CWU, Inc. Employee Reviews

Pashto/Dari Linguist (Current Employee) –  Germany, FT.GordonDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working with CWU and I would like to continue working with them in the future as well. The management is very helpful . Work place was very friendly .
Run Away With your Life
Cultural Analyst/Linguist (Former Employee) –  GiTmoDecember 1, 2017
If you're looking for ways to learn how the U.S. Government wastes its money, look no further. This company hires unqualified, uneducated linguists to fill the contracts. In return, they pay them very low and relocated them without notice to Gitmo. The linguists who are always insecure due to their lack of any ability besides speaking the target language (sometimes not well) are always under the thumb of management. Management is composed by mostly formerly military members who think they can deal with civilians as if they're still in the military. Horrible, get away with your life.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
working in a dictatorship like environment
former employee (Former Employee) –  overseasNovember 15, 2017
Working for this company is like working for a dictator of a third world country. Company has its employee/snitches/informants
who report anything negative you say or do the company and its management. If they don't like you they will find a way to terminate you.
The only reason these corrupt people are getting contracts probably is because they have insider connections. Its unfortunate to see that even in a country like USA, with the world's best employee protective laws, a company like this can apply such scary dictatorship tactics.
Pros
Its a job eventually
Cons
Very unpleasant and stressful environment
An Excellent Organization!
Program and Training Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Bordentown, NJSeptember 26, 2017
CWU is the finest company I've had the privilege of working for.

They are extremely professional, dedicated to their clients, honest with their employees, they have a mission first attitude, and are committed to providing the very best in staff augmentation support, program management, acquisition, administrative support, database, foreign language, intelligence, logistics, and training support specialists.

They are among the very best.
Pros
Open door management policy, Genuine care and concern for their family of over 900 employees, and a company possessing true integrity.
Cons
Exciting and rewarding opportunity to help train those who serve
Civilian role player (Current Employee) –  KYSeptember 16, 2017
I have worked with CWU for over two years. When a rotation is scheduled I am glad to have the opportunity to work for CWU. Scheduling is fairly organized. The work is very detailed and the lane leads know their stuff.

My hope is that their contract is renewed. I would miss the opportunity to continue my work with CWU.
Mission is important! The training, for the soldiers, is important. Employees understand it isn't about us, it is about the training for the soldiers!
Pros
Too many to name
Good experience
CAT II Linguist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 15, 2017
I have a good experience working here. i have learned many things in this job. I like this job what I do, and it is very good working environment, and good management.
Terrible
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  GTMOAugust 8, 2017
Working for CWU was like being in a really bad daycare. Easiest way to describe it would be a very hostile work environment. There is no such thing as HR and management would disrespect their employers along with harassing them. The thought of my time there makes me sick.
Corrupted company oh I am sorry corrupted farm!
Linguist/Cultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA, and Cuba!June 11, 2017
Corrupted farm and it's clients is US Government!!

In order for this farm that has gained government contraccts there is something going on under the table such as bribery and kick back. Until they fill their pockets they will be caught later on as many others farms did in the history of contract business. And history repeats itself and no one is doing anything to defeat corruption in this country. At the end of the day who is paying for this corruption?? We all know the answer! Good luck United States!
Pros
Ownrers filling their pockets
Cons
People taxes are being stolen by the farm CWU inside corruption.
Work environment is dynamic producing valuable product to the customer.
Senior Linguist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 7, 2017
-Management appreciates our hard work most of the time and provides us with feed back and evaluation of our performance.
- The site lead keeps us informed about any changes in benefits and policies.
Pros
Dynamic work environment.
Cons
Benefits are not good enough.
TV news, coffee served in the morning
Arabic Linguist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 11, 2017
Encourages collaboration with the team

Shares ideas and techniques
Work with different shifts in such a professional atmosphere under the supervision of a military personal worked on different projects
Pros
Presence of a CWU manager in skiff
Cons
never give you the right answer
Clueless security departments
Linguist/Translator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 24, 2017
While applying for job , security department is clueless about basic clearance and jPAs work .: they don't know how to handle their job right .. they even forget to submit important documentes to CAF which caused security clearance drop ..
Hope they do hire better professionals in security office ....! U really make millions of dollars from the linguistic services you provide , won't hurt the company if they spend couple of thousands in right people in right place and kick all those idiots out ...
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
You get like slave
Flexible Schedule
American Sign Language Interpreter (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 28, 2017
I am currently employed as a certified sign language interpreter (ADHOC) basis. This company is phenomenal as they are very flexible with their schedules and I know I can trust them. Within 2-weeks of each event I am paid and I know that I do not have to worry - the pay is market competitive. The management are very fair and very prompt in following up with me and addressing any questions and/or concerns that I may have. I am very grateful for this company and everything that they do for me.
Pros
Flexibility, Great Pay
Great for Linguist
Linguist/Translator (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 28, 2017
Job is great for linguist. Offer good pay and job security. Willing to work with you for security upgrade and chance to grow with company.
Pros
Chance for growing
Cons
site manager need to say thank you more
Great comapny to work for
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 4, 2017
One of the best companies that I have worked for. Professional work environment. Great management team. Great benefit package. Flexible schedule.
support soldiers
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 4, 2016
what i love in this Job is making me feel i'm supporting our solider and help them to have an idea what they will face culturally when they deployed overseas
day at Tatitlek
multicultural trainer and interpreter (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYNovember 24, 2016
its a good company to work with good management and nice co-worker but sadly it was just for a period of time only but i gane a lot of experience from it
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
end there contract with fort knox
working
multicultural trainer and interpreter (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYNovember 24, 2016
I like working with this company.
Great co-workers and great Management to work with.
I enjoy this job because I can help our troops to survive there deployment
Pros
good environment to work with
Cons
it its part time only
Caring management
Linguist and Cultural Advisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 13, 2016
CWU managemers are the most caring people. They will take care of you in any way possible. If you are working as a contractor for CWU and in case of company loosing that contract, CWU will relocate you to another contract location. Most importantly CWU will recognize your hard work and appreciate it in terms of bonus and awards.
Pros
Best management
helping soldiers
Role Player Support Services (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL at Fort Knox,KYAugust 29, 2016
I love working with the Soldiers, this way I can still work with them after leaving the Army. Hardest part of job is the long hours; but you get to meet a variety of people!
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Fort gordon, and GTMOJuly 28, 2016
None to say, It is the same as any other company that has a government contract. all these companies have the same guide lines and they have to adhere to the customer needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CWU, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.