Cymer

Cymer Employer Reviews

Cymer as it is
Windows 7 Packaging Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 25, 2014
Pros: a lot of hr activitites that involves workers and families.
Cons: management style needs improvement
Nice little company in RB, got bought by ASML, a Dutch company. The transition was a mess however they're the only of the few company in this business niche so I think they will be fine in the long run. Made a lot of friends there a long the way.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 18, 2014
Not much chemistry in the workplace. Treated as pieces of equipment and not employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Tech Writer contractor (Former Employee), San DiegoApril 2, 2014
Pros: professional, friendly, and supportive
Cons: merger/acquisition challenges at this time
Cymer is not about micro-management. Even going thru the acquisition, they have managed to keep from getting weird. A typical day at work is productive, and yet breaks are encouraged. Co-workers are professional and yet will take the time for a friendly chat.
A challenging but rewarding place to work
Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: cafe on campus
The most enjoyable part of the position was interacting with a diverse group of people.
Overall Okay
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, reasonable hours, good benefits, excellent job security
Cons: unorganized management, asml's little puppets, few a-hole managers that will ruin your day
You can either have too much work or too little work. Sometimes you are left without guidance and must find projects on your own. Great company for integration/test engineers. As well as System and controls engineers. Not so much for mechanical engineers looking to do mechanical design. Above average pay for San Diego. Great people to work with. EUV – more... will be here for a long time and there is more than enough work to go around. Job security doesn't get any more secure. – less
Lay off is common yearly
Laser Test Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2013
Company regularly lay off workers. Not a stable company to work for.
Company Hires for three month contract spands
DPG Sr. Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2013
Pros: the onsite cafe' for lunch
Cons: no group approval
First company I worked for that reviewed you every three months for availablity to work for them. Work as a contract for QualStaff to Cymer. The communication controls where interesting for one did not know if you had a job; very stressful. One would do their best but the culture did not allow for contract indiviuals to be part of the goal growth.
Great, fast pace environment
Human Resources Program Representative (Current Employee), San DiegoOctober 18, 2012
Pros: cafeteria on site, good benefits
Surrounded by intelligent, hard working individuals who are all dedicated to their jobs. As a recent grad, I've been able to network and meet upper management as well as attend events specifically for recent grads.
Disorganized
Engineer (Current Employee), San DiegoSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: potential for interesting work
Cons: arrogant upper management
While their products and work can be interesting and rewarding at times, their upper management is totally unaware of the effort it takes to get them to work and rather than entrusting their first-line managers and workers to provide bottoms-up subtasks and schedules, they simply place arbitrary deadline on ill defined tasks and expect them to be met.

Cymer – more... has a lot of good, smart, hardworking people in their rank-and-file but unfortunately they do not always get the respect and appreciation they deserve. – less
Great Company
Research and Development Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: layoffs, and then more layoffs
Great company to work for. Incredibly innovative R and D staff and a very creative environment.
Cymer rewards well those who are driven to be the best!
Director, Learning and Organization Development (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: growth company in unique industry
Cons: have yet to master the cycles in its industry
I learned a lot at Cymer. A very challenging environment. It's an exciting place to be (growth industry, etc.)
Executive Assistant experience in a high-tech environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: learning about technology, salary and benefits
Cons: lack of cooperation within the company
I provided administrative support to the Sr. VP of Marketing, and the Sr. Director of Strategic Marketing. I compiled data and assisted in creating product marketing presentation and media packages. I managed two calendars in a fast-pace environment. Each day I would be responsible for typical administrative duties, but also work on larger scope projects. – more... The hardest part of working for this company is that there wasn't a lot of cross-organizational cooperation at the time, causing many people to be frustrated. I don't know why. I continued to remain positive and contribute my highest level of support under all circumstances. I enjoyed learning about technology. – less
Review
Product Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: great benefits, good people
Cons: very small pay increase
Great challenge to accomplish with great people. Near beach so I watched dolphins on my lunch hour.
Fun Environment
Accounts Payable Coordinator III (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2012
Pros: team and cafe
Cons: lay offs
One of the best places to work. The workload is high volume, but the team you work with makes it all worth it. Fun ways to bond with team building and creative meeetings!
Good company
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMarch 27, 2012
Very good training at the factory. Great product. I enjoyed my time with Cymer.

About Cymer

Leading the Light Generation Cymer has been the lithography light source leader for – Read more