CW Resources Employee Reviews

rewarding and satisfying to see smiles on clients' faces
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 15, 2016
I work in a very busy, client oriented environment and I love what I do for the consumers I work with(one to one counseling, giving on the job supports and ensuring guidelines are implemented daily for overall consumer satisfaction and safety).
Assisting individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental health, in any way I can.
Advocating for them is very rewarding and it's something I would really enjoy to do where ever my experience guides me.
Pros
hands on
Cons
not enough room for growth
Day program working with developmentally disabled clients
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 13, 2016
On any given day I was in charge of several teams of participants at a variety of job sites. Focused on positive role modeling, showing leadership and providing strong people skills.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
As a HR Manager with CW Resources Inc., my job is extremely challenging and rewarding. I am able to make a positive impact on the career progression of both exempt and non-exempt employees.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Learned a lot of new things working for this company. Like how to properly clean the equipment used in the meat department.
Pros
Good pay, good employees
Cons
Little health care benefits, short hours
Cleaning up the Multipurpose Rooms after Holiday Parties or Meets
government contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2015
I enjoy working as a Custodian lets me interact with clients at USCG HQ in Washington, DC. And lets me Work with others my age or older
Pros
Free lunch at the break room for holiday parties
Cons
Short Breaks at 12:00 to 12:15
productive days.
CW Contracting Specialist national guard (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 24, 2015
Great work place. learned how to clean. management was great. Co workers were great too. No hard parts. Loved the job. Enjoyed working at this location.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Custodial (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 28, 2015
A Typical Day Of Work There Was Awesome. I Learned How To Take On More Responsibility As If I Was Home. The Management Was Great. My Co-Workers Were A Good Team Of Employers And We Worked Together. The Hardest Part About The Job Was When I First Started As A Employer There.The Most Enjoyable Part About The Job Was The Experience Of The Company I've Worked For
not a happy place to work.
Detailer (Current Employee) –  alexandria vaJuly 27, 2015
My typical day at work is cleaning doing my duties and not smiling. every one walks past you like they are unhappy and do not even notice you. the most enjoyable part of my job lunch time. this is not happy place to be
Good Start
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 21, 2015
CW Resources is a good place to begin a career in Human Services, however there is very little room for upward mobility here. As much as CW is about providing quality services to our individuals, they are also very much so about getting money for those individuals to work at certain facilities via group or sheltered employment, and expanding the contract services division (which in turn generates the organization majority of their profit) The individuals we service with the Rehab division are wonderful. You will love working with them if human services is your passion. I'd stay at CW forever if it was really about the clients. We have a great structure to provide support for these guys. Sadly, work place drama, politics, and complete oversight is very prevalent on a daily basis, which often makes for a very unpleasant work environment. I've seen several employees leave willingly because of these issues. Upper management is professional, and courteous, however they don't necessarily see everything that goes on in each facility on a day to day basis, and there is little to no recourse for mid-management. Employee supports, and overall morale is something that undoubtedly needs to be addressed, worked on, and nurtured here. If you are looking to get your foot in the door, and obtain experience, this is a good starting point. CW is a bit behind the curve in comparison to other sheltered/group employment agencies in the Northeast. That being said, CW is a wonderful stepping stone that will provide you with the experience you need to move forward and into another company. Although  more... you may love the organization and choose to stay, don't count on a job here becoming your "forever job", especially if you are just starting out in the industry.  less
Pros
Good experience, great individuals, professional Upper Management, many locations, good hours, varying services
Cons
Poor mid-management, workplace politics/drama, little room for advancement
terrible like a bad weather day
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 7, 2015
My review for this workplace is very unacceptable. because this is the company that I cant seem to want to continue my career with. The supervisors don't know how to perform their jobs well in any situation. Their payroll is not pleasing to the employees and their no benefits given from this job or any chances of advancement but to only certain ones.
Pros
weekends off, receiving income every week
Cons
no holiday pay advancements
I love the type of work I do.
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 18, 2015
What I love most about my job is that I work with veterans and people with physical and mental disability. I enjoy helping them with their work task.

A typical day at work for me is making sure all task are completed correctly and with out accidents.

The hardest part of my job is working with management that do not do my job but want to tell me how it should be done.

My co-workers in management are sometimes cruel to the employees. My co-workers (the crew I manage) are a joy to work with and they respect me as an equal.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Health care
Demanding and rewarding at the same time.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  25 Sigourney Street, HartfordMay 13, 2015
Job is highly demanding because it involves constant inspections and the need to provide state workers with the best services, at the same time, it is satisfying to work with and manage disabled individuals because they will appreciate and be grateful for what i do.
Good qualities of CW Resources
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 3, 2015
CW Resources provides a variety of part-time and full-time employment opportunities, it offers a competitive benefit package and gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
Workplace
Life Skills Instructors (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 12, 2015
Worked with great people and clients, happy to put my trainings to use and was sad the job ended
Pros
Learned new things and got to put my trainings and skills to use
Cons
Job ended abrutly, 1 week notice
Productive and fun place to work
High-Pro Staff/ Behaviorist (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 13, 2014
A workplace with lots of love and care for one another.
Participate in helpin those wit needs (disabilities) on a daily basis.
Safe and Quiet place.
Pros
Appreciative of life
Cons
Have to work around the clients mood
Worked while I lived in Dearborn Michigan
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 3, 2014
Custodial services during night shift at community recreation center and other projects people needed.
Productive and fast past of work
Janitor-housekeeping -floor care tech (Former Employee) –  15 Mohegan ave. new London ct. 06320September 25, 2014
Going in checking our task sheet getting equipment loaded on to vehicle . Use common scents when a problem arises .management ok .enjoy working with my co workers we all get alone so well together .the hardest part of the job is moving the equipment from one building to another .most enjoyable part of day is going home and knowing every task was completed .
Pros
Na
Cons
Breaks are to short (10 min. )
It was good job best work experence
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 10, 2014
This was good job and well maintained and organized with people who are willing to help and provide assistance and more training if needed to operate newer machines with a very mellow work place with a understanding and hard working crew
Pros
third shift no hassle and good pay rate with direct deposit
Cons
deadlines
good place to work
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 12, 2014
great experiences and learning i had, good people and good company to work for
Great Experience
Quality Control- Front Office Lead (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 29, 2014
I have nothing but positive things to say about my time at CW Resources . It was a wonderful place to work, and I recommend anyone take the chance to check them out (awesome employer to have).