CWS Employee Reviews

stressful
Assistant Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  cart, NCJuly 27, 2017
Just thinking, as an Assistant Maintenance Director, you work included ground keeper, work order, made-ready, and support apartment renovation project. One word, stressfull.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJune 8, 2017
I learned a lot on the emotional effects of parental incarceration on children and families. It was a month long translation of documentation to be distributed in a conference.
Productive and fun place to work.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Gary, INApril 4, 2017
Fun place to work, good pay, on time and flexible work schedule. Lots of money can be made if you are willing to put in the time, but if you do not get your loads due to reasons other than your own then your pay can be extremely low, if any pay at all and it does happen.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hr.s
the work was hard
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 3, 2017
Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing and disinfecting. Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
Clean and polish any furnishings in hallways and, if applicable, in stairways and elevator.
Pros
money was good
Cons
not enough people for the work
ran machines
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJanuary 5, 2017
ran machines packaged materials to be shipped out inspected materials worked as a team player got along well with others and also worked with the consumers
A typical day was very challenging and learning experience with the management team. There was a verty close relationship between my co-workers,.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 14, 2016
The hardest part of the day was seeing the clients sad and the most enjoyable was when they was able to be independent and self efficient.
Pros
Celebrate each others birthdays and togetherness
Cons
No complaints
Micromanagement by Medicocres!
CWS - Which is Global CWS Now! Do not get Fooled! (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33126January 1, 2016
Poor quality employee life!. Those who rule the office are "witch hunting" employees ALL THE TIME while living a double-moral life.
They treat employees as ANIMALS, and do not care how much an employee can work or if that employee comes with new ideas (most of the time SUPERIOR) to the policies they already have in place.
I wonder in the Refugee Organizations are aware of this situation and know that success of programs in that office is not REAL but numbers!
Run away from CWS as fast as you can!!
Pros
Not even ONE!
Cons
Negative/Evil Management. Director, Managers!! ALL-included!
very nice owners,weight room
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TXNovember 19, 2015
learned some welding, crew leaders taught us things we needed to know about the job ,every one got along really well , the hardest part was waking up at all hours of the night, what I enjoyed the most was getting to spend some down time to barbecue and to be able throw the football and the baseball around and relax.
Pros
great pay and 1 week off every 2weeks
Cons
having to wake up at all hours of the night and having to sleep in the truck
Lively work place
Manager/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILNovember 10, 2015
This is a busy and energetic call center that is always humming. It is a great place to be when everyone is happy. Since everyone is so close in the small space, the mood can change rapidly based on just one or two people. It is a good place for gain entry level experience but being such a small company has few opportunities for growth.
Pros
Good benefts
Cons
Managers are on call 24/7
Expanding company
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 29, 2015
Great learning experience.
Growing company.
Lots of great employees that have been together for many years.
Unique products to work with and to learn about.
Pros
Local company
Cons
New Management
good work environment
Truck Driver Class (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 21, 2015
good work tem, nice work environment and nice routes, management work is good also the dispatcher are always ready to assist you in any problem
Easy work Enviorment
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 29, 2015
This was my first driving job at 19, I bought my own Ford dully started hotshot for a welder.
I usually would haul flowback equipment or Polly pipe out to location on a 40ft goose neck trailer.
This is where I got the experience and learned my highways and what to look for when going out to a rig.
I got more forklift experience and learned how to use a man-lift.
Pros
Driving experince
Cons
I didnt have my full CDL with air brakes
Had fun working with Cws
Construction (Former Employee) –  Lake TahoeMay 26, 2015
The compony was well managed and all the employee's got along grate. The work was steady and we all had what we need to accomplish or daily goals.
learn to be self sufficient
leasing agent (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 28, 2015
As a leasing agent, the office was often left for me to fend on my own. Management would come late and leave early. Good training schedule and discounts and benefits
Horrible Management
Dispatcher for Ford/GM (Former Employee) –  GaryOctober 24, 2014
By far the worst company I've had to work for, the management treats you as if you are a child and have no consideration for your feelings. What you are to them is someone who is disposable and micro-management is definitely their way of keeping their people "in-line" it's a very uncomfortable atmosphere.
Hygiene Promotion officer (Former Employee) –  RAWALAKOTMay 21, 2014
I have worked at the company with full devotion and satisfaction unfortunatly the project had got end and i lost the contract.
Pros
Standards
Cons
Well.
What the agency did was good..and helps people acheive a btr way of life
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 14, 2014
Staff very friendly. Very adaptable and good environmnent to work.
Management was good but was likeing at times to communicate to staff on certain issues.The hardest part of the job was the paper trail that this position entiled .....so much back and forth btw service center and coperate. It was very enjoyable to know the mission that the agency stood for and that it was making a difference in people lives.
Great people with positive attitude
Social Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg,VAJanuary 11, 2014
I start my day by reviewing the case notes for the day before,checking my email .Interviewing my clients ,if there is a problem I solve it by my self if I couldn't I will ask my supervisor`s help.I like my job and those people who I work with .The hardest part of my job is that my clients are refugees from different countries and its not easy for them to be adopted for new community and new country and that`s where I do my part by helping and guiding them to start a new life in US.
Terrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2013
There is no room for advancement, it was a great first job when I had no experience. When I wanted to advance and move up after 5 and a half years I kept getting pushed aside. Management is to blame
Company Needs to Review Its Policies and Treatment of Employees
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2013
Management was overbearing and controlling. Lack of moral due to unfair and unequal treatment of employees. Very large salary disparities. Started out good but over the years the employee benefits decreased as the management got more and more benefits. The hardest part of the job was being able to see the unfairness in the way the company was run. The most enjoyable part was being able to use my skills and experience in doing my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CWS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9