Cuyuna Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
CRMC is a challenging place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNMay 9, 2015
1. Design servers (work with venders to determine processor, memory, software needs and configuration)
2. Build servers (implementing the server configuration needed to operate the software efficiently and securely)
3. Maintain servers (keep servers running with hardware and software upgrades)
4. Controlling security on the servers (user access to directories and maintaining and upgrading virus software as needed)
5. Backing up data (determining what data needs to be backed up, how often to backup also retention of the software)
6. Researched and tested VM technology, approach CFO with ideas and quotes for updating a VM environment.
7. Worked with SISU on installation of new VM hardware.
8. With continual growth the VM environment needed to be upgraded. I worked with SISU to gather quotes for upgrading the VM environment.
9. A new backup solution was needed to replace tape backups. A disaster recovery and offsite storage solution was needed. Researched the many options and chose Avamar. Gathered quotes and technical data to bring to the IT project meeting. Worked with SISU on implementing the Avamar solution.
10. Analyzing researching the design of CRMCs LAN. Determined weak points. Found the best solution and presented an upgrade and refresh solution and quotes to CFO.
11. Determined that a change in how end users support was managed. Researched many ideas and solution and settled on Desktop authority and the support solution remote access and pushing PC software upgrades. Gathered quotes and technical data and presented it to
  more... CFO for approval.
12. Estimated long term hardware (network printers, scanners, PC ect.). Find a solution for those needs. Work with venders to get quotes for PCs that meet CRMCs future needs.
13. Go to each dept and determine which PCs need to be replaced and schedule time for replacement.
14. Work with dept managers to implement upgrade software and hardware projects.
15. Determined a need for door access security and documentation. Researched several applications, determined best choice. Built and configured surveillance server and software for door access and monitoring.
16. Designed a new 350 square foot data center. Worked with contractors, vendors and supervised the project. This included cooling, ventilation, power needs and power redundancy.
17. Maintained hardware for video surveillance.
Pros
Located close to home
Cons
low pay
A really nice place to work.
Dietary Aide (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 10, 2015
I really enjoyed my job. I worked in the coffee shop and loved it. I would love to work in that kind of environment again if I had the opportunity. My co-workers were always helpful and were a joy to work with.
you will need patience to survive
Specialist (Former Employee) –  CrosbyNovember 14, 2014
Pretty campus with doors covering unfinished areas. Small town organization is like high school where everyone knows your business. Saw favorites get way with slacking while newbies were ridiculed for not doing enough. Leadership ethics and fairness questable.
Pros
coworkers in team, work
Cons
pay, benefit costs, leadership
Summary
LPN (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 19, 2014
Working night shift I have had wonderful RN supervisors, and the staff all get along well. It is a drama free environment in which we all work together. I enjoy my job because the charge nurse allows me to use my assessment skills while evaluating residents, and works with me to decide a plan of care. This is great on the job training and very appreciated.
Fun and very Family like place to work.
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNJanuary 5, 2014
On a daily basis, I wouls answer phone call from patients insurance companies etc. I would send out bills either self pay, patient responsibility after insurance etc.I would also do follow up to make sure there were no errors on the claims, and if there was why there were there. I would then fix it and resubmit the claim. I learned a lot from people I worked with it to, I really enjoyed working there, they truly became apart of a family. I very much enjoyed my job. THe only thing that was hard for me was the gossip. as we all know when you have that many wonan in a room its bound to happen, but it almost felt like high school. But I learned a lot from that as well, just be yourself and if people don't like you kill them with kindness and say its not my day to care what people think of me.
Love the people I work with
Lab Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNJanuary 5, 2014
I love working at CRMC. I like the people I work with. My supervisor is very understandable that I am also in school full time and works with me at my schedule around finals.
Good Company-Will miss it
LPN, Employee Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNNovember 25, 2013
I trend and find ways to decrease injuries and illnesses
First person to follow through with Worker's Compensation
Administer and track immunizations
Follow through with OSHA, MDH, and HIPPA
Everyday is different
Pros
co-workers
Cons
new ceo