CVR ENERGY Employee Reviews

ok job
Inspection Supervisor for CTS Company T/A (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, OKJanuary 10, 2017
under standing the job location and working with all was very good. safety was first. people very helpful and friendly . hrs was great /ot was good enjoy this job.
God Complexes with Executive Staff
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 5, 2016
If you enjoy a good benefit package, look elsewhere. If you believe Executive Management needs to be exceptional, look elsewhere. The pay is not bad, however it lacks in most everything else. Trickle down poverty.
Pros
Nah
Cons
read below
Overall good place to work.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSAugust 5, 2016
I learned a lot about how an oil refinery operates and how projects are conducted within an oil refinery environment. I developed many friendships over the years with fellow employees. Overall refinery management was very good.
Pros
Developed good working relationships with fellow employees.
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement within the company.
They will always do it that way.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSFebruary 29, 2016
With a mindset and management style that is just as old as the oil they refine, CVR will always do it they way it has been done in the past. The amount of time, personnel and money wasted are beyond normal comprehension.
If you are not aware or care about cost saving in the workplace, can not adapt to change, or don't care about doing a good job, CVR is the place for you!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management wears blinders
Great company
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 8, 2015
Great place to work for and great company. Great place all-around. Has great people and comfortable environment. Enjoyed coworkers and vendors are delightful. Starbucks coffee every morning was a great add-on
good pay, good people to work with.
FCCU Operator (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, OKJune 29, 2015
There is no typical day at work. one never knows what he or she is going to walk into on a day to day basis, from how the unit is running to what kind of hair brain idea the management has come up with to "make things better". There is a lot of opportunity to learn on a day to day basis with the way they push you to get qualified so quickly. The best part of my job other than the good pay would have to be the group of people I work with. Working the 12 hour shifts allows you to really get to know your coworkers. You really become more like family than coworkers in that you spend so much time together. You laugh, cuss, fight , and stand up for one another and help each other whenever the time calls for it without question. You even cry and console one another when you have lost one of your fellow coworkers , because your home family doesn't quite understand like your work family. The hardest part of my job would have to be being away from my kids as much as I am.
Pros
good pay, good people to work with
Cons
benifits are horrible, and other things
Nice workplace to start
CR Employee (Current Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSNovember 11, 2014
Nice company with low work culture. Needs a lot of improvements and caring people
Still assessing new owners/management. Great coworkers.
Rotating Equip. Spec./Certified Vibration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, OKOctober 23, 2014
Still assessing new owners/management. Great coworkers.
Pros
Company is building on and improving physical plant.
Cons
New insurance is not good.
Great Place to Work
Software Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 9, 2014
I enjoy my position, team, and organization. This is a great place to start and continue your career
Great location and brand new office space.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 16, 2014
A great location and brand new office space, but marred by poor management and low staff morale.
Pros
Free coffee and snacks
Cons
Poor management and low moral
Job ended sooner than expected.
I&E Field Engineer and Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, OKAugust 14, 2013
Overall, for the short time I was there, the company seemed to be ok. I was told that there was 18 months on the books for project work and possibly another additional 18 months after that. The work ended after 4 months and I was given an ROF.
terrible employer
Planner (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSJuly 2, 2013
want you to work twenty hours a day for no extra pay. management is horrible no clue how to run a business. co workers are ignorant. there was no enjoyable part of this company alot of finger pointing to try and hang blame on you rather than finding out what actually went wrong. i would not recommend working for them.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Belittling
Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 21, 2012
Training was a flop; company branched out from cities where minorities are frowned on; co-worker constantly threw out negative political comments and management was just fine with it; was given 2 1/2 feet of work space and another co-worker was rude about me being given that; hiring manager never returned my emails or calls.
Pros
free vendor lunches; pay was good; location was good
Cons
bigotry should stay in the home
Great work environment with wonderful people
Corporate Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sugarland, TXJune 29, 2012
I really enjoy working here but with the hostile takeover I cannot be certain that I will still have a job in the future.
Great company - poor manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land TxJune 26, 2012
Overall the company has excellent compensation on par with any other Oil & Gas Company. They treat their employees well and provide a good balance between work and home. The co-workers are great to work with. At my level I believe their isn't much work done for mentoring or career advancement like you would see in a company like Shell. My own manager was very poor at communicating expectations and just checking in to see if I could do anything else to help or increase/decrease work.
Pros
good comp. good work life, great sr. management
Cons
immedeate manager poor quality
Great benefits and work enviroment
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, OKJune 20, 2012
My day at work was very busy. Fast paced.
Management was great to work with as were my co workers.
My job required me to come in early to compile a report from the readings from the day before. Everyone else started their day off of that report.
I enjoyed the challenge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVR ENERGY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9