Cypress Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace with intense requirements
Field Supervisor, contractor for Comcast (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 6, 2016
Well established firm with better than average pay. Ownership and management hard working and experienced individuals with set goals for the best possible advancement for the firm. Workplace very intensive with high expectations for all employees and stakeholders. I was a field supervisor and was given a team of 15 to 20 technicians and received weekly incentives in the way of added pay if my weekly scores led all other supervisors. Co-workers on administrative level were kind and interested in better customer service relations and being able to help field workers to optimize there skills.

The most difficult part of the job being able to make sure technicians met their scheduled appointments on a daily basis.

The most satisfying part of the job was making sure any escalations with customers were handled with a positive outcome.
Pros
Flexible choice of daily jobs
Cons
Not enough time in the day
Do not even try, as a cable technician, you must pay for gasoline
Cable technician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 6, 2015
Long hours, every day work even on holidays. Only one day off. Management does not care about the employee safety, No water supply or ice for your coolers, plus no allowance given for using your own cell phone, or gas.
Pros
Good pay after 8 months.
Cons
Balance of work and personal hours, terrible.
Fun and Friendly place to work
Sr. Collections Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2015
Cypress is now debunk. Great company benefits. Company lunches and softball games. Very festive company to work for. Management could use more training in how to deal with multiple personalities.
Fun place to work
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 19, 2015
On a typical day, we would get to the warehouse in the morning, receive our equipment, our route and sometimes our supplies to get on the field with and we would proceed to the different customers to provide the requested service.I have a great affinity for my coworkers and i enjoyed working there.
Pros
The pay was excellent and the Management was very suppotrive.
Cons
Some techs got chargebacks and did particularly enjoy that. Overall, it's a great company to work for..
Great Company to work for.
Service Provisioning Specialists (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2015
Gave me room for growth. I advanced to three positions. Management was great. Glad I was hired. However the company CEO changed about five times while I was employed there.
A place were you learn on every day bases but no a good life balance offer.
Cable Technnician (Current Employee) –  browardMay 16, 2015
Started my day reviewing my work order then visiting the customers to complete the cable and internet installation and making sure that I completed my goals with an A rate in customers expectations, Had a good handy learning experiences performing clean and healthy installation that comply with the market standard and this also made me more proficient in the networking world. The company was doing a decent job to accommodate the busy schedule which I think is was the Achilles 's heel since the time off to fit the life balance was rough, working with the different coworkers was enjoyable since everybody help each other with different ideas and anytime help was needed. Having the satisfaction of being rate with an A and leave every customers house with a smile on its face was the most fascinated part of my job.
Pros
The networking learning experiance and team work with coworker.
Cons
time off and the life balance expectations
Day at Cypress
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day at Cypress involves multitasking several projects scattered across the Southeast where I'm involved with managing vendors on the installation of equipment as well as the screening process with property management and chief engineers where I am to determine whether our ROI is profitable!
basic sub contractor/ for cable T.V.
Bore Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 12, 2012
show up for work, get work orders and then go to work.
I learned how to bore cable at this company.
As far as management, there was none, a too many chiefs and not enough Indians kind of thing.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job was fighting for work, and fighting for my money.
The most enjoyable part of this job, was getting another job.
Pros
close to me and some good workers
Cons
management or lack there of, pay was not condusive to the job, and no benifits .
Great Company to Work For
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2013
Providing Custome Service to Internal and External Customer via/phone approving contracts from the Sales Teams. coordinating with Billing Department to discuss master terms and condition approval. I learned of to multi-task on all levels and increase awareness of Telecommunications process and procedures. Cypress Communications has the Best team environment. Good Working Environment was the most ejoyable part of the job.
Pros
flexibloe hours and staff
Cons
the company was bought out by crescent capital and i was let go.
Qualified technicians to work with, self driven work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 7, 2012
Enjoyed working there and the technical end of the Telecommunications was interesting. Very helpful in the selling process. Most contacts were by phone or within walking distance from the office.
Pros
good operating contacts with supervisors.
The concept of Cloud based technology was leading edge
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  PA, DEFebruary 15, 2014
The management of this company didn't seem to be on the same page with one another.
Great group of sales reps in internal staff, however, the company went into capture 11 and was sold
Pros
great managed service offering
Cons
bad management
Cypress was a good company to work for.
Lead Area Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2012
Cypress was an up and coming company when I worked there. i enjoyed working there we did alot of installs of Nortel Opt 11's into customer sites. we offered business internet and phone service.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
they filed chapter 11
NOC Engineer
NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2012
Responsible for configuration of customer premise equipment. Configured Vlans, Interfaces, T1s, Multilinks and troubleshooting of each.
Troubleshoot latency, routing, and switching issues with Voip phones, and internet.
Pros
multifaceted
Cons
high lay offs
First 10 years dynamic and enjoyable.
Competitive Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2012
Ever-changing work environment, especially the last year a half.
Pros
over 11 years, many solid associations with fellow employees.
Cons
new ownership not people-oriented.
Great Learning Experience
Account Executive/Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2015
Wonderful generous Company that trained their employees.
It was a young telecom company when I was working there
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2013
The then young company was still in the growing stages and not yet fully established.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
difficult to balance work with life
Fun workplace with great work life balance
Sr. Collections Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2013
Great management team and co-workers always willing to lend a helping hand.
Pros
free lunches and spa days
Cons
frequent layoffs
Organized, fun work place.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2012
Very organized, Great co-workers. I loved my managers. Very competitive, fast paced job. Great hours and over time.
Pros
great hours over time
Cons
non
Good work/ life balance
Circuit Provisioning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 10, 2014
The company's work/ life balance is good. Managers are understanding of the balance needed.
One of the Best Companies I have ever worked for
Remittance (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 14, 2014
Family like environment and just all around great company to work for