D&H Distributing Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 3, 2017
the people communicate and work together if theres work needed to be done great employees great management everyone is friendly and very sociable we all work together to get the job done managers and supervisors help work to get the job done also
Pros
timed pace
Cons
Short breaks
profitable company
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 5, 2016
in my job was treated as a piece worker and given little consideration when my last remaining parent passed away. Came to work day after funeral.
Pros
stable company
Cons
my manager
Good Benefits Though
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  D&HJune 22, 2016
Lack of communication, Good benefits, very hot, not much room to grow, managment has its favorits, pay is decent
Great Place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 13, 2016
The only downside is pay is not competitive. Have some very great leaders. They really show interest in employees. Many opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
ESOP
Great Company Culture
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 16, 2016
90+ year old private company with considerable growth potential. Everyone is friendly and eager to achieve company goals. Advancement opportunities may be less than desirable because no one ever leaves.
Pros
ESPO Program, Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Healthcare, Low Wages
Outside Sales
Field Sales / Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 13, 2015
Overall, the company is a great company to work for. Although there is always room for improvement. They need to be more ahead of the game when releasing new offerings to their customers or releasing new products or programs. Company is very conservative so sometimes trying to get exceptions on request are difficult.
Pros
ESOP Company
Cons
Delayed in releasing new offerings
D&H not a good workplace
Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 9, 2015
This workplace makes themselves sound like one of the best places to work by encouraging you to participate in activities and giving away damaged inventory as prizes. Truth is management in the office are not connected to any of the warehouse employees and let the department managers and supervisors treat employees unfairly. There is a lot of favoritism and do not care for your opinions, once you speak about something you thing is wrong or have an opinion they will treat you different, set you up for failure and fire you. There is no confidentiality in human resources because he is related supervisor in the inbound department. Everyone in management is related to each other so if you have a problem with one you have a problem with all.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
favoritism
Good place to work, but need better advancement opportunities
Outbound Sales Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 14, 2015
Worked here for 3yrs. Notice that since then the benefits and room for advancement has changed. Managers aren't as confidential with information. All in all, comfortable place to work.
Pros
free lunches and great spiffs though scarce
Cons
short breaks, little promotions
Fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 16, 2015
fun workplace, really fast pace. Every day working there is like your first day. Hustle hustle hustle. Good for experience
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 13, 2015
Are flexible with work scheduling. Have fun activities at work to keep the work pressure down. Management is friendly and willing to explain the job description so everyone will and can understand.
decent place to work
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 24, 2015
Treated better then your typical warehouse position. Management is friendly but hard to track down in a large warehouse, I think if more of the procedures like getting a updated serial number were automated instead of looking for management to help things would run faster and smoother.
Pros
fun contests every month, slient auctions are awesome.
Fun place to work
Education Division Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: D&H was a fun Employee Owned company to work for. I like gadgets and we sold computer hardware, Software and electronics so I was like a kid in a candy store. There were many promotions and give-a-ways to be had. Everyday posed a different challenge.

Cons: Sr Management lead through fear. They wanted you to be afraid that around any corner your could find yourself unemployed.
Productive and hard working, light hearted workers with heavy workloads
Warehouse worker/ Picker (Former Employee) –  Fresno,CAAugust 19, 2014
Clock in prepare R/F Scanners and meet for pre work stretches, find boxes for picking and executing orders in a timely fashion. Helping out with packaging and then delivery..
Pros
Friendly personel, very intuitive management and employee owned company
Cons
Very strict late policy
Sorry company
Picker (Former Employee) –  Newnan, gaJuly 14, 2014
Like some of the employees, they have their favorites who get the good work. Most stand around and talk, bosses flirt with the female employees and let them get away with anything. Some office workers are nice but some look out for their friends. When it come time for sales their friends get the good stuff. Most people there want to quit but can't because they need a job. Stay away.
Pros
ESOP if you last that long
Cons
Everything else
awful company
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 2, 2014
The company could be a great company its just the management. The way the run the company is awful. They have us working 10hrs for two days and then at the end of the week they takes the overtime from us. If i work for it i want to keep it.They don't pay us for driving an equipment.
well diverse company, always room for promotion
WAREHOUSE SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 1, 2014
Typical work day would be about 50-130 orders a day, picked and packed, scanned in, counted, and closed out. It varied with the season and holiday. About 15 people in our department. 4 manifestors, 7 reach truck pickers, and the rest on foot picking small orders.
Pros
adavnces and recognition
Fun atmosphere with generous PTO offered to all employees
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 4, 2014
Great place to work with a family style atmosphere. Most days are so busy that time just flies by. The managers are courteous and actually care about their employees. The co-workers are great and always helpful. The hardest part of the job is having enough time to handle the workload.
Pros
PTO, employee pricing on merchandise, casual days
Cons
Pay scale is not of current market and raises are scarce
Friendly work environment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 31, 2014
What I found most amazing about my job was that it consisted of me interacting with my employees on a daily basis. I always learned something new about myself and the employer, whether it was my job assignment, or a completed task at hand. During my time at D&H Distributing, I found out that it was always room for improvement, which meant that if I didn't quite understand something all I had to do is ask questions and pay attention, so that I wouldn't make the same mistake again.
Pros
Esop company/Great benefits such as healthcare, dental and vison, 401K
Cons
It takes a very long time to get hired on at, D&H Distributing and they play alot of favortism to most of their employees
Just stay away form this company.
Processor, Auditor, Expected to load trucks (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 22, 2014
You will quickly get the picture should you get employment. I was told. Remember you wanted this.
Nothing good to say about management. My recommendation is not to approach management about anything if you get a job. Remain the robot they expect.
Co-workers were fine. Misery loves company.
Demoralizing and absolutely a extremely filthy place
Leaving I am so glad not have this in my life.
Pros
Got nominated for employee of the month
Cons
Got terminated within the hour of being nominated for employee of the month
Stay far away from D&H
minion (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 13, 2014
D&H has their cult followers and if you don't conform, you will have issues. Management is a joke and there is NO room to advance in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at D&H Distributing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8