CyberCoders Employee Reviews

Great culture but low chance of real success
Executive Recruiter/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2017
CyberCoders offers an amazing opportunity to change your life and make real money...100K+ a year. What they don't tell you is how hard it is to do that and how few actually make it long-term or make it past 6 months. 100% commission sales positions, 10-12 hour days for first couple years, doing business development (cold calling, getting manager names from candidates, scanning job websites and Linkedin to find managers and emails, etc) 3+ hours a day everyday.

Bottomline is, if you aren't passionate and a little lucky after working your butt off, you'll never make it.
Pros
Great people and culture, awesome company parties, great opportunity
Cons
Little too good to be true long-term, 1 in 1000 probably make it past 5 years
Rough
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 30, 2017
You have to have a certain type of attitude to work here knowing that you have to put in a ton of work to get by. I would say if you are a generally lucky person, this is perfect for you.
Great company to work for
Senior Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 23, 2017
This is a great company to works for. The management is very helpful and provide great training to ensure you are successful. It is a high energy environment and everyone wants you to do well.
Good work environment
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAMay 3, 2017
Contract position with financial software company.
Management was stuffy and provided poor guidance.
Associates friendly, supportive, and provided guidance.
Lots of tools
Senior Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 24, 2017
You have lots of freedom here and a ton of tools. However, management is terrible and they do not manage whatsoever. Also, once they became public they really started to not care about their employees so there is 25% turnover EVERY quarter.

Very political, but it can work to your advantage.

Great you can work in any market and recruit for any position, but their system is only set-up to recruit for technology roles appropriately.

Solid place to work if you are very experienced, otherwise this wouldn't be your best option.
Pros
Flex hours, casual, good commission
Cons
Does not value employees, terrible management, backstabbing
Fun place to work, performance based.
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Fun place to work, performance based. Business development focus to find new clients. full desk recruiting. uncapped commission, great culture. long hours, 100% commission
Pros
uncapped commission, great culture
Cons
long hours, 100% commission
Great entry level sales experience
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Great training program is provided to help provide insight into the workplace environment and responsibilities. The work environment is cut-throat after the training period with lots of turnover and will require lots of time building business development.
Pros
Lots of snacks
Cons
Lots of overtime work
Positive work place to peace of mind
Salesforce Developer and Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 2, 2016
As a selection representative you figure out how to construct your business starting with no outside help. You buckle down putting in 10-12 hour days, yet it will pay off in the event that you keep at it. Try not to enter this occupation supposing you can bear to be lethargic else you WILL fizzle. Great commission setup is fine for a few people however unquestionably not everybody. Youthful air and positive vibes all around.
Pros
great benefits and great work environment
Fun culture
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 7, 2016
Fun culture and work environment
Great money opportunity
Great growth opportunity
Unlimited Snacks
Ability to work remote
Great company parties
Solid Company
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 26, 2016
CyberCoders is a solid culture company. The people and most management are very strong and are willing to assist in any way possible. It is not a 9 to 5 so you definitely need to be ready to work long hours to be successful.
Work here if you have a solid book of clients and they aren't already taken by other recruiters
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 26, 2016
Sink or Swim. Management is very hands off, even if you do well you can get swept in layoffs. Company is not going in the right direction and their approach is very bullish. Plenty of potential clients/candidates would not work with me due to the "stigma" of working with Cybercoders. It is truly a double edged sword.
Pros
Opportunity to make alot of money
Cons
Market is saturated by bad recruiters, the top billers feast while the bottom billers famish
fortune 100
Full Desk Recruiter/Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 21, 2016
allstate is a fortune 100 company that is a great experience to gain professionalism and experience. Really fun coworkers
Awesome environment, people and amenities. CyberCoders creates a positive work environment for all employees.
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 22, 2016
As a recruiter you learn to build your business from scratch. You work hard putting in 10-12 hour days, but it will pay off if you keep at it. Do not enter this job thinking you can afford to be lazy else you WILL fail. 100% commission setup is fine for some people but definitely not everyone. Young atmosphere and positive vibes all around.
Pros
Stocked snack bar
Cons
TOP health care offering from Blue Anthem at no cost
Ran a full desk for technical staffing
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston MAOctober 15, 2015
I managed a database of clients and candidates. I did all my own business development by cold calls, emails, linkedin inmails and referrals. I sourced for candidates and matched them with my client staffing needs. Negotiated pay and bill rates and coordinated interviews and placements
Pros
great benefits and great work environment
Loved working for CyberCoders
SEO Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 9, 2015
CyberCoders is becoming a giant staffing firm the industry - and rightfully so! They are surrounded with so much talent from everyone in the organization.
Very fun work place!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 14, 2015
Great place to work at! Company culture is great. Love the people and atmosphere.Like the saying goes"work hard play harder"!!
CyberCoders
admin (Former Employee) –  ClevelandJuly 30, 2014
CyberCoders is very unprofessional.
Money hoarders
they will call you all the time just to make the quota
Technologically cutting edge Recruiting company in support of their client base.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2014
A good supportive company and they provide pay reflective of the level of experience of the candidate.
Pros
Very good customer service to employees.
Cons
Located in Califiornia PST Zone (phone communications must scheduled accomodate PST business hours.
Horrible Place To Work
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAApril 28, 2014
I worked for Cybercoders for about 4-months. I had heard many good things about them over the years so I was excited to be offered a position to join the team. Unfortunately, from the day I started I saw a lot of red flags that reminded me a lot of another large, international recruiting firm (RHI) where I previously worked. CC has a churn and burn environment and they micromanage you - pulling up reports throughout the day on your activity.

