D+H Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, exciting place to work
Internal Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 26, 2017
I love working at D+H. It is very fast-paced and exciting. The management is supportive and helpful. As a global company, diversity is very important and I feel they put an emphasis on inclusiveness. While there are many opportunities for advancement, in my particular role, there is not as much opportunity to advance but they definitely encourage personal development.
Pros
Flexible work and competitive pay
uncomfortable work environment
Senior Product Manager Business Analytics and CRM (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 10, 2017
Lack of vision and communication from leadership team. Employee moral poor. Over worked staff due to layoffs. Many talented employees. The company has lost sight of customer service and clients are not happy. Many jobs are being moved to India.
Do not work here.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 3, 2017
Unless you want your job to end up in India. This company is leaking so fast you may want to bring your own oars.

The people were great to work with. The management for the time that I was there ALWAYS overcommitted projects and has no loyalty to their employees.

They even took the doughnuts and bagels away.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Too many to list
Good Team concepts
Managed Services Professional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2016
I have worked as a Managed Services Professional for the last 1.5 years with D+H. Managed Services with this company has a working concept of using the each employee to work together as a team member. As a team member you can grow and learn new aspects of the company.
Blind leading the blind
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJuly 27, 2016
This company could have potential but having a manager run the Support team that does not know how to manage or handle the workloads is the worst. The training was horrible and we have no help from managers. I have worked with several large companies and this is by far the worst experience I have had. I will be leaving the company as soon as I locate a new job.
Pros
Fruit and coffee provided
Cons
Management, pay
good people!
Sr Marketing Representative, Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIJune 1, 2016
Busy work environment; good people; many different offices across the united states and global.

Progressive strategy
Pros
good people
Cons
too many changes and acquisitions resulting in layoffs, etc.
Excellent Company
Senior Program/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work:
1. Leading Client Weekly Status Calls
2. Leading PSG (Professional Services Group) Dashboard Review Meeting with US and Offshore Teams.
3. Attending Development Planning Meetings with Offshore Development Team in Pune, India.
4. Updating Project Plans using Microsoft Project
5. Updating and Sending out Status Reports for each of my Projects.
6. Management is too hands on. Will not allow you to work independent.
7. Learned how to work with many personalities and cultures.
8. Co-Workers are very nice and hard workers.
9. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with clients and assisting clients with Business Solutions
10. Hardest part of the job is the Overtime during the Implementation Weekends.....
Pros
Company provides fresh fruit every morning and afternoon snacks in Break Room.
Cons
No ability to move into new roles within my department
System Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 1, 2015
I am very fortunate to be working with supportive co-workers that trust me with my knowledge and abilities. My main focus is to make sure my internal or external clients are able to complete their day to day task. Over the years I've leaned how to approach particular clients to have them explain issues respect.
D+h
Client Services Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLASeptember 25, 2015
D+H recently acquired HFS so there is a lot of transition going on currently. There are a lot of things employees as well as customers are not being told regarding the transition.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
Still trying to shake out the dust from recent acquisitions
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  nationwideSeptember 18, 2015
They could be an excellent company, except that they allowed for too much influence to alter the work environment after acquiring Harland.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
unrealistic expectations at multiple levels.
I was downsized.....
Implementation Programmer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 2, 2015
Decent company to work for until they decided to cut a bunch of jobs.
I learned c# and SQL.
I started at this company when it was called Harland. Harland sold themselves to D+H, which then started cleaning house
Enjoyed my Work
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  LakemaryJune 29, 2015
No complains, Outsourcing is being called as Globalization which is why many are leaving the company. Very conservative on salaries and promotions.
Productive workplace
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 23, 2015
Company provides a good environment for learning and working.I am working on agile methodology and having a good team. I earned some managing skills apart from technical.The most good part in this team is the meetings,discussions so that can acquire and share more knowledge which is helpful for the productivity.
Not a good place to work
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2015
No training, no communication, and inexperienced managers.This was a very horrible experience for me and though most of my co-workers were wonderful there was not accountability for projects that were not done correctly or by deadline.
Pros
PTO is given in advanced
Cons
Horrible organizational structure. No promotions or raises.
The worst group, program, and managers, I have ever encountered.
Strategic Initiatives Director (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 20, 2015
Process Excellence group (aka Process Ignorance)

This company decided to implement a program that was doomed from the start. They had absolutely no internal acceptance or support and was failing from its inception. Anyone interested in working in a Process Excellence group should seriously reconsider and pursue all other alternatives.

The people running this group do not possess nearly the qualifications necessary to effectively implement or train any process improvement methodologies. Although, they profess to be certified practitioners. Also, the upper management over the group does not provide the support necessary for a new group to succeed and allowed the group to fail.

Advice to Management:
Look across the organizations and determine at a minimum things that should have been conducted differently. There are defects in the code that go directly to clients, and there are missteps and miscommunication with clients that must be resolved. Take a step back and evaluate the entire effort and not focus merely on feedback provided in a vacuum.

If you are a process excellence professional, run away from any interview or offer extended as it won't last and you will only find yourself back on the market very soon. There is no career potential with this company. They do not know how to manage a proper process improvement program. It is merely a glorified project management effort that is in direct competition with the existing project management group.
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
Good company to work for
Advisory Core Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 20, 2015
Interesting and rewarding work. The company was previously Harland Financial Solutions and was purchased by D+H two years ago. The direction of the new owners seems positive so far.

Great people to work with and the management is supportive of the employees.
Small group but friendly work environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 22, 2014
Develop and support existing code base. Perform bug fixes and enhancements. I learned about the banking industry and how they implement software solutions to drive revenue. Dealing with the customers over desired timelines is the worse part of the job. The most enjoyable is that we do a lot of team building events and charitable drives. It's a pretty close group.
Pros
We eat all the time!
Cons
Again, dealing with unreasonable timelines.