
I didn't get paid well but I enjoyed my time tutoring for Cuyamaca College. The students were grateful to have help. Helping them was tremendously rewarding. The management and staff at the tutoring center were very nice people. All interested in helping students succeed.
Very supportive staff to work with!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Cajon,CAOctober 23, 2014
Great co-workers, great support, great campus! I was an instructor for College for Kids summer program. I had very little time to prepare for my sessions, a week, but they were so helpful and had trust in me and we got the job done fantastically. Kids and parents were very pleased with the classes. It was a wonderful experience.
Rewarding and enriching place to work
Tutoring and Study Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2014
Working for the college is enriching since you get the gift of helping students full-fill their educational goals. I loved the Tutors and helping the students. The hours were long but the rewards far out weighted the long hours.
Pros
excellent benifits
Cons
Tutoring is rough but rewading
Tutor (Former Employee) –  El CajonMay 20, 2014
Working as a tutor can be really frustrating and rewarding. Getting students to understand something and improving their studies is great, but sometimes it doesn't always work or some people will try to take advantage.

Organization is good enough, not enough people to always support the students.
Enviroment
Arabic Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2012
I was teaching Arabic Language for the beginners the first and second level., five hours a week. I loved teaching Arabic language because the students were from different original nationality and have different culture.
Pros
the teaching was fun
Cons
the late students
Cuyamaca College Review
LEED Green Associate Workshop (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaJanuary 28, 2015
I had a fantastic time at Cuyamaca. I loved my instructors and the curriculum. I would recommend this college to everyone.
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  La Mesa,CA 91941January 26, 2012
The employer follow all the rules with no exceptions.The buildings are on the beautiful mountens easy to reach by electric car and focus on your work.
Cons
short breaks
Great position while I was in school, had a great mentor.
Student Development and Services (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 5, 2013
A typical day as a Student hourly for the Vice President was answering phones, duplicating, distributing mail, working directly with other departments at the school, recruiting students, building relations with local businesses, orgainizing events and mastering all clerical duties.

I loved my co-workers and my boss/mentor assisted in refining typing skills, creating spreadsheets, dealing with problem students and perfecting my writing skills. These skills, this day help me with even the basic needs for any job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the flexibility I had being a student worker. The college worked around my school schedule, which made it the perfect job while attending school. I also loved working with the students and assisting them with any questions.

The hardest part of this job was leaving. Once you have completed so many units, you can no longer work at the college. This was a great experience.
Pros
great working environment, great mentor.
Cons
not being able to stay on after completing my ba.
challanging job
Web Developer-Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2014
I learned new skills since all college websites should be responsive.

4.3