Cvent Employee Reviews

Don't expect to have a career here
Marketing Team (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 18, 2013
The best thing about working at Cvent is the people you work with. Mostly young, energetic people that are eager to learn. Too bad all Cvent teaches you is about selling Cvent products. Company has no vision, reason and innovation. People with different ideas are shot down by management that has mentality stuck in 1999 business model. Talented people are afraid of Cvent because of their draconian 2-year bond, that is not even legal. However, Cvent will do everything it can do get those $6K out of 20-plus year old.

Very few stay here more than 4 years. Company has no interest in advancing and training people in their fields, you're required to stay as long as it takes to get things "fixed."

Etc. It might be a good first job out of college, but not a career.

Pros:
-good health benefits
-location
-compensation is "ok" depending on department
-growing company

Cons:
-you're stuck at Cvent for 2 years, no questions asked
-no 401k matching
-frequent over-time/weekend expectations with no reward
-poor work/life balance
-poor management
-asking for tools you need is like pulling teeth
Soul-sucking work environment
Product Consultant at Cvent (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 12, 2013
I was really miserable when I worked at this company. They offer poor work-life balance and micromanage their employees. They make you sign a contract upon being hired, and if you try to quit before your contract is up you have to pay the company an exorbitant amount of money (something they consider a "training fee" but honestly just doesn't feel ethical). The average age of the company must be 27, everyone is young and thus there is a lot of inter-office gossip and water cooler talk. Compensation is lousy, but other benefits are okay (no premium medical, at least when I worked there, but no company 401k match).
Pros
no premium health insurance, company happy hours and holiday party are nice
Cons
competitive sales-focused culture, bad management, makes you pay if you try to quit before your contract is up
My most recent experience
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 5, 2013
Cvent is a great company for many people, and there is a reason they mostly hire from within. Coming into that company with experience is a much different ballgame. My actual day was something that was not described during my interview process. The day to day operations, the management, and requirements were something entirely different than what I had been told before coming in.
It was a very young company, with high energy. It was a cold calling business. They hammer out calls all day long, and on a typical day, the average person would make roughly 70 calls.
The hardest part of the job was finding my place in the company. I learned how to work with much younger professionals, and how to manage individuals right out of college.
Pros
ambitious young individuals
Cons
no training or ramp up for individuals coming in with experiencce
Great environment, great people, great company!
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day always started with a team meeting and could lead to new feature development or issue fixes. I learned a ton about web design and just being a better programmer in general. The management was always very open, fair and understanding. I liked my coworkers and admired their obvious talent. The hardest part of the job was probably maintaining the oldest parts of the code base, but that goes with the territory. The most enjoyable parts of the job were always learning new technologies and applying them to our newest projects.
Pros
Great lunch options, Beautiful office, Convenient location
Cons
Long hours sometimes, Mammoth legacy code base
Growing organization with a pluthera of career advancement opportunity
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 16, 2014
Cvent is a great place to for both entry level or advancing career professionals. The environment is extremely fast-paced, entrepreneurial and intellectually stimulating. The organization has a flat leadership hierarchy which makes the Executive Team not only approachable but they seek out employee feedback, ideas and guidance. Although the phrase "work hard/play hard" is overused, the Cvent team takes the concept to the next level by not only focusing business results but rewarding and recognizing employee contributions to success.
Pros
high growth, free soda, friendly and fun
Cons
long hours but they go fast every day!
Sr. Implementation at Cvent
Senior Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 8, 2012
Leading Strategic Meeting Management (SMM) technology company - adding my experience of 6 years in the event and conference management field.
Working remotely from Lincoln, CA, I work from 7am to 5pm daily and make myself available for emergency client issues over the weekend.
Recording all aspects of implementation within SharePoint and SalesForce.com, client-specific needs are configured and representatives from the client are trained to their process with Cvent technology enabling the entire SMM process.
Pros
innovative technology and collaborative team.
Cons
some days there is more time spent documenting vs configuring and training.
Young company still working a lot of kinks out.
Senior Sales Associate - Account Management (Current Employee) –  Washington DCMay 11, 2015
- 8:00 am - 6:00 am
- data driven
- team oriented
- open atmosphere
- hardest part of the job would be at times it can be a little administrative
- most enjoyable part of the job would be working with exclusive client pool
- l have learned a lot about the sales process
It has become the best work place in DC metropolitan area for several time
NOC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 7, 2014
Cvent is a cool work place, with a very good culture. It is growing very fast and there is a opportunity almost for evryone to grow with the company.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 18, 2015
A typical day consisted of working with your clients to plan events and often times travel was involved with these events. Used the Cvent and Starite technologies to do my job.

Want to know more about Cvent?

Ask a question