SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
To set-up, adjust and operate welding and sheet metal equipment to produce high quality products to required specifications.
- Perform a series of progressive sheet metal/forming operations to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications.
- Work from programmed operational data and instructions defining back gauge requirements
- Knowledge of bend allowances/sequences, etc. as it applies to various metals.
- Must be familiar with sheet metal equipment such press brakes, shears, lasers, rolls, etc.
- Must work from drawings, specifications & be able to read blueprints with understanding of detailed drawing weldments.
- Responsible for machine daily maintenance checks.
- Must have ability to perform in process measurements & keep parts in statistical process control.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of programs, fixtures, and tooling.
- Perform a series of progressive welding operations to drawing tolerances and specifications.
- Work from operational data and instructions defining job requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of MIG and TIG welding on steel, aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Mig welds will be within the range ofrange of ¼” to ½”.
Also able to weld from 16 gauge to 1.5”. shop work required
Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible to keep clean, orderly, and safe work areas.
- Must be capable to produce aesthetic welds and precision manufacturer.
- High School Education with Vo-Tech or Technical School background, or equivalent
- knowledge of sheet metal and welding techniques and methods.
- Excellent mechanical ability is highly desirable.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and engage in pushing/pulling actions.
- Must have3-5 years of experience working in welding.
- Experience in other fabricating processes is beneficial.
- Must be available to work up to 10 hours of overtime per week.
Indeed - 11 months ago