Cypress Truck Lines Employee Reviews in United States

A nice place to get started
truck driver (Former Employee) –  tampaFebruary 22, 2016
A very accommodating management team and better than average equipment and maintenance program. You have the option to stay close to home or travel the country.
Very unprofessional. Only a couple people in management know what there doing. Don't care about their drivers.
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2015
Home terminal in Jacksonville is a mess. Dirty nasty drivers lounge. The shop is a joke no one speaks English. And they have no certified diesel mechanics. Makes ya feel safe don't it??.. Very cheap company. Unless u been there 10 plus years don't plan on getting a nice truck. Or be treated fairly. Cameras in trucks watching u 24/7.. Don't mess up..
Pros
None. We'll.. Being home everyday. That's it.
Cons
Everything about this company!!
ok place to work
truck driver (Current Employee) –  crystal river,flDecember 10, 2013
long hours but pay is good. Trucks are rough but they run. 15+ hour work day. no weekend or hoildays.
it was a good job for some, for me it was a good job to start driving trucks.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2013
almost the same as boyd bros.

i only worked for them for a few months. i left them to go to work for boyd, i though that would be a better job.
Pros
good for starting as a truck driver, home every week end.
Cons
money wasn't as good as other company's.
great job to start you driving career
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 29, 2013
Tarping or chaining loads for long haul or short haul driving...home on weekends...A great job experience for drivers coming out of school...Management is good and fair...Enjoyed the driving and learning experiences.
Pros
got to see the south east
Cons
no compensation for chaining down loads which take 90 minutes
No respect to drivers from some office people.
victim (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2013
I worked at Cypress Truck in Jacksonville, FL for about 4 months. I was hired as a dump driver with no experience. There is only one dispatcher for the dump drivers. From the first conversation, he spoke to me in a very condescending way. During the first 90 days I put up with his childish actions because I needed the job and I was told that he’s like that to the new guy. I took “new guy” as on probation. During the 4th month he got worse and his tone and body language changed to disdain and he began repeating my questions back to me, then not answer them. It got to the point I sat twice with the owners son & terminal manager (same person) and explained to him that my dispatcher is creating a hostile work environment. He supported him by stating that he’s been with the company for over 12 years and does his job well…which is true. But he is still a liability to the company and also lowers the value of man. Ultimately, due to a situation, I resigned from the company. All he had to do was stop being a waste of human life.
Pros
they will answer to god one day...
Cons
it hasn't happened yet.
good company, good pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 5, 2012
this company is an ok company to work for if you enjoy being on the road a lot and not being at home with your family. They say home on weekends but its not true, maybe every other weekend.
Pros
travel, pay
Cons
not enough home time, run out of designated area
Dont like the long hours
Short Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 26, 2012
Not enough Money to be made and the hours are way to long for the money you make
You will stay busy year round
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, Fl.August 16, 2012
Miles are okay, pay is okay but you do a lot of extras for free and they only pay $5 to tarp a load which is a joke. You get home on the weekends. They have benefits but the insurance is expensive. Safety department has A TON of rediculious rules. They treat drivers like children. Drivers need to be treated better.
Pros
home weekends, steady work
Cons
lots of work you don't get paid for
bad work conditions
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tampa Fl.September 27, 2011
Long and endlees days , on call without the right pay
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
long days

2.9