Regional Human Resources Manager
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Our client is seeking an experienced Regional Human Resources Manager for the Northern California Region. The RHRM will be part of a Human Resources team exclusively focused on supporting the various business units in California. The RHRM will provide support to the California business units through the focus areas of Tools and Talent:
- Development and implementation of effective processes to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local regulations while maintaining business continuity.
- Training and education designed to equip leadership, local management and teammates with the knowledge skills and abilities needed to allow them to perform at the highest level.
- Development and tracking of appropriate Key Performance Indicators and other metrics to ensure goals are being met.
- Development and delivery of communication tools to support both culture change and champion a high performance organization.
- Advanced employee relations, coaching & counseling skills in order to support a high performance and dynamic culture.
- High level problem solving skills to support business objectives while achieving full compliance.
- Consultative services to leadership and management on both strategic initiatives and tactical issues.
- Workforce Management and Human Capital Planning support to ensure that businesses in California have the right talent at the right time.
- Facilitation of talent evaluation, talent development, and performance management processes supporting various business units.
- Supporting the implementation of new Business Technology tools to enhance compliance and Talent Acquisition.
This role will be based in Northern California where they will support retail, manufacturing, logistics, sales, and support functions.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a seasoned Regional HR Manager in a large organization, preferably with multi-unit operations including manufacturing and retail. The candidate must possess excellent leadership, communication, and consultative skills as well as solid analytical and practical problem solving skills. The role will have routine interaction with the leadership of these business units. A thorough knowledge of California laws and regulations related to employment, wage and hour, leave management, worker’s compensation, and other associated employment areas is an absolute must.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree required; MS / MBA degree preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive Human Resources generalist experience in California, or supporting California operations required
- Knowledge and competency with California employment laws and regulations required. California PHR, SPHR or equivalent strongly desired
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and SAP HR is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent communication and consultative skills
- Ability to manage strategically while still keeping one foot in the analytical world
- Candor and the ability to speak directly, but professionally, even when posing a dissenting view
- Sense of urgency and a bias for action
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility quickly, honest & straightforward in approach
- Demonstrated experience in confronting issues to develop win-win solutions while maintaining professional demeanor.
- Commitment to a team based environment and employee empowerment
- Ability to mentor and build strong teams while effecting a positive culture change
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple, competing priorities, simultaneously with grace.
- Proven ability to maintain integrity in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Bi-lingual Spanish is desired, but not required
Indeed - 15 months ago