CymSTAR Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2016
Contract turnover from Lockheed Martin to Cymstar went fairly smoothly. After turnover it took a little getting used to going from an extremely large defense contractor to a much smaller one. For instance when we started with Cymstar they had paper pay statements still in 2012. Well they evolved over the 4 year contract and became a very pleasing company to work for who treated employees with respect and dignity. I enjoyed my time with them.
Management is HORRIBLE
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 4, 2016
A previous review said, "hostile work environment". This is spot on! There is absolutely zero training and if your computer skills are lacking, this is not the place for you. What else... A particular engineer still thinks he is a Captain in the USAF. It's impossible to balance your work and personal life because of the frequent travel. There is a manager in Tucson that insists you call him by his AF call sign, which is really weird to me. Lastly, the most idiotic manager in the history of management is in charge of production. She is actually supported by her bosses, which is bizarre. It's really hard to describe a day in the life of a Field Service Tech. You will soon realize that you're the armpit of this company and if you have to work in Tulsa, get ready to have the desire for alcohol and lots of stress. My advice to management would be to watch Full Metal Jacket, and the scene where Gunnie Heartman tells Pvt. Pile to get on his knees and choke himself, the entire management staff should all replicate this in unison, to include a select few engineers.
Pros
Paid on time. Frequent travel to places with nice golf courses.
Cons
Hostile work environment. LOTS of travel. Horrible management.
If you work for cymstar, 6 month turnover...
Computer Network Technician I (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMay 26, 2016
If you can please avoid this contractor. Does are lack and boring.
I have learned the worst is hidden. Management is by Raytheon and they .....Nearly all workers have PDST and proud they get extra money and more opportunity, Hey they already got paid or they should not have join, it is there choice.
Stay away you do not need a reputation, such as theirs, please.
Pros
Cons
Get ready for new job in 6 months after hire
Program Manager
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 23, 2015
This company is up and coming. I was hired to manage an Army contract and enjoyed it immensely. All the folks there are pros at what they do.
Not a good company to work for!
Unhappy Worker (Former Employee) –  TucsonNovember 13, 2014
I worked for this company on the Air Force base in Tucson. The management was beyond horrible. The work atmosphere was hostile, I will not throw anyone under the bus but if you can do anything to avoid working here my suggestion is to do it. There is no doubt that the management team at HQ (Tulsa) is any better.
Pros
received my peanuts twice a month.
Cons
management and leadership
Challenging but enjoyable place to work with good benefits and ability to advance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2013
CymSTAR is a great place to work at. The compensation (great profit sharing program) and benefits are great. Like in any other, goal oriented company, work/life balance is mixed – it can be great (flexible hours/schedule) and poor (at times working very long hours and on holidays). The best parts of working at CymSTAR are the top to bottom collaborative environment, the challenging nature of the business, and the opportunity for advancement. That said, the challenging nature of the business, in combination with the company’s MO (high expectations, each and every employee is a key player and contributor), can be and has been a source of stress for some.
Pros
lots of opportunity for job satisfaction/advancement
Cons
for some, the company's mo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CymSTAR. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1