CyraCom Employee Reviews

Happy to work from home
Over the Phone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Home BasedDecember 10, 2017
I am happy to make $36 / hr from home. They are the second largest company after Language Line so I get many calls every day

Each call is different from many industries but the majority call is for medical. I love my life using the language to help others to understand each other. It is a blessing for me daily to have this job working from home.

When my contract is over I can negotiate my pay again. As a contractor, there is no benefits but that is ok...obamacare is free, I open my own retirement accounts.
Pros
Lot of calls, flexible schedule
Cons
Constant auditing and reviews, no benefits
competitive rate
On site Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2017
I love working for Cyracom as an independent contractor.
They communicate very efficiently, and are very kind.
I hope I can continue to work with them for many more years.
Pros
competitive rates
Cons
not enough hours
Good Job
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2017
The job is good but the pay should be increase, and breaks should be more longer. Varies schedules. I prefer working from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm or 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Spanish/English Bilingual Interpreter
Spanish/English Bilingual Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2017
Position provided great experience but lacked ability to advance beyond the entry level as to pay increases and benefits. I enjoyed the ability to work as an interpreter but desire better pay and benefits.
Pros
Experience and Work Environment
Good job
Translating and interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2017
This is a good job for everyone that is trying to figure out what's their next stop it also helps you understand many different fields like Medical, law, insurance and other
A company that provides necessary services.
Bilingual Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2017
A great opportunity to apply foreign language skills to help others. The company provided training and the work was interesting. A way to help others in several scenarios.
cyracom
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2017
Cyracom was a very well manage call center , it was very enjoyable going into work. my only issue was the area it was a bit far for me to make it on time. i have learned a lot of patience
Stressfull enviroment
Language Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2017
It is hard to describe typical day as the role requires constant adjustment receiving calls and providing interpretation in English and Spanish.

Learned a lot of unfamiliar terminology, specially in the medical field.

Management is not very flexible due to their own decision limitations. Basically good natured but have always to follow rules and have limited authority, other than time and attendance and quality evaluations.

Not been allowed to make even simple errors.

Learning from public experiences.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Poor pay
Fast Paced
Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2017
It is a very challenging job. You have to be very alert at all times so that you do not give the wrong information. Clients include anything from Doctors at hospitals, to lawyers, to 911 calls. Not recommended if you get stressed easily!
Job to work at its own pace
Spanish/English Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 5, 2017
basically answering phones of international calls weather is medical, insurance, Disney, hospitals or even 911 call through out the whole shift. Ups and downs throughout the day and very stressful place to work at.
Pros
well paid. somewhat flewxible
Cons
stressful. What you hear in the calls are strong for a sensitive person.
Good job
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 4, 2017
Learn a lot of things things. They offer a lot of benefits. They have good pay and also paid training, raises every 6 months depending on your work performance. Bonuses every 6 months depending on your work performance
Very fast paced, high call volume, low pay.
Over-the-Phone Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2017
I learned a lot from Cyracom about a variety of subjects like finances, medical, insurance and more. Everyone was in their own world minding their own business.
Pros
learn a lot, paid training
Cons
low pay, extremely high call volume, very strict
Worst Management
Over the Phone Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2017
The worst company I've ever worked. bad company.

Cyracom in Houston is the worst place to work. If you know how to kiss the manager feet, you will be ok. Otherwise, you are dam
Segregated call centers enviroment, feels like your cubicle is a prison for hours. You'll feel very unappreciated
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 26, 2017
You'll interpret credit card's terms and conditions for hours....You know, those booklets we get along with our new credit cards and we never read? They are long and tedious !!!Also you're always introducing yourself with a script over and over again...and if you accidentally change one word you'll get corrective action. The pay is too low concidering you'll also interpret for the 9-1-1 line and those calls are the worst so stressful! Benefits are NOT GOOD !!!BECAUSE THE HEALTH ONE HAS A HUGE DEDUCTIBLE OF ALMOST $3000 DOLLARS. I keep hearing they are good but it's not true. Plus now you have to pay dental insurance and the 3 yearly bonuses are gone! This company pays around $13hr but they make around $400 dollars an hour an hour for your services ...please dont support the abuse and underpaid services of Interpreters who dont know how much they are being taken advantage of.
Pros
They'll make money
Cons
They dont care about you as a human being
Worst company I have work for
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2017
No empathy for employees; fear culture, employees' laid off for unexpected emergencies like broken cars or sick children; no benefits, training is a joke; it's a sham.....I don't even want to talk about it or remember that place.....
Horrible company - stay away
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 20, 2017
The title says it all.It is a boring,stressful job with the managers constantly monitoring you.Bathroom breaks are monitored.
Please stay away for your sanity.There is a huge turnover in staff.
Competitive work place with room for advancement
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 18, 2017
Working at Cyracom was a fulfilling experience. The job allows you to help out people that would otherwise have a language barrier. The company offers you PTO (paid time off) as well as VTO (volunteer time off) for the days you don't feel well and need some rest. They also offer pay increase intensives every 6 months. Bonuses are also very present.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Excellent customer service!!! Great staff, always striving to take care of customers needs. Always looking forward to help others. It was a pleasure working for the company!
A balanced workplace
Interpreter (Russian-English) -- (full-time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2017
I would recommend this job for someone who is bilingual and looking for a steady pay. Work is not that stressful; they provide health package and a reasonable monthly premium for dental.
My reason for looking to work from home.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2017
I need a work from home because we only have one vehicle and the man who gives my husband a ride will be leaving the school where my husband and he work together so my husband will need the car.
Since I have a computer at home it will be a lot easier for me to work from home since his .job he can not

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CyraCom. Our community is ready to answer.