Cypress Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Innovative, ever changing, ability to learn as much as you are willing to
Senior Process Sustaining Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 18, 2016
Fast-paced, challenging, ability to learn from multiple areas, hard working, dedicated people. Great team atmosphere. Cypress has great training and daily use of SPC, Lean 6 Sigma and 5S initiatives.
Pros
Benefits, Medical, dental etc.
Cons
Does not offer 401k matching option
High precision and fact based
Principal (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 11, 2016
The company provides excellent opportunities and challenges for its people. We can excel based upon doing what's right for the company by using a logical fact based process and generating the results in the time frame needed for our customers.
Good place to learn
Operations Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 10, 2016
Good place to start and learn but gets monotonous after a while and management is poor. Growth prospects are ok and depends a lot on your manager.
had gym room, gastation
Sr. Product/Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 30, 2016
Nice team work.
great enviroment
Nice culture, movies, picnic, entertaiment..etc.
Convenience gas station for employee.
hard work but enjoyed.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
health care
Fast paced environment with opportunity for advancement
Human Resources Business Partner Principal (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 26, 2016
No day is the same! Lots of opportunity to experience and learn new things. Open door policy allows all levels of employees to access upper management. Employees are encouraged to make changes to their work stations, environment, work processes, etc. through continuous improvement.
High energy workplace with great teams but management is not building the company
Leadership and Management of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day is dominated by early morning meetings, followed by arbitrary decisions or tasks assigned. Many have no real purpose other than to drive the team to feel under pressure
Pros
salary
Cons
long hours, little development
great
Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 6, 2016
Analytical and degreed engineer with the ability to leverage experience and partner in the designing of parts, machinery, equipment and products, wh
Pros
good for enter level
Cons
just try it
Hi-Tech job with bad attitude
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Cypress is good for learning and good for making money in Hi-Tech Silicon Valley.

Cypress is a place with very bad culture set by a very questionable CEO, TJ Rogers. The facilities are run down, outdated and not very accommodating. The attitude of management is very poor and they're often chewed out in the board room so they bring the same attitude down to each BU.

I have worked in four Hi-Tech Silicon Valley companies in my career and Cypress was hands down the worst culture, and setting.

On the bright side, you learn about technology and management there. Cypress does have a successful business, so there is a lot to learn there.
Pros
Good structured technology company
Cons
Poor culture and employee relations
A good place for learning
Staff System Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2016
Company encourages opening: you know almost every other colleagues doing, how things are down.

Clear process for handle every thing.
My direct supervisor and our department VP were, hands down, the best boss's that I have ever worked for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 16, 2015
Cypress employees are expected to be "the best of the best". The atmosphere in the office is strict professionalism. Everyone worked hard at their job. Very diverse group of people but also a very kind and courteous group.
Pros
Movie nights, theme parties, ice cream socials
Old School Semiconductor Company.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 14, 2015
I did not work at Cypress Semiconductor long enough to make a judgement or form opinions. A very frugal company that thrives on NCG's and overseas workforce.
Pros
Free coffee, sabbatical.
Cons
Company run like in the 80's has not embraced change.
Heavy Micro Management
Field Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 17, 2015
Heavy Training - Weekly
Solid Sales Management
Heavy Data Oriented

The new merger with Spansion has created a sales force that has it's operation together. Good people all the way up to the VP level.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Heavy Micro Managament
A workplace where you know most of you co-worker
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaApril 8, 2015
Working in a place where you work for long hours called compressed work week. You put a lot of effort during your work schedule but also looking forward for those days that you are off for three days.
I learned a lot about the product we do. Management will really push us on those times that we need to meet the deadlines but it is all worthy. We are being rewarded for all those hard works.
Teamwork is the key to be with co-workers.
Challenges at work is always the hardest but it's all good when we solved it.
Enjoyable part is we have those quarterly parties.
Pros
Great workers to be a part of the company
Cons
The company had to move the fab
Production is a 24 hours /7 days a week continously
Test Wafer Tech (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MinnesotaJune 11, 2015
Work is continuously running on 24 hour shift, Need to be on top of every order the fabrication needs, from pods to test wafers should be readily on hand all the time. A clean room/controlled environment needs to be fully covered head to toe. A 12 hour shift for all personnel on a 6 am to 6pm shifting.
Great place for work
Test equipment maintenance Tech Sr. (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Responsible for Build, Rework, fix all Test Boards, BNC/Banana break out boxes, Cables harness, Wiring wrap and write pass down at the end off shift.
ESD Safety
Support all other workers
Get alone with co-workers.
When 2 ,3 hot jobs got the same time.
When found and fixed the problems on the bad hardware and finest hot project.
Pros
profit sharing bonus, movies party, summer picnic
Cons
gym and cafeteria
Great place to work; cafeteria and gym on campus, friendly people
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Great place to work. I couldn't have asked for better managers and co-workers. Many good benefits (Medical, dental), gym and cafeteria on-site . Many fun events, movie parties, ice cream socials, pizza parties and end of year money raising events (for Second Harvest Food Bank).
Pros
Movie parties, many fun events while raising money for Second Harvest Food Bank
Strong reliance on Company standard
Unix System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2012
The company atmosphere was pleasant and friendly. There were quarterly parties held for the employees, as well as a big bash once a year.

There was a company manual on an internal web site, any new project had to conform to standards in this document.

It was a good place to work, I enjoyed working there.

I worked in a design center, the design didn't succeed, and the center was closed.
Pros
friendly, standards based
Cons
poor stability
They take good care of their employees, and the people are some of the best I've worked with, but there is always an emergency.
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 10, 2012
A typical day at work included at least one emergency. I usually had several projects going at once. I learned a great deal from my colleagues and managers. I learned many new skills and tools and improved my writing. The hardest part of the job was the constant state of emergency and lack of planning, which often resulted in long hours. The people were the best part of working there. Everyone was bright and motivated. The culture is kind of macho, though.
Pros
excellent benefits
Good co-workers and benefits
Fab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 4, 2012
For 12 hours I would process wafers(computer chips) through my tools and send them off to the next step. I would also perform qualifications on the tools to make sure they ran properly. If you were hired directly to the company you had great benefits, but if not, Your job security was always in jepordy and you only got benefits from the temp agency. The worst part about the company is you have to go through a temp agency to work there. I was hired and worked there for 5 1/2 years, got laid off, went back there 2 years later and had a $5 pay cut for doing exactly what I was doing before just because I was a temp and not hired on.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
was underpayed
Sr. Fab Operator Technician TW / Expediter (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 18, 2015
The worst thing about this job is the long 12 hour shifts. The best thing about this job this that you get 3 or 4 days off every other week. You are expected to run tools and trouble shoot issues. Management can be a little pushy at times to get more production out of you.
Pros
days off