Cymer Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work, smart people!
Senior Master Planner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2015
I really like working at Cymer. Its a great company to grow with. I was happy to be surrounded by helpful and smart people during my time here. I would definitely recommend working at Cymer
Great exposure to engineers and semiconductor industry
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 6, 2015
A great place and my first exposure to the semiconductor industry. Had a great opportunity to meet people through various depts and learn how they help achieve Cymers goals.
A vast majority of the end-users are remote and in different countries, which brought interesting obstacles that were hurdled.
Productive and fun work place
Controls Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be me discussing with my boss what he would like to see my program accomplish then going back to my desk and figuring out how to achieve that goal in Matlab.

I improved my skills in matlab, and also I have a better understanding on how to process large amount of information efficiently and effectively.

My co-workers were fun to hang out with outside of work and were helpful if I had a question while at work.

The hardest part about the job was the debugging and improving the program I was writing.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the lunch breaks where I was able to actively socialize with others in the company and meeting the goal set by my boss.
Pros
Variety of food, great culture, challenging, nice co-workers
Cons
Stressful some days
Cymer is a great company to work for.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 22, 2015
Fun work place with very supportive management. Very aggressive company if your up for the task. I really enjoyed working with my fellow employees. The greatest part is we are a team and everyone works very well together.
Pros
Best group of people to work with. Great pay and benefits.
Panic, blame game, cliques. Stay away
Nope (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 18, 2015
Innovation the unethical way. Look elsewhere for your next move. Run don't walk.
New CEO of LS division may make a difference but who knows. Right now it's a complete cluster.
Pros
Cons far outweigh the pros.
Unporductive and miserable place to work at
Operations Planner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
The most stressful and nauseating places a person could work at. Everyday is a new panic. They would rather go to meetings and point fingers, than get things changed. Thank yous are few and far between, if you do fix something.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Panic, epic amounts of stress, no continuity, blame game experts, and issues go under a rug.
Great place to work if you enjoy a challenge!
Senior Production Planner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
Very fast paced working environment. Great co-workers. Constantly taking on new challenges. A great sense of accomplishment at the end of the day
Pros
Very generous company
Cons
Advancement is difficult
Friendly Environment
Embedded Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2015
It was a great company to work for all the tasks where easy to me since i do enjoy talking to people and providing great customer service. I learned how to be professional and communicate in a more business environment.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE TO WORK
OPTICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2015
Learned various abilities as a technician. Obtained various troubleshooting techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my fellow co-workers.
Good with future growing
Bonding Materials Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2015
Fast past working environment with lots of smart engineers and scientists. Most workers come with good life-work balance. Weather in San Diego is pleasant.
Fast paced environment with cutting edge technology
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJanuary 26, 2015
Cymer is a very fast paced company with a great culture. They are working with bleeding edge technology.
work is balanced through humor
Material Handler/Assistant Planner (Former Employee) –  rancho bernardoOctober 23, 2014
busy, and always learning more new things everyday. You never do what your duties are the more you learn the more things you have to do and the more your job is secure
Fun Internship
Intern, Business/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2014
All employees are very approachable and friendly to cooperate projects.
I am not sure if this place is even around anymore.
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2014
Brake Depot made its debut on the "Turko files" on KUSI news. Apparently this company got busted for selling products consumers didn't need on their vehicle. ouch!!!!
Pros
good experience.
Cons
bad apples ruin a good thing.
good facilities and friendly environment but no future in regular work
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaJune 28, 2014
Lots of frustrated employees when it comes to getting hired as a regular. Most employees; 70 percent are temporary workers. Some have been waiting to get hire as long as 3 to 4 years. Since most are just a temp., there are no benefits; health, sickly leave, etc., as well as no promotions.
Pros
picnics, free drinks; coffee and tea, and friendly atmosphere
Cons
health benefits, advancement, and job security are very poor.
Cymer as it is
Windows 7 Packaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2014
Nice little company in RB, got bought by ASML, a Dutch company. The transition was a mess however they're the only of the few company in this business niche so I think they will be fine in the long run. Made a lot of friends there a long the way.
Pros
a lot of hr activitites that involves workers and families.
Cons
management style needs improvement
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2014
Not much chemistry in the workplace. Treated as pieces of equipment and not employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Tech Writer contractor (Former Employee) –  San DiegoApril 2, 2014
Cymer is not about micro-management. Even going thru the acquisition, they have managed to keep from getting weird. A typical day at work is productive, and yet breaks are encouraged. Co-workers are professional and yet will take the time for a friendly chat.
Pros
professional, friendly, and supportive
Cons
merger/acquisition challenges at this time
A challenging but rewarding place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the position was interacting with a diverse group of people.
Pros
cafe on campus
Overall Okay
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2014
You can either have too much work or too little work. Sometimes you are left without guidance and must find projects on your own. Great company for integration/test engineers. As well as System and controls engineers. Not so much for mechanical engineers looking to do mechanical design. Above average pay for San Diego. Great people to work with. EUV will be here for a long time and there is more than enough work to go around. Job security doesn't get any more secure.
Pros
great coworkers, reasonable hours, good benefits, excellent job security
Cons
unorganized management, asml's little puppets, few a-hole managers that will ruin your day