CYPRESS CREEK HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Great Working Environment
Health Information Coder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2017
Cypress Creek Hospital is a great working environment with the opportunity to grow both your professional and technical skills as well as learn new ones.
They pay well for a reason....consider it hazard pay.
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2017
I was a RN here and one of the few that stayed over a year. Management is a joke and corporate doesn't care either. I understand that profit is of importance in a for-profit organization, but it shouldn't come at the expense of patient care and the safety of staff. They are perpetually under-staffed and nurses and techs are asked to work more than one unit at a time. I've seen many staff members injured because violent patients are kept on units without adequate staffing.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
You won't stay here
Mental Heath Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2017
This place is always hiring....a revolving door ...the units are ran in a half manner...unsafe practices...and they just never keep staff. The staff is always complaining...human resource durector is so shady and lies to your face...just a really cursed place.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay for meals that are usually leftovers
ok place
Acute care Psychiatric RN (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 20, 2016
ok place, not too bad . good pay , nice staff , flexible schedules . learning oppurtunites , RN at this moment . continue to learn and expand . it ok place
Learn and grow in the psych field
Night Shift Medication Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
Challenging work environment with patients working through acute psychiatric episodes. Great opportunity to learn and grow in therapeutic care.
My Experience , Please Take Note to this Review Future Applicants
Medical Environmental Health Tech / Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2016
I worked for this Company for over 2 years, and I must say it wasn't a pleasant experience. It Felt like Doom and Gloom, every time you set foot inside this facility . Most people I worked with on a daily basis, were not extremely happy at this facility. The Hardest part of the Job was lack of Communication. The Fact Materials needed, for my Department, to make work less stressful and Sufficient ,were not available even upon Request. The Most Enjoyable part of my Job, was knowing I was Appreciated by the Patients, and was told so on many occasions .
fun place to work at
Bilingual Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  spring texasApril 27, 2016
The best job ever!!!! Its a dream to work for this company. Our CEO works hard everyday to make sure everything goes well for the employees and the patient's.
Pros
coworkers are great
Cypress Creek Hospital
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJanuary 31, 2016
its honestly been so long since I worked here I cant really remember the job. I do remember having a lot of fun doing my job and loved the people around me. I never had any problems with anyone that I worked with. which is hard to say now a days.
Lead Mental Health Technicians (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2015
Cypress Creek is a great place to work and able to grow as a employee. Cypress Creek has friendly faces as co workers and Managment.
Pros
meal are fair $3.50
Cons
15 minutes break and 30 minutes lunch breaks
Great training and learning opportunity.
RN-Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
A great place to work with a lot of support from co-workers. Training was extensive and pertinent. Often short staffed and scheduling was often re-arranged at last minute.
Pros
Small, intimate atmosphere for workers and patients.
Cons
Scheduling and staffing.
It's not what you know, it's who you know!
Mental Health Technician (MHT) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
When trying to advance at Cypress Creek you may run into a brick wall depending on who you are and what background you come from. Certain people are only allowed to have certain jobs regardless of education,
good place to work but not good new management
Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2014
love billing & collectiing
but new management & cleaned house of employees over 2 years
employment, I had 20 yrs
Great staff,hard working and dedicated. Slightly poor management.
Staffing Coordinator/ Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  17750 Cali Drive Houston Texas 77090June 27, 2014
Cypress Creek Hospital strives to be the best psych hospita in Houston - and it can be if only Human Resources was an advocate for the employee.
Pros
A chance to change a life daily
Cons
Absent management
Working in Crisis Mode ALL the time
Unit worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
It is clear that the administration does not care about its employees because they place no value on morale or treating one with respect. The CEO and HR director will lie to your face. There is no recognition for the positive things one does; only the negative issues are addressed. The work load is astronomically high and there is no support from the administration. In fact, when the hospital census is even the slightest bit low, staff members will be flexed off without warning and without pay. The staff members work in crisis mode all the time because there is so much to do and not enough time to complete the demands. They expect you to met every patient's needs whether or not you are on the clock. And if you go one minute into overtime you will be fired immediately.

The only thing that made this job enjoyable was working with the patients and the staff members on the unit. Do not trust the administration or any of the supervisors. This hospital focuses solely on the money and the executives will do ANYTHING possible to meet their budget and earn their bonuses.

Stay away!
Pros
Most of the staff on the units are caring, supportive and friendly
Cons
Staff members are flexed off regularly
great place to work
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  houstonMarch 3, 2014
Very great place to work if your pursuing the mental health field. Great management and a real sense of team. Great co workers and great pay with opportunity to advance.
Pros
great work environment
Hard work and dedication is recognized
Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2014
I started as a mental health technician and was promoted to discharge planner. Hard work and dedication is recognized and commended. Both positions were interesting. Working with psych patients is a great experience to build your communication skills, it can also be a challenge for some. Working at Cypress Creek Hospital will strengthen your personal integrity as well as your ability to empathize with other people from different walks of life.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, warm culture, professional operations
great job
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2013
Really interesting work..Co workers were great and you will learn a lot if you pay attention to things on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patients family thanks you for your work.
Pros
fun work
Cons
support from management
Productive and fun place to work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston TxAugust 7, 2013
I learned how to use verbal de-escalation techniques, and Crisis Prevention Intervention.
Pros
Free lunch on holidays
Cons
Short breaks
Clinical psych rotation
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 24, 2013
Some of the staff was not very helpful at this location. Patient interaction varies according to which unit you are on
former employee in supporting office
support staff (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2013
I loved my job, associates & manager. then was sold & quality of care & management dropped. management was for money only, no loyalty to employees. you could tell the next employee to be fired because i witnessed it & was included in thier way of doing business.. HR was not there for the employees but backup for the management. i still know of more current workers that are looking for a way out. Sad, was an excellent hospital to work for in north houston area.
Pros
very few at this time
Cons
management support of current staff & their value

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CYPRESS CREEK HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6