Cuyuna Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNOctober 26, 2017
Understaffed, as most facilities are at this time in the area. Management was helpful. Most CNA's worked together. Beautiful facility that loved the residents.
Superior Hospital
Interim Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Superior hospital with highest quality management and staff. Inclusive culture focused on the patient and their family. Constantly looking for ways to improve and add new services.
Pros
inclusive work environment
Cons
Minnesota is cold in the winter
just a part in the machine, easily replaced
Radiology Technologist(Casual) (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNSeptember 18, 2017
Get a wide variety of exams. Rotate though the different modalities and shifts. No down time must stay busy. Union job, so set pay and benefits. Feels more like corporation type of environment than a family type. I was passed up for a full time position by a out side applicant; even though I was working as a casual tech for 9 months doing 30-40 hour weeks before the position opened.
Pros
got along with co-workers
Cons
Don't seem to care about employees
Nice place to work
RN OB (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNAugust 29, 2017
We work 12 hour shifts which is very nice especially for family life. I've learned how to become a better nurse and co-worker. Sometimes the workplace can be stressful and sometimes it can be enjoyable.
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNJuly 24, 2017
This healthcare organization has a long history of dismissing productive, hard working employees and dismissing them from their positions without a single word warning. This is a known fact throughout the local area. If you're not part of their establishment or clique group, don't even entertain the thought of uprooting yourself from where you are presently and coming here!

If it is a Jr. High School atmosphere you're looking for this is it. New employees are pestered about not doing enough and older employees do what they want and come and go as they please. If you're looking for a bullying atmosphere and enjoy having someone try to intimidate you, you've found the place!
Pros
Plenty of parking space.
Cons
Impossible to list it all.
Productive and fun kitchen staff
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MN 56441June 21, 2017
There are many Dietary Aides at CRMC that come together to complete a variety of jobs throughout the whole hospital.
I learned great time management skills as well as the importance of teamwork.
There should be a stronger sense of leadership from management.
There are so many great people in the dietary department at CRMC and they do their best to get along and get the job done with a smile on their face.
The hardest part would be preparing food for the senior residents who have eating problems in the Care Center.
The most enjoyable part would be the great young coworkers who made the job so fun.
Wonderful place to work
Receptionist/Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNApril 20, 2017
I worked for the most wonderful supervisor. The only problem was that his job involved a long drive from home. Otherwise, would have remained at this position.
There are very caring staff there if they were allowed to do their job with compassion like they used to
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 18, 2017
Pressure for productivity
poor management--there are obviously "favorites" which is crazy in a professional setting.
No time allowed for program development
Poor collaboration between health care disciplines-poor communication
Hard work goes unrecognized.
often you are 100% booked with a pending list
meetings over your lunch
must work weekends
terribly sick policy so workers come in obviously sick
Pros
I thnk the retirement benefit is OK. The salary is ok. co workers are great
Cons
poor insurance, management-from first line management ( my direct manager) and up is killing the place
Great place, awesome coworkers. Management needs work.
Business Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNOctober 21, 2015
Very friendly atmosphere, CRMC really does care "CrosbyCares" I've seen employees go out of their way to be helpful to patients and their family. It's an amazing organization. However I don't feel management doesn't reflect the appreciation on an individual level. They are implementing improvements and growing as facility. So in time I hope that turns things around. I really enjoyed working there, enjoyed the work, and the coworkers. I disliked the value or appreciation done for said work, or the acknowledgment.
Pros
Flexibility, incentives, growth opportunities, perks, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Costly benefits such as insurance, poor sick policy, management doesn't listen
CRMC is a challenging place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNMay 9, 2015
1. Design servers (work with venders to determine processor, memory, software needs and configuration)
2. Build servers (implementing the server configuration needed to operate the software efficiently and securely)
3. Maintain servers (keep servers running with hardware and software upgrades)
4. Controlling security on the servers (user access to directories and maintaining and upgrading virus software as needed)
5. Backing up data (determining what data needs to be backed up, how often to backup also retention of the software)
6. Researched and tested VM technology, approach CFO with ideas and quotes for updating a VM environment.
7. Worked with SISU on installation of new VM hardware.
8. With continual growth the VM environment needed to be upgraded. I worked with SISU to gather quotes for upgrading the VM environment.
9. A new backup solution was needed to replace tape backups. A disaster recovery and offsite storage solution was needed. Researched the many options and chose Avamar. Gathered quotes and technical data to bring to the IT project meeting. Worked with SISU on implementing the Avamar solution.
10. Analyzing researching the design of CRMCs LAN. Determined weak points. Found the best solution and presented an upgrade and refresh solution and quotes to CFO.
11. Determined that a change in how end users support was managed. Researched many ideas and solution and settled on Desktop authority and the support solution remote access and pushing PC software upgrades. Gathered quotes and technical data and presented it to
  more... CFO for approval.
12. Estimated long term hardware (network printers, scanners, PC ect.). Find a solution for those needs. Work with venders to get quotes for PCs that meet CRMCs future needs.
13. Go to each dept and determine which PCs need to be replaced and schedule time for replacement.
14. Work with dept managers to implement upgrade software and hardware projects.
15. Determined a need for door access security and documentation. Researched several applications, determined best choice. Built and configured surveillance server and software for door access and monitoring.
16. Designed a new 350 square foot data center. Worked with contractors, vendors and supervised the project. This included cooling, ventilation, power needs and power redundancy.
17. Maintained hardware for video surveillance.
Pros
Located close to home
Cons
low pay

Want to know more about Cuyuna Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
A really nice place to work.
Dietary Aide (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 10, 2015
I really enjoyed my job. I worked in the coffee shop and loved it. I would love to work in that kind of environment again if I had the opportunity. My co-workers were always helpful and were a joy to work with.
you will need patience to survive
Specialist (Former Employee) –  CrosbyNovember 14, 2014
Pretty campus with doors covering unfinished areas. Small town organization is like high school where everyone knows your business. Saw favorites get way with slacking while newbies were ridiculed for not doing enough. Leadership ethics and fairness questable.
Pros
coworkers in team, work
Cons
pay, benefit costs, leadership
Summary
LPN (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 19, 2014
Working night shift I have had wonderful RN supervisors, and the staff all get along well. It is a drama free environment in which we all work together. I enjoy my job because the charge nurse allows me to use my assessment skills while evaluating residents, and works with me to decide a plan of care. This is great on the job training and very appreciated.
Fun and very Family like place to work.
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNJanuary 5, 2014
On a daily basis, I wouls answer phone call from patients insurance companies etc. I would send out bills either self pay, patient responsibility after insurance etc.I would also do follow up to make sure there were no errors on the claims, and if there was why there were there. I would then fix it and resubmit the claim. I learned a lot from people I worked with it to, I really enjoyed working there, they truly became apart of a family. I very much enjoyed my job. THe only thing that was hard for me was the gossip. as we all know when you have that many wonan in a room its bound to happen, but it almost felt like high school. But I learned a lot from that as well, just be yourself and if people don't like you kill them with kindness and say its not my day to care what people think of me.
Love the people I work with
Lab Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNJanuary 5, 2014
I love working at CRMC. I like the people I work with. My supervisor is very understandable that I am also in school full time and works with me at my schedule around finals.
Good Company-Will miss it
LPN, Employee Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNNovember 25, 2013
I trend and find ways to decrease injuries and illnesses
First person to follow through with Worker's Compensation
Administer and track immunizations
Follow through with OSHA, MDH, and HIPPA
Everyday is different
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
New CEO