Local IT Service Provider is looking for a system administrator. Our company supports a diverse range of clients with equally diverse technologies. We strive to bring cutting-edge enterprise technologies to mid-size businesses.
The ideal candidate has excellent verbal & written communications skills and experience on the phone with customers. Must be customer oriented with a strong customer service background. Applicant should be mature, self-motivated, flexible, and a team-oriented individual. Applicant will demonstrate self-discipline and time management skills in completion of their day to day tasks.
This person will be a part of a growing and dedicated support team, assisting customers with technical issues. Technician will also be responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships and ensuring that company policies and procedures are followed. The ideal candidate will enjoy technical challenges, customer interaction, and work in a fast paced, collaborative and professional team environment.
Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network and application issues. Provide resolution to Level-1 service issues including:
- Microsoft Windows XP,VISTA, 7,8
- Basic Microsoft Exchange User Adds Changes
- Active Directory User Change Adds & Permissions
- Firewall/Network/VPN Connectivity Configurations
- Terminal Services configurations and support
- Backup/Disaster Recovery
- ActiveSync Mobile Phone setup & configurations
- Copier network & network scanning setup
- Hypervisor (Hyper-V) experience a plus
- Microsoft Server Migration Experience (desirable)
- Cultivate and maintain a positive and professional rapport with end-users.
- Effectively communicate technical ideas and instructions to non-technical end users
- Establish strong working relationships with clients so that you can make technical recommendations for process improvement
- Work with Sales to coordinate equipment and software purchases for clients
- Update Technical Documentation as needed in RMM tool.
- Take ownership of technical issues or projects throughout all phases, including orders, provisioning, escalation, and interaction with third parties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- A+ Network+ MCP and strong understanding of DNS
- Proficient support skills within the Microsoft environment
- Valid Driver’s License and insured Motor Vehicle available for occasional client calls
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data management, project management and analytical skills
- Accessible via mobile phone and email during off-hours
- Detail oriented, follows and implements corporate procedures and policies
Compensation Info (Salary Depending on Experience)
- Performance-based bonus based on utilization of hours & performance & reviews
- 15 paid days off (including vacation, sick and personal days) per year
- Major Medical, Dental provided + AFLAC (company paid personal policy)
- Mobile phone stipend (company provided, for business only)
- Company paid Exams for Microsoft & Comptia. (one per quarter, up to 4 per year)
- Travel Expense Mileage company paid
- Annual Salary
If you are a 8-5 type of person, no need to apply. We are looking to add people who understand the need for off hours work and weekend projects from time to time.
Must have a strong attention to detail, excellent verbal written skills with documentation.