Cypress Bayou Casino Employee Reviews

Exciting work environment
Restaurant Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LAJune 22, 2017
If you have a flexible schedule then working at a casino may be perfect for you. You deal with different kinds of people all day every day including drunks.
Pros
Free hot lunch
Cons
You don't always get a break
give yourself only two years to work there
table games dealer (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LAJune 16, 2017
The other workers are not kind, and will tell on you in a heartbeat. They have a great shift supervisor, but despite this, this place sweat the money too much. If you already have experience in this field, I would not recommend you apply to this place. The highest toke rate I ever seen when I was employed was 11.00
Pros
free meal, free drinks on break
Cons
coworkers, low toke rates, and the owners obviously do not are about the workers
very friendly atmosphere.
Server / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LAMay 23, 2017
very friendly, not as busy, very important to have great customer service, teamwork, culture is different. supervisors are great, is having to depart. I enjoyed everything about the job .
Pros
free lunch you can make your choice of food you would like, teamwork is awesome
Cons
I have none
Entry level
Security (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, LAMay 7, 2017
The position is a great entry level experience for someone wanted to work evening hours. The pay could be better considering the hours worked and no place for advancement.
Action packed
Surviellance Agent (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, LAMay 1, 2017
I was in charge of monitoring patron behavior using security cameras. I had to maintained a log of anything that goes against gaming laws and report it to local law enforcement.
Cafe bayou
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LAFebruary 23, 2017
as my first job it was indeed great place to start, they teach you many basic skills needed in entry level jobs. working here gave me the necessary skills how to openly deal with many different types of situations.
Great place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 17, 2017
Love my job great place to be meet all kind of people long night good tips long drive big. Areas freindly people great experience on the job learning a lot already
Fun Workplace
Assist co-workers (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LASeptember 2, 2016
The job was awesome and fun just not a lot of room for early advancement. Only downfall is that it never closes so your work life balance was horrible.
Day at work
Office Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LAJuly 6, 2016
When i was working i had some good days I learned how to talk to customers,and i got alone with all my co-workers, the most enjoyable part is pay day,my managers was pretty cool i got more hours because i was a hard worker.
Fun place to work with little employee appreciation
Dealer (Former Employee) –  CharentonJune 7, 2016
It is a fun place to work but management doesn't care about emloyees or family values. There is no way to spend any real time with family or plan family events while working for this employer.
Pros
free lunch while on duty
no place like it
cocktail waitress, bartender, VIP Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LAMay 6, 2016
There's no place like it when you work at a casino because you will never see the same thing twice. The only thing that stays the same are the customers. You also get new co-workers because of busy how busy we have to have new people. The casino would get some pretty awesome entertainment as gift give aways too.
Pros
amazing food for lunch break, the people, entertainment
Cons
drunk and rude customers
WAS fun
Main Banker/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LANovember 10, 2015
It was an ok job when i first started.
they got a new manager and all h**l broke loose.
she almost got the beat down from a few workers.
Bartender
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LASeptember 11, 2015
Loved working in a fun environment. Enjoyed learning new things and meeting new people and even the entertainment was great
average work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LASeptember 10, 2015
overall the job was good. it was good to come in contact with so many people from different backgrounds and environments. A typical day at work would be processing and inputing customers into our system so they could receive the benefits of our promotional offers. I learned that I could come out of my shell and how to handle customer complaints. Some of my coworkers were good and to this day I still maintain a relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was standing on your feet all day besides for break time. Meeting different entertainers.
Pros
pay was fine, meeting different people, exciting environment
Cons
short breaks, working holidays and not rotating off
productive
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LAApril 1, 2015
a typical work day was dipping 2,000 strawberries stuffing 1,000 puffs the hardest part is standing all day the most enjoyable part is you egt to eat anything you cook
Pros
free louch
Cons
short breaks standing all day
working as a sever at cypress bayou.
Sever (Former Employee) –  832 Martin Luther king RoadJanuary 27, 2015
My typical day at work is taking customers orders, handling phones, money and talking skills. I learn that listing to people clearly and always make sure the customers leave happy. My co-workers was team players if they see a person slacking or having trouble they would help them. My hardest part of my job was carrying a lot of food at one time to a tables that orders was ready by the window. The most enjoyable part of my jobs was see and talking to my customers at my table. They always gave good advise and was hold a nice little conversation when I go check on them.
Great Work Environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Charenton, LANovember 13, 2014
I provide service to many people during a day of work, I am able to meet and greet several ethnicities while serving at Cypress.
Driving
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 23, 2014
I moved our guests vehicles to a designed area

Greeted our guests and assisted with their luggage
Productive, busy, great
Lead Promotions Representative (Former Employee) –  Charenton, LAAugust 9, 2014
I loved working at CBC, I miss all the patrons and the events held at the casino. Great Company
Pros
People, coworkers, atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Cypress Bayou Casino
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Charenton, LAJune 26, 2014
I come to work at 6 am. Work 10 hours a day. The management is closed minded. Barely any opportunity for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cypress Bayou Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Cypress Bayou Casino Reviews by Location