CWU, Inc Employee Reviews

Clueless security departments
Linguist/Translator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 24, 2017
While applying for job , security department is clueless about basic clearance and jPAs work .: they don't know how to handle their job right .. they even forget to submit important documentes to CAF which caused security clearance drop ..
Hope they do hire better professionals in security office ....! U really make millions of dollars from the linguistic services you provide , won't hurt the company if they spend couple of thousands in right people in right place and kick all those idiots out ...
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
You get like slave
helping soldiers
Role Player Support Services (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL at Fort Knox,KYAugust 29, 2016
I love working with the Soldiers, this way I can still work with them after leaving the Army. Hardest part of job is the long hours; but you get to meet a variety of people!
HR is unprofessional and clueless
Linguist (Former Employee) –  OverseasJune 29, 2016
CWU, inc has the reputation of being a slash hammer, they bid low, they cut the salaries of their employees and this is how they make their money. HR manager is unprofessional, and she never answer your requests...
The people who put five stars are paid by the company or they are the managers themselves, so don't be fooled!
Linguists are CWU commodities, and I hope that one day, they treat them better...
Pros
President is professional and he correct other managers' mistakes
Cons
They always try to cut your salary, cut your benefits and take your money. No salary raise for years...
Not a good company to work for
Linguest (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2016
Ask any linguest that work with them. No one is happy. They don't know how to respect humans. They are backwards. They got no clue of how to respect people who work for them
Pros
Cons
everything
Worst company ever!
linguist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 14, 2015
Worst company ever! Site lead is unprofessional and got an attitude and unprofessional behaviors. Management, directors are there to micromanage only. Management brings no creative value to the company, linguists do all of the work while getting belittled by the site lead in particular, she has no idea what she is doing and should be fired.
worst company to work for
linguist (Former Employee) –  gtmoOctober 24, 2014
all of the reviews below are management made reviews. that made linguists and management write good reviews to look good. but in reality this company sucks. low salaries and very bad benefits. they tell you salary is a certain amount but when you get there all of the sudden it's less . do not contract with this company
good to great
Civilian Role Player (CRP) (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYFebruary 12, 2014
It was a special kind of place to work, only a military minded person would truly understand!
Pros
Everyone is caring!
Cons
They need for more structure among the groups!
Professional people to work with
Linguist (Former Employee) –  GITMODecember 5, 2013
Great company to work for. Excellent management. Small enough to hear your voice yet big enough to offer a good paying job.
Pros
Professional administrative, reasonable Heath care, recognition of quality work.
Cons
The only con would be other linguist you have to deal with.
Secure job with good benefits
Linguist (Current Employee) –  GTMOMarch 27, 2013
During my last 10 years of working as a linguist, utilizing my linguistic skills for several corporations, I have discovered working for a small company is much preferable than working for large ones. My reason for feeling this way, is that with the company management is one where your voice can be easily heard by the senior positioned personnel of the company comparing it to the large ones. And during my working experience with CWU-INC, I personally feel more comfortable and happier yet, grateful to work under the professionalism, skilled leadership and excellent performing management staff of CWU-Inc. Who care enough to follow up on their employees health condition while on sick leave as if they are member of your family. Thus regrettably, there has been few ungrateful individuals who try to discredit and falsely misrepresent the company’s name and reputation. I strongly and highly recommend this company who respect and take care of its employees (family members) for those who are seeking a linguist position job out there!!
Pros
safe environment to work in, plus an excellant living condition
Cons
flexable working hours
A 5 star company
Role Player (Current Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJMarch 3, 2013
Great company to work for, management team and staff are very professional and friendly.
An excellent small company to grow your career with!
Linguist (Current Employee) –  GTMOFebruary 22, 2013
CWU, Inc. is rising to be a strong leader providing professional linguistic services to the US government. I have been working for them since they were awarded their first major contract. I can say that I am happy working for them. I even recommended this company to several of my linguist friends!

The owners listened to our concerns from day one when they first came to the island. Of course, they cannot please everyone, but disgruntled employees can be found in any given company.

