CWU, Inc

CWU, Inc Employer Reviews

Linguist Job
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee), GTMOAugust 3, 2014
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong analysis, research, and problem solving skills in deadline driven environments.
• Five years experience working with the U.S. military in Iraq as a Arabic and Kurdish linguist.
• Fluent in English, Arabic and Kurdish.
• Native Iraqi with a vast knowledge of the Iraqi culture and people.
• Worked in a position requiring a CAT II clearance
• Willing to relocate to any country.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook
good to great
Civilian Role Player (CRP) (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: everyone is caring!
Cons: they need for more structure among the groups!
It was a special kind of place to work, only a military minded person would truly understand!
Professional people to work with
Linguist (Former Employee), GITMODecember 5, 2013
Pros: professional administrative, reasonable heath care, recognition of quality work.
Cons: the only con would be other linguist you have to deal with.
Great company to work for. Excellent management. Small enough to hear your voice yet big enough to offer a good paying job.
Secure job with good benefits
Linguist (Current Employee), GTMOMarch 27, 2013
Pros: safe environment to work in, plus an excellant living condition
Cons: flexable working hours
During my last 10 years of working as a linguist, utilizing my linguistic skills for several corporations, I have discovered working for a small company is much preferable than working for large ones. My reason for feeling this way, is that with the company management is one where your voice can be easily heard by the senior positioned personnel of the company comparing it to the large ones. And during my working experience with CWU-INC, I personally feel more comfortable and happier yet, grateful to work under the professionalism, skilled leadership and excellent performing management staff of CWU-Inc. Who care enough to follow up on their employees health condition while on sick leave as if they are member of your family. Thus regrettably, there has been few ungrateful individuals who try to discredit and falsely misrepresent the company’s name and reputation. I strongly and highly recommend this company who respect and take care of its employees (family members) for those who are seeking a linguist position job out there!!
Secure job with good benefits
Linguist (Current Employee), GTMOMarch 27, 2013
Pros: safe environment to work in, plus an excellant living condition
Cons: flexable working hours
A 5 star company
Role Player (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJMarch 3, 2013
Great company to work for, management team and staff are very professional and friendly.

March 27, 2013

During my last 10 years of working as a linguist, utilizing my linguistic skills for several corporations, I have discovered working for a small company is much preferable than working for large ones. My reason for feeling this way, is that with the company management is one where your voice can be easily heard by the senior positioned personnel of the company comparing it to the large ones. And during my working experience with CWU-INC, I personally feel more comfortable and happier yet, grateful to work under the professionalism, skilled leadership and excellent performing management staff of CWU-INC. Who care enough to follow up on their employees health condition when while on sick leave as if they are member of your family. Thus regrettably, there has been few ungrateful individuals who try to discredit and falsely misrepresent the company’s name and reputation. I strongly and highly recommend this company who respect and take care of its employees (family members) for those who are seeking a linguist position job out there!!

An excellent small company to grow your career with!
Linguist (Current Employee), GTMOFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: work schedule
Cons: less money, but i'd blame it on the big brother! lol
CWU, Inc. is rising to be a strong leader providing professional linguistic services to the US government. I have been working for them since they were awarded their first major contract. I can say that I am happy working for them. I even recommended this company to several of my linguist friends!

The owners listened to our concerns from day one when they first came to the island. Of course, they cannot please everyone, but disgruntled employees can be found in any given company.

The headquarter and the theater management listen to us. They stay in the office beyond their office hours just to have their doors open for us. They are fair, too.

They also provide trainings to improve the quality of their linguists. I'll work for a company such as this who is willing to invest in their employees' professional development!

Overall, you can grow your career with this company. They always keep the employees updated on whatever other opportunity they may have.
You can be as successful at CWU as YOU want to be!
CAT-II Linguist at CWU, Inc. (Current Employee), OCONUSFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: one of the few companies actually hiring linguists, not just making promises.
Cons: none significant
Let's face it: linguist jobs are drying out. With thousands and thousands of linguists returning from Iraq and Afghanistan and unable to find work, the applicant competition is getting tougher and tougher and the selection bar is rising higher and higher. Only the fittest will survive. If you are one of the "fit" ones, you will do just fine at CWU.

The management at CWU tries very hard to keep everyone happy. However, know that our entire linguist workday is managed by the government client, not by CWU. The CWU benefits package is quite generous - better than most private sector companies.

If you do get hired at CWU, here is your formula for success:

1) Perform your job well, consistently;
2) Maintain professionalism; and
3) Get along with your roommate like mature adults.

If you can do the above, you will be just FINE!

From,

A wellwisher.
You can be as successful at CWU as YOU want to be!
CAT-II Linguist at CWU, Inc. (Current Employee), OCONUSFebruary 21, 2013
Cons: none significant

If you do get hired at CWU, here is your formula for success:

1) Perform your job well, consistently;
2) Maintain professionalism; and
3) Get along with your roommate like mature adults.

If you can do the above, you will be just FINE!

