D&S Community Services Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible work place hostile enviroment
Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2016
This Nashville office sucks they are bullies and the people in the office ghetto . They want to talk to you like you a child and you are grown .They act like they are 12. I do not recommend anyone to work at this horrible place . Not professional at All.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE THEY DO NOT OFFER 401K MATCH NO SICK TIME, NO VACATION, JUST PERSONAL TIME AND YOU ONLY GET 2 HOURS OF PTO EVERY 2 WEEKS
Waste of time to work here
Protection From Harm Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 13, 2016
Lack of quality standards. Only care about their bonuses. They dislike anyone not promoted within. Upper management will throw you under a bus, then run you over a few times, while lying to their boss about their failures, and make you their scapegoat.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, terrible state QA scores. No communication.
Horrible, disgraceful, and unethical company.
Former dsp (Former Employee) –  Catlettsburg, KYApril 7, 2016
This is the worst company I've ever worked for. They don't follow regulations and the management doesn't care about the individuals. It's all about money and budgets and trying to cover up anything that may prove they're in the wrong. They don't want anyone honest or ethical working there.
Pros
The individuals
Cons
Horrible management, unorganized, unethical, immoral, dishonest, dirty and shady.
The interview.
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 1, 2016
I was called,did a phone interview,went to the office for another interview,showed up on time, was interview an hour or so later,was told about being contacted about the training classes but that didnt happen ,got a letter in the mail about not meeting the qualifications,This wasted my gas,my time and my energy,if I had of know this I would of not went,you have people out here looking for jobs and places turning them away,well depends on who they are and what they look like ,I guess..
Newer company with potential
LPN (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 1, 2016
I currently started working here and can honestly say that this is one of the better agencies in this area. The staff seem to be focused on the individuals and make them their top priority. Management listens to staff and tries to improve in areas that aren't working and try to explain why things have to be the way they are when changes aren't feasible. They offer overtime but go out of their way to find relief when there are call ins instead of leaving staff stuck at work. I love my job and I am so thankful I decided to give this agency a chance.
Pros
401 K, insurance, overtime if you want it, higher pay
Awesome workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJune 27, 2016
Amazing workplace, but it is hard to balance work and home life.

A typical day includes assisting clients with meal prep and often times showering.

the management is phenomenal
Good people
RSS (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 6, 2016
Great environment for people safe place to work and enjoyed the clients there. I enjoyed spending time with them
Productive work place
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2015
Here you take care of the clients and the company will take care of you. I have been here a little of two years. and I have enjoyed working here if you have a heart then this is a place to be. they treat you like family because they are all very close.
The Secretary
DSP-CLS (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYApril 29, 2016
This woman is a very terrible person to work with and/or around. She is very rude and disrespectful. She seems to believe that she is more than she truly is and definitely attempts to act that way. She told me that this job "comes before your family", and that it didn't matter what went on with my husband or child I HAD TO be at work regardless. I was never paid the proper wage or for the proper amount of time that I had worked and when I asked for copies of my time sheets she refused and had no right or reason, there was not client names or house numbers on my time sheet so there was no confidentiality breaching risk, she just flat out didn't want me to find out that she had changed my times, I know she did this because when I turned in my last time sheet she scoffed at the idea that I had spent many hours on "modules". I would not advise ANYONE to work at this establishment. The pay is ridiculous and your coworkers are very unhappy greedy people. This place is ALL about the MONEY, not the quality of life of the clients. The secretary I speak of has the office as soon as you walk on the left, I would advise you avoid her office at all costs. This woman has a special talent for twisting and lying about whatever she can to make herself feel powerful.
Pros
The Clients are amazing!
Cons
The coworkers are absolutely terrible, secretary and admin are even worse!
Horrible management
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJuly 27, 2015
Horrible management and overall job culture- no one ever seemed happy to come to work every day, and at the end of the day, the bottom line was about money and not the clients. Personally, I was disappointment to learn this and did not like working for this crooked company, that didn't even have a budget to buy Christmas presents for special needs adults. Such a shame.
working with the people who needs the attention.
Direct Support Personnel (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2015
Good place to display your kindness to others. It is a job I look forward to going to in the evening. Teaching someone to dress, cook and clean is a way for me to serve others the way God meant fore us to do.
Pros
helping others
Cons
the healthcare
Horrible company
Full-time Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 10, 2015
Fun Filled Social Interactions
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work involves getting out in the community with my clients. Whether it be window shopping or actual purchases they love to be on the go. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smile on the faces of my clients when they have pleasant experiences in their day. I get along well with my coworkers. There is one other young lady that works with me on shift. We work well as a team. I have deep respect for my managers. I feel I can come to them if I have any issues in the workplace. I learned while working for D&S that no matter how many times you go through training there is always something new to learn about the job in which you perform.
A day consisting of keeping the patients heatlhy and living as normal as possible
DSP (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 28, 2014
Meal preparations, Baths, community outings, brief changes
Ive been in this field going on 3 yrs im learning new thigs everyday.
I think management could be a lot better than what it is such as more professional.
I love my co workers we work as a team thats a good way to get the job done.
When the patients have a bad behavior but other than that I love my job.
My most enjoyable part of the day is seeing our patients happy, and laughing!
Pros
bring our own lunch
Cons
no breaks, no health care
I myself don't find the comany very productive when it comes to payroll or communication.
Personal Assistant/CNA (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TNAugust 20, 2014
This company recently took over my former employer homes and I choose to stay with them in hopes that the company would be better but I feel that I have made a bad choice so now I am in search of a new job and hate to do this and leave the family that I have been with for nearly three years. This company has given me no choice as I have expressed my thoughts to my supervisor and still no satisfaction with nothing.
Pros
free meals
Cons
poor communication, no one knows what's going on, and so on.
Overworke,d underpaid, no support ,high turnover rates, no life
Home manager (Current Employee) –  Denton, TxOctober 6, 2014
I have been working with D&S for a few months and in these few months I can say there is no communication everything is completely spontaneous and unorganized. The pay and health plan do not even compare to the work that you have to do if you're in need of immediate help the office staff will not help you. They literally only do their 9-5 mon-fir and that's it! I am a mon-fri fulltime staff and I probably work more then the people in the office. I pull 70hr weeks because of no staff and people calling in my advice to anyone considering this job. Is don't take it unless you have to and continue looking to work somewhere else because you won't be appreciated
Pros
lots of overtime, working with clients of the home
Cons
no breaks, not enough pay!, sometimes you get stuck at the job
Really like working in the HR department
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJune 24, 2014
My days are very busy, I like to stay busy. I like the new hire process. The most enjoyable part of my job, is that I get to meet a lot of different people with wide ranges of skills and personality. Though HR works as a whole, there is no "team building"... everyone