Cytec Engineered Materials

Cytec Engineered Materials Employer Reviews

Executive Assistant
CIMS Administrator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Executive suitesSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: job intersting
Cons: not very nice supervisor
Administer Program Management product innovation management system. Assist CFO, Director of IT and Director of Technical Services. Coach and mentor internal team members on innovation system data entry and procedures. Provide support to senior leaders within organization, including meeting and calendar management. Provides receptionist support for corporate – more... headquarters. Special project support to Marketing Communications, including print vendor interface and trade show logistics Facilities management. – less
Productive work place
Tower Inspector (Current Employee), Havre de Grace, MDApril 5, 2013
Cons: health care
Great company to work for everyone is very friendly. The company pays for all expenses from shoe wear every year, eye wear when needed, and uniforms.
Technology driven with ample training tools - Great place for anyone with an engineering degree
Production Planner (Former Employee), Greenville, TXDecember 28, 2012
I did learn a lot during my employment and also achieved my APICS CPIM certification in just over a year which I feel was a major achievement. Management was top notch however demonstrated a major aversion to change inconsistent with the corporations vision and values.
High intensity workplace
Multi-Role Engineer (Full-Time) (Former Employee), Greenville, TXDecember 19, 2012
If being at the forefront of the cutting edge is your deal, Cytec is the way to go.
Clean working enviorment with a great benefit package
Slitter Operator/Chemical Mixer (Former Employee), Havre de Grace, MDSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: great learning experience and career advancement opportunities
Cons: short breaks
Long hours, demanding challanges. Production and quality control discrepancies. Some co-workers received special treatment. The most enjoyable part of the job was able to learn new skills that allows me to obtain career advancement.
Poorly managed company
Controls /Instrumentation Mechanic (Former Employee), Havre de Grace, MDAugust 19, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: could not learn much from co-workers.
Training was totally done by co-workers and it was hard to learn anything new. Management could not train and had to rely on workers. Job was not hard with plenty of free time.
Stiff Enviroment
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 27, 2012
The company does cool work but the corporate office is VERY stiff and kind of personality-less.
Was very satisfied while it last in this company.
technician (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 25, 2012
Pros: we have a lot of celebrations and outings
Cons: very strict in safety rules
Work come as a routine,picking up samples,categorize them for testing and then testing them,Meetings are frequent discussing priorities and planning for more testing and company status,dealing with our customers plus safety.Co-workers are very cooperative and friendly.Hardest part of job is when management wants immediate results.I enjoyed the most – more... is when we have classes or seminars where we learn more about our jobs and how to improve them, – less
Productive and exhilarating workplace with the beginnings of slide down slippery slopes.
Order Fulfillment Improvement Manager (Former Employee), Multi, WBAugust 9, 2012
Pros: collaboration between functional groups
Cons: near-sighted director level management
Great atmosphere to work and grow thru challenging assignments. However, middle management ego's beginning to take their course by getting in the waqy of the creative juices for which they were recruited. Managemen culture leans heavily upon entrenchment rather than the necessary risk-talking during periods of general industry pull-backs.

About Cytec Engineered Materials

Because nobody wants parts flying off airplanes cruising at 35,000 feet, Cytec Engineered Materials, or CEM, makes a variety of – Read more