CYPRESS CREEK HOSPITAL

CYPRESS CREEK HOSPITAL Employer Reviews

Working in Crisis Mode ALL the time
Unit worker (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: most of the staff on the units are caring, supportive and friendly
Cons: staff members are flexed off regularly
It is clear that the administration does not care about its employees because they place no value on morale or treating one with respect. The CEO and HR director will lie to your face. There is no recognition for the positive things one does; only the negative issues are addressed. The work load is astronomically high and there is no support from the – more... administration. In fact, when the hospital census is even the slightest bit low, staff members will be flexed off without warning and without pay. The staff members work in crisis mode all the time because there is so much to do and not enough time to complete the demands. They expect you to met every patient's needs whether or not you are on the clock. And if you go one minute into overtime you will be fired immediately.

The only thing that made this job enjoyable was working with the patients and the staff members on the unit. Do not trust the administration or any of the supervisors. This hospital focuses solely on the money and the executives will do ANYTHING possible to meet their budget and earn their bonuses.

Stay away! – less
great place to work
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), houstonMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Very great place to work if your pursuing the mental health field. Great management and a real sense of team. Great co workers and great pay with opportunity to advance.
Hard work and dedication is recognized
Discharge Planner (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement, warm culture, professional operations
I started as a mental health technician and was promoted to discharge planner. Hard work and dedication is recognized and commended. Both positions were interesting. Working with psych patients is a great experience to build your communication skills, it can also be a challenge for some. Working at Cypress Creek Hospital will strengthen your personal – more... integrity as well as your ability to empathize with other people from different walks of life. – less
great job
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: fun work
Cons: support from management
Really interesting work..Co workers were great and you will learn a lot if you pay attention to things on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patients family thanks you for your work.
Productive and fun place to work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Houston TxAugust 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch on holidays
Cons: short breaks
I learned how to use verbal de-escalation techniques, and Crisis Prevention Intervention.
Clinical psych rotation
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 24, 2013
Some of the staff was not very helpful at this location. Patient interaction varies according to which unit you are on
former employee in supporting office
support staff (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2013
Pros: very few at this time
Cons: management support of current staff & their value
I loved my job, associates & manager. then was sold & quality of care & management dropped. management was for money only, no loyalty to employees. you could tell the next employee to be fired because i witnessed it & was included in thier way of doing business.. HR was not there for the employees but backup for the management. i still know of more – more... current workers that are looking for a way out. Sad, was an excellent hospital to work for in north houston area. – less
Started off great, then immediately went downhill
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston,TXApril 8, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: rarely get breaks, poor management ability, ripoff benefits, money-hungry environment
I usually go with my gut feeling, but when I got called in to this hospital I was so excited about working in a hospital near me I dismissed the weird vibe I got immediately as I was waiting for HR to be ready for my assessment. I got the job, and worked for a few weeks side by side with some people that were obviously very disgruntled about their job. – more... There were many good times with the patients, but overall, people were not pleased the way the hospital was running. Being a bit naive, I assumed it was just that they were worn down from being there for so long. What I came to learn is that the turnover rate is ridiculous.
Take this job for a quick fix, they pay well, but find another place, fast. – less
Not a place to work if you are looking for a secure job.
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2013
Pros: not very many
Cons: no breaks while certain ones can always be outside smoking and not getting in trouble.
These people just want someone to fill in for a little while. They will find the littlest reason to get rid of you. The HR is no help to anyone but their favorites. Alot of favoritism goes around. Just dont bother applying. A total waste of time and alot of stress.
Caring and warm
Internship (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2013
Caring and warm although IOP was very disorganized and needed more help.
NO way!
RN (Former Employee), houston,txDecember 31, 2012
Cons: no breaks
This hospital is all about money, if you don't have it don't bother going there because they will turn you away.They have no problem with violating laws either. Very few people that work there actually care about patients or patient care. Roaches all over the place as well. Don't believe the hype when it comes to this place.

March 7, 2013

totally agree with this comment. An opportunity to see only "paper care". No treatment in this hospital. No time to talk to patients

So-so
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2012
Cons: bad management, favoritism
Hospital values patient safety at the cost of employees losing their job or being written up.
Interesting place to work in
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2012
Very fulfilling place to work. Helping those in need of assistance makes it worthwile.