From,

A wellwisher.
Fun Exciting place to work at, Love my job
Linguist (Current Employee), Gtmo, CubaFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: great management and ceos
Cons: am not making 300, 000 a year loool
I have been working for this company for approximately 7 months, during of which I have had my ups and downs, but nothing major,, the company over all does a great job, it is hard to keep everyone happy, people tend to judge others completely overlooking their faults, CWU just like any other company has to manage in order to sustain in business, and basic rule of any successful entity is to generate profit in order to sustain in business, now if CWU had to reduce its bid to win the contract from the Department of Defense, it is obvious and only expected salaries for linguists will be reduced, it is common sense, no company will sustain in business if their focal point is to only make sure all of their employees are 100% of the time happy. I have seen so many scenarios where the linguists complain about issues that no company on this planet would tolerate, and I have always voiced my opinion. I have had no issues with the management, I am always treated with respect and courtesy, what can one expect more? linguists tend to blame the company for some of it's rules, completely overlooking CWU's obligations to it's client, which the military. It is easy to point the figure at the company, I have sat down through town hall meetings, the Managers or director has tried to be as honest as possible and by the same token respectful, yet there were still those that complained, I have previously held positions with great responsibilities managing over 40 employees, and I know how hard it is to keep everyone satisfied. Linguists have complained about the compensation package I am one of those lol; however, it was decision to join and CWU did not force me to accept the offer lets be fare people, GREAT COMPANY GREAT MANAGEMENT GREAT CEO's, some people look at a glass half empty and others see it as half full!
Reputable company and staff
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee), GTMO, CubaFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: small company where employees are recognized and well treated
This is a young company who is trying very hard to meet customers' needs and successfully satisfy its employees, during very tough economic times, where the Department of Defense is facing government mandated cuts and low budget contracts. Work schedule is great; there is plenty of time to do whatever you wish to do. Well managed, professional, hard working, and very helpful type of staff. Small community where everyone knows each other.
“worst company ever with the greediest ceo ever!!! worst job experience ever!!!”
Linguist (Former Employee), GTMOJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: absolutely none there is nothing pro about cwu
Cons: greedy owner, cheap pay, no benefits, horrible company to work in, extremely poor management
Clueless CEO. You will get so tired of dealing with unethical, immoral and the harsh attitudes that the upper managers express towards their employees. I cannot tell you the number of times I've sat in meetings and heard the general manager or other upper management talk about their linguist as if they are worthless slaves. The employees would see their rights taken away just like that. But no one can say any thing because every one has seen what has happened to those who opened their mouth on the management. They will give up all your rights to reduce cost and increase profits. All linguist!!! STAY AWAY from this company.

February 18, 2013

That was the cruelest comment I've ever read. Absolutely a false statement about CWU management and its staff. I personally think CWU always seeks out to work with its staff to make sure things are running smoothly and efficiently. I would have not made the transition from CSMI TO CWU if it had not been for the positive attitudes and work ethic of the entire CWU's personnel . I've had the opportunity to talk to various CWU's upper management personnel from CEO all the way to administrative staff; I am certainly pleased with their professionalism and dedication in striving for excellence and getting the job done without disparaging , degrading or patronizing its employees. As a current employee of CWU, I would sharply dismiss the coward comments made by one of the former employees. Ergo, let us move on and work cooperatively to make CWU proud and prosperous !

February 19, 2013

I have been a linguist for a almost 5 years, worked inside Iraq for a while, transitioned from one company to another due to transfer of contract. In all honesty I have not met one linguist that had anything positive to say about all those hiring companies, it is unfortunate that linguists, based on what I have perceived over the past few years, Linguist have always downgraded their hiring companies, it is the same trend, linguists would consistently call and plead to the hiring companies to be hired and once hired they turn against the hiring company and claim the hiring company is unjust and use unfair tactics and practices that aggravate the linguists. Well the grass is not always greener on the other side, my prospective about the whole situation is, companies need to profit in order to sustain in business long enough to provide opportunities to linguists, simple logic, and one needs to address issues from all prospective and not from his own prospective only, and have a clear understanding that companies or corporations small big, all abide by the same rules, CWU is no different from all of the other hiring companies they do their best to please their employees, am an employee of CWU, and all honesty I have been upset on a couple of calls that were made by CWU but I would not go to the extend in bashing the company, let us assess our selves first let us take a good long look at ourselves before we lash out on CWU, I myself on numerous occasions wondered why on earth did this linguist get hired? it is very easy to criticizes others and not yourself, I myself have a very – more... positive prospective of CWU and all the respect for its staff and their CEOs, am not saying all this to gain personal advantage am simply saying what my conscious is telling me, my advice to the readers is, please before you pass on a judgment on CWU and its staff or CEOs, consider what I have said and be honest with yourself in assessing this wonderful company, I until today get linguists constantly calling me from home asking me to please help them get on bored with CWU, simply if you’re not happy with CWU, and am not trying to offend anyone and as politically correct as am trying to be, there are many other linguists that are more than willing to acquire your position. I have had nothing but respect from my managers, we had our ups and downs but I love and respect their approach in management. Just because my relation as an employee of CWU was dissolved due to my attitude does not grant me the right to discredit the company's reputation – less

February 22, 2013

This is an example of a disgruntled employee. Also, there are always two sides to every coin. To diss an employer in public media such as this, it does not make the person who left this comment right, either. I've seen how hard this company works for their employees. They listen to us! They know how valuable we are to them. Working for this company has caused me to push myself positively, and I am all the better for it, and I hope that I can contribute to the success here in the long run as well.

April 9, 2013

You got switched from CSMI to CWU becuase you didnt have any other choice, CWU was and still is switching everyone from CSMI to CWU.

About CWU, Inc

CWU provides a broad spectrum of support services, primarily to the Department Of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Department – Read more