Cymer Employee Reviews

poor management, stressful culture
Intel, Ocotillo - Field Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 18, 2017
Location: Chandler
Job: Field support

Poor management, long working hours, , lack of appreciation and no advancement makes Cymer a poor place to work, Pay is OK,
Awesome place
Senior EUV Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 7, 2017
Cymer,

Is an awesome place to work. The culture and the staff is great, they have true family environment.
Management provide and open door policy to make it easy to talk about your career path and problems.
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2017
I interned at Cymer for 6 months and it was a really good learning experience!!
Everyone was helpful and willing to share knowledge and were very supportive of the interns.

Additionally, the firm does a good job of integrating the workers too reate a great work atmosphere
Secure job
Electromechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2017
Iliked working at cymer good work enrionment and work hours good mornign shift jus that the managemnt had his buddies and there was a laot of abotage on work station other employees hated the fact the superviosr liekd me
Poor Management Mafia Culture
EUV Laser Production Test Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAAugust 21, 2017
The culture at Cymer is very cutthroat. If your not in the in Crowd then you will be let go. There is no advancement unless you are in the in crowd. The leadership only advances their own
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Poor Leadership and management Mafia Culture
awesome place to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
this was a fun place to work for and the staff is really nice. the really care about you and if you need to adjust your scheduled on the fly they will work with you
Working with brilliant colleagues and customers
Director Service Business Product Management (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2017
At Cymer and it's customer base, there are a lot of brilliant colleagues and customers to directly interact with. You will find the worlds authorities in their respective technology field. It raises the bar, and keeps you on your toes. I like to continue learning about new technologies and processes, and be challenged to understand them.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits
Cons
Many management changes
good people to work with
Droplet Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2017
Its a good company to work for if your hired. Its a very diverse company with many ethnicities. My job wasn't to stressful, you just got to have good work ethic and time management. I learned to be more patient.
Pros
good people
Cons
temp workers
Cutting edge tech, opportunity to travel worldwide
Source Field Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2017
You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology that will make a difference in the world. Fast paced. Smart employees. Does NOT have a "big corporate" feel.
Internship - worth it
Thermal Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2017
The internship program was a great learning experience with fun and some great lecture series to strengthen our profile
productive and fun environment with ping pong table
Python Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2016
work is good. one will enjoy working here in this environment.

My co-workers are very friendly. Fun job if you enjoy staying updated on technology Management is really good.
Technical Course Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2016
Cymer is a good place to work. People there are great but seem understaffed in every department for the amount of work needing to be accomplished which does not always support a great worklife balanace. But Cymer does have some really great benefits and does great things with the San diego community.
Challenging work environment but recent merger lacks overall company direction for some groups
Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2016
Cymer is a challenging and energetic place to work. Brilliant and very driven people. Middle Management is very supportive and cooperative.
Fun to work with other Manufacturing Technician
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2016
Receives materials from other warehouse and to be entered through SAP.

Delivers material to different work centers and technicians.

Production employee made it easy for me to interact and work with them which is why I enjoyed working there.

Being the only 1 employee responsible for 2nd shift which made my job hard because of the limited resources and lack of communication

Improved my communications skills and learned to interact with the management regarding job related issues on how to solve them.
Pros
own laptop to work, vouchers for boots and a bag
Cons
Temp job only
Pushes the limits
Staff Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2015
Great technology, great possibilities & capable of bringing on amazing experienced talent. You learn to push yourself beyond any limits you thought you would ever reach.
Fun Place to work, smart people!
Senior Master Planner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2015
I really like working at Cymer. Its a great company to grow with. I was happy to be surrounded by helpful and smart people during my time here. I would definitely recommend working at Cymer
Great exposure to engineers and semiconductor industry
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 6, 2015
A great place and my first exposure to the semiconductor industry. Had a great opportunity to meet people through various depts and learn how they help achieve Cymers goals.
A vast majority of the end-users are remote and in different countries, which brought interesting obstacles that were hurdled.
Productive and fun work place
Controls Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be me discussing with my boss what he would like to see my program accomplish then going back to my desk and figuring out how to achieve that goal in Matlab.

I improved my skills in matlab, and also I have a better understanding on how to process large amount of information efficiently and effectively.

My co-workers were fun to hang out with outside of work and were helpful if I had a question while at work.

The hardest part about the job was the debugging and improving the program I was writing.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the lunch breaks where I was able to actively socialize with others in the company and meeting the goal set by my boss.
Pros
Variety of food, great culture, challenging, nice co-workers
Cons
Stressful some days
Cymer is a great company to work for.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 22, 2015
Fun work place with very supportive management. Very aggressive company if your up for the task. I really enjoyed working with my fellow employees. The greatest part is we are a team and everyone works very well together.
Pros
Best group of people to work with. Great pay and benefits.
Panic, blame game, cliques. Stay away
Nope (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 18, 2015
Innovation the unethical way. Look elsewhere for your next move. Run don't walk.
New CEO of LS division may make a difference but who knows. Right now it's a complete cluster.
Pros
Cons far outweigh the pros.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cymer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9