D&S Community Services Employee Reviews

Review
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 14, 2017
good place to work. can move up within the company. Great benefits. Paid time off, health insurance, dental and vision for all full time employees. really helpful
Stressful yet Rewarding
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 12, 2017
As the ED a standard day entailed crisis management, state audits, HR team building, budget/financial meetings with corporate, continually educating oneself on state laws, and most importantly ensuring every intellectually disabled individual is safe, happy, and as independent as possible. The workplace culture was that of growth while strategically balancing quality versus quantity to ensure all services are person centered.
Pros
working with the indivduals; continually learning; exceptional corporate team
Cons
excessive work hours
Na
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 5, 2017
I don't have an applicable review at this point and time. Easy to hire and fairly easy for advancement. Competitive wages for the area in question. Fairly enjoyable
d & s is not for career
Home Health Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 2, 2017
no advancements, horrible benefits, politics, no anonymity at all. Losing skills. I cannot wait to find another job. I tried to get away with less than 150 characters because I have nothing good to say about this job
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
nobody to cover your shift, paper charting
Good Place to work when have Enough Nurses and no Deadweight.
RN (Former Employee) –  NurseJune 2, 2017
Great Educational Opportunities, to grow if have done HCS before. QA is Bad. Need to get Read of some that are not Nurses, try to be and fail. Sean Levy and black lady at SA, are horrible. They do not know nursing and fail. Alot of drama, back stabbing, discrimination. SA ED too young, inexperienced. Not understand people.
Pros
Good Wages, Some Flexibility
Cons
Qa, Horrible Supervising Nurses. Calls from below on Mondays.
Good people
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 30, 2017
D&S has some good people working there. They have a good mission with some very dedicated staff who love what they do. They serve some very difficult people who need the compassion and care they provide.
Pros
Mission
Cons
A lot of travel
Case Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 29, 2017
D&S has really great people who work for the company and truly care about the individuals with disabilities! Rewarding, but difficult job. Takes the right person.
Pros
Work enviorment
great
company representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX'May 20, 2017
awesome company very good place to work for
family friendly
trying to fill up this space on minimum characters so I can move past this page and it needs
decent place to work
DSP1 (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 15, 2017
The job is pretty relaxing over night you do have to stay up, that's with any job. The consumers are pretty good people and normal i happen to have teenagers. the listen well. i love this job as a night job when i don't have to work the next day. they are flexible on when you can work and can't mostly. there is always room too make extra hours!
Pros
flexible
Cons
consumers can get rowdy
It was a job.
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 12, 2017
Management does not care about their staff. Its poor benefits. I have learned a lot at the company. Its just they are not organized and do not gives raises.

Want to know more about D&S Community Services?

Ask a question
needs improvement
DSP (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 7, 2017
if your in good with the office staff your job is easy. If you aren't then you get no help or support. They don't give raises. communication is lacking in this company.
Pros
the people supported are amazing
Cons
the office staff needs improving
Relaxing job but the pay sucks
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 4, 2017
I've only worked here for about 2 month now and I like the clients and most of the employees. I feel as though the company doesn't care about their employees enough to give them a raise. I know people who have worked here for 5+ years and they are still being paid the same as new employees.
Pros
Relaxing, light house cleaning
Cons
No breaks, bad health insurance, Bad pay, minimum overtime, etc.
The individual are a joy to be around and get to know them better.
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 1, 2017
The company is not a great company. They have lack of communication, unprofessional and unorganized. The individuals who I work with are great individuals full with jokes and laugher always wanting to have a good time. The company has bad employees, bad leadership and bad communication skills.
cheap company
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 25, 2017
only git paid $9 when wendys pays more and the job is just as bad would rather work at mcdonalds or something. terrible pay and long hours and they mess up my check
Going out of business
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2017
The company had a major layoff in March and now the offices are short staffed. Management is horrible and the turnover for this company is higher than a McDonalds. This place is good for a quick paycheck. It is drama city with unprofessional staff and political nation with upper management playing favorites.
Pros
You can lie about the hours you work and you'll still get paid for it
Cons
Everything except the clients
Learning of people with diabilities
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 22, 2017
I have never worked in a field of this sort, but until I learned the served recipient and the abilities that they can do of course with my help either 50% or 100% I learned from them about my ability to help someone that depends soley on me for their every need beside my kids.
Pros
better pay rate and employee appreciation
Cons
getting to take care of someone and they show appreciation
Productive and interesting
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 12, 2017
A typical day for me at this job when I was employed was I would arrive at work at 10pm. I would clock in then I would double check med passes from the previous shift to make sure there were no errors. Most of my clients would already be in bed. I would start laundry and clean the kitchen area. then around 2 or 3 am i would start cleaning bathrooms, mopping all floors and dusting. at 6 am i had to wake up a few of my clients to take their meds. then i would prepare breakfast. at 7am i would wake all 13 clients to take meds. also when i arrived on shift it was mandatory to take water temps in kitchen and all bathrooms. and count all medicines in the "controlled" box
Pros
I was able to work by myself which I enjoyed
Cons
personally there were really no cons i absolutely enjoyed my job and my clients
Program Manager-Micromanger
Case Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 10, 2017
too much micro management. Always being asked to forward or cc emails. Always going behind your back to to see if work was done. no faith in employees
Pros
good co workers
Cons
micro management, large caseload, false promises
Okay place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 4, 2017
Not the best place to be employed but definitely not the worst. I had issues with my pay but it was finally corrected after talking to corporate. Nursing positions are limited.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Lack of oppportunity
Unstable work enviromment and lack of communication with management and staff
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 4, 2017
Unstable working conditions with poor supervision towards the consumers.No professionalism low pay. No advancement or position is stable with company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at D&S Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5