The headquarter and the theater management listen to us. They stay in the office beyond their office hours just to have their doors open for us. They are fair, too.

They also provide trainings to improve the quality of their linguists. I'll work for a company such as this who is willing to invest in their employees' professional development!

Overall, you can grow your career with this company. They always keep the employees updated on whatever other opportunity they may have.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
less money, but i'd blame it on the big brother! lol
You can be as successful at CWU as YOU want to be!
CAT-II Linguist at CWU, Inc. (Current Employee) –  OCONUSFebruary 21, 2013
Let's face it: linguist jobs are drying out. With thousands and thousands of linguists returning from Iraq and Afghanistan and unable to find work, the applicant competition is getting tougher and tougher and the selection bar is rising higher and higher. Only the fittest will survive. If you are one of the "fit" ones, you will do just fine at CWU.

The management at CWU tries very hard to keep everyone happy. However, know that our entire linguist workday is managed by the government client, not by CWU. The CWU benefits package is quite generous - better than most private sector companies.

If you do get hired at CWU, here is your formula for success:

1) Perform your job well, consistently;
2) Maintain professionalism; and
3) Get along with your roommate like mature adults.

If you can do the above, you will be just FINE!

From,

A wellwisher.
Pros
one of the few companies actually hiring linguists, not just making promises.
Cons
none significant
Fun Exciting place to work at, Love my job
Linguist (Current Employee) –  Gtmo, CubaFebruary 19, 2013
I have been working for this company for approximately 7 months, during of which I have had my ups and downs, but nothing major,, the company over all does a great job, it is hard to keep everyone happy, people tend to judge others completely overlooking their faults, CWU just like any other company has to manage in order to sustain in business, and basic rule of any successful entity is to generate profit in order to sustain in business, now if CWU had to reduce its bid to win the contract from the Department of Defense, it is obvious and only expected salaries for linguists will be reduced, it is common sense, no company will sustain in business if their focal point is to only make sure all of their employees are 100% of the time happy. I have seen so many scenarios where the linguists complain about issues that no company on this planet would tolerate, and I have always voiced my opinion. I have had no issues with the management, I am always treated with respect and courtesy, what can one expect more? linguists tend to blame the company for some of it's rules, completely overlooking CWU's obligations to it's client, which the military. It is easy to point the figure at the company, I have sat down through town hall meetings, the Managers or director has tried to be as honest as possible and by the same token respectful, yet there were still those that complained, I have previously held positions with great responsibilities managing over 40 employees, and I know how hard it is to keep everyone satisfied. Linguists have complained about the compensation package I am one of  more... those lol; however, it was decision to join and CWU did not force me to accept the offer lets be fare people, GREAT COMPANY GREAT MANAGEMENT GREAT CEO's, some people look at a glass half empty and others see it as half full!  less
Pros
great management and ceos
Cons
am not making 300, 000 a year loool
Reputable company and staff
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee) –  GTMO, CubaFebruary 19, 2013
This is a young company who is trying very hard to meet customers' needs and successfully satisfy its employees, during very tough economic times, where the Department of Defense is facing government mandated cuts and low budget contracts. Work schedule is great; there is plenty of time to do whatever you wish to do. Well managed, professional, hard working, and very helpful type of staff. Small community where everyone knows each other.
Pros
small company where employees are recognized and well treated
“worst company ever with the greediest ceo ever!!! worst job experience ever!!!”
Linguist (Former Employee) –  GTMOJanuary 12, 2013
Clueless CEO. You will get so tired of dealing with unethical, immoral and the harsh attitudes that the upper managers express towards their employees. I cannot tell you the number of times I've sat in meetings and heard the general manager or other upper management talk about their linguist as if they are worthless slaves. The employees would see their rights taken away just like that. But no one can say any thing because every one has seen what has happened to those who opened their mouth on the management. They will give up all your rights to reduce cost and increase profits. All linguist!!! STAY AWAY from this company.
Pros
absolutely none there is nothing pro about cwu
Cons
greedy owner, cheap pay, no benefits, horrible company to work in, extremely poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CWU, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8