They have a TON of meetings - team meetings, company wide meetings, individual meetings - EVERY WEEK!

Over the 4 months I was there people quit or were being fired practically every week. The 3 new people on my team that started the same day as I did, were gone within 4 months.

Yes, they did have cool quarterly sales party's at an ocean front resort in Orange County. And a summer party that was a blast! But aside from that, the work environment was tedious.

You had to achieve a certain # of "CA's" per week (Cyber Actions) that you earn by securing a new job order from a client, submitting candidates for open jobs and scheduling in-person interviews between your candidate and client. If you don't meet the required number of CA's, you must attend what I referred to as a "dunce or disciplinary" training session for each week you missed the mark...driving 1.5 to 2 hours from their Playa Vista location to Irvine for a 45 minute meeting. Basically, taking up your entire day of productivity when the reason you're having to attend this meeting in the first place is because of what they deem your lack of productivity.

Unfortunately,
  more... if you have several job orders open with different clients for the same type of position, the candidates you submit only counts for 1 CA, even if you submit the same candidate to 5 different clients. So you're constantly scrambling to meet your CA numbers. A lot of people found ways to trick the system into thinking they earned CA's in order to avoid disciplinary action.

WE ARE THERE TO WORK, not to surf the net or mess around so treating us like children is unnecessary.

I placed four full time placements within the first 4 months I was there at a profit of almost $100k for the company, but when I called in sick one day when I was supposed to attend one of these disciplinary meetings in Irvine, I was called that very morning and told "this isn't working out". Yes, I was fired.

I was shocked and surprised. I reminded my manager that we had just met a few days prior and he said I was doing well and making good progress. I could tell he was annoyed I had called in sick rather than drive to Irvine. He just repeated himself "this isn't working out".

I do not recommend Cybercoders to fellow recruiters. It's a cut throat, micromanaging, churn and burn environment. Plus, you're on a draw, so you may as well just work as an independent recruiter rather than share your profits with the company because you're responsible for 100% of your own salary anyway.
Pros
Fun party's and lunches, free snacks and beverages in the kitchen
Cons
poor management, micromanaging environment, churn & burn, a lot of meetings, salary is on a draw
Obstacle between you and prospective employers
Not an employee (Former Employee) –  Not an employeeApril 24, 2014
Over the years I've seen many many jobs from Cybercoders for which I felt I was well qualified, but have never landed so much as a phone screen when applying through them.

Cybercoders reason for being is to insert themselves between you and any prospective employers and extort money from those who might find you a promising candidate. Your interest or potential suitability for a job makes no difference to them, your resume won't leave their computers unless they think they can get a commission out of it.

It takes more legwork, but try to filter out Cybercoder ads, target job searches to only return actual employer generated positions and send them your resume directly. You won't get every job you apply for, but at least you don't have to meet some anonymous recruiter's commission checklist before employers see your resume.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CyberCoders. Our community is ready to answer.