Cymer Employee Reviews in United States

Cymer is a great company to work for.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 22, 2015
Fun work place with very supportive management. Very aggressive company if your up for the task. I really enjoyed working with my fellow employees. The greatest part is we are a team and everyone works very well together.
Pros
Best group of people to work with. Great pay and benefits.
Productive and fun work place
Controls Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be me discussing with my boss what he would like to see my program accomplish then going back to my desk and figuring out how to achieve that goal in Matlab.

I improved my skills in matlab, and also I have a better understanding on how to process large amount of information efficiently and effectively.

My co-workers were fun to hang out with outside of work and were helpful if I had a question while at work.

The hardest part about the job was the debugging and improving the program I was writing.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the lunch breaks where I was able to actively socialize with others in the company and meeting the goal set by my boss.
Pros
Variety of food, great culture, challenging, nice co-workers
Cons
Stressful some days
Overall Okay
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2014
You can either have too much work or too little work. Sometimes you are left without guidance and must find projects on your own. Great company for integration/test engineers. As well as System and controls engineers. Not so much for mechanical engineers looking to do mechanical design. Above average pay for San Diego. Great people to work with. EUV will be here for a long time and there is more than enough work to go around. Job security doesn't get any more secure.
Pros
great coworkers, reasonable hours, good benefits, excellent job security
Cons
unorganized management, asml's little puppets, few a-hole managers that will ruin your day
Executive Assistant experience in a high-tech environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2012
I provided administrative support to the Sr. VP of Marketing, and the Sr. Director of Strategic Marketing. I compiled data and assisted in creating product marketing presentation and media packages. I managed two calendars in a fast-pace environment. Each day I would be responsible for typical administrative duties, but also work on larger scope projects. The hardest part of working for this company is that there wasn't a lot of cross-organizational cooperation at the time, causing many people to be frustrated. I don't know why. I continued to remain positive and contribute my highest level of support under all circumstances. I enjoyed learning about technology.
Pros
learning about technology, salary and benefits
Cons
lack of cooperation within the company
good facilities and friendly environment but no future in regular work
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaJune 28, 2014
Lots of frustrated employees when it comes to getting hired as a regular. Most employees; 70 percent are temporary workers. Some have been waiting to get hire as long as 3 to 4 years. Since most are just a temp., there are no benefits; health, sickly leave, etc., as well as no promotions.
Pros
picnics, free drinks; coffee and tea, and friendly atmosphere
Cons
health benefits, advancement, and job security are very poor.
Pushes the limits
Staff Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2015
Great technology, great possibilities & capable of bringing on amazing experienced talent. You learn to push yourself beyond any limits you thought you would ever reach.
Great exposure to engineers and semiconductor industry
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 6, 2015
A great place and my first exposure to the semiconductor industry. Had a great opportunity to meet people through various depts and learn how they help achieve Cymers goals.
A vast majority of the end-users are remote and in different countries, which brought interesting obstacles that were hurdled.
Great, fast pace environment
Human Resources Program Representative (Current Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 18, 2012
Surrounded by intelligent, hard working individuals who are all dedicated to their jobs. As a recent grad, I've been able to network and meet upper management as well as attend events specifically for recent grads.
Pros
cafeteria on site, good benefits
Panic, blame game, cliques. Stay away
Nope (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 18, 2015
Innovation the unethical way. Look elsewhere for your next move. Run don't walk.
New CEO of LS division may make a difference but who knows. Right now it's a complete cluster.
Pros
Cons far outweigh the pros.
Fun Place to work, smart people!
Senior Master Planner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2015
I really like working at Cymer. Its a great company to grow with. I was happy to be surrounded by helpful and smart people during my time here. I would definitely recommend working at Cymer

Want to know more about Cymer?

Ask a question
Unporductive and miserable place to work at
Operations Planner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
The most stressful and nauseating places a person could work at. Everyday is a new panic. They would rather go to meetings and point fingers, than get things changed. Thank yous are few and far between, if you do fix something.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Panic, epic amounts of stress, no continuity, blame game experts, and issues go under a rug.
Great place to work if you enjoy a challenge!
Senior Production Planner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
Very fast paced working environment. Great co-workers. Constantly taking on new challenges. A great sense of accomplishment at the end of the day
Pros
Very generous company
Cons
Advancement is difficult
Great Company
Research and Development Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2012
Great company to work for. Incredibly innovative R and D staff and a very creative environment.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
layoffs, and then more layoffs
Review
Product Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2012
Great challenge to accomplish with great people. Near beach so I watched dolphins on my lunch hour.
Pros
great benefits, good people
Cons
very small pay increase
Disorganized
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 28, 2012
While their products and work can be interesting and rewarding at times, their upper management is totally unaware of the effort it takes to get them to work and rather than entrusting their first-line managers and workers to provide bottoms-up subtasks and schedules, they simply place arbitrary deadline on ill defined tasks and expect them to be met.

Cymer has a lot of good, smart, hardworking people in their rank-and-file but unfortunately they do not always get the respect and appreciation they deserve.
Pros
potential for interesting work
Cons
arrogant upper management
Friendly Environment
Embedded Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2015
It was a great company to work for all the tasks where easy to me since i do enjoy talking to people and providing great customer service. I learned how to be professional and communicate in a more business environment.
Good with future growing
Bonding Materials Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2015
Fast past working environment with lots of smart engineers and scientists. Most workers come with good life-work balance. Weather in San Diego is pleasant.
Productive and fun place to work
OPTICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2015
Learned various abilities as a technician. Obtained various troubleshooting techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my fellow co-workers.
Fast paced environment with cutting edge technology
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJanuary 26, 2015
Cymer is a very fast paced company with a great culture. They are working with bleeding edge technology.
Productive and fun workplace
Tech Writer contractor (Former Employee) –  San DiegoApril 2, 2014
Cymer is not about micro-management. Even going thru the acquisition, they have managed to keep from getting weird. A typical day at work is productive, and yet breaks are encouraged. Co-workers are professional and yet will take the time for a friendly chat.
Pros
professional, friendly, and supportive
Cons
merger/acquisition challenges at this time

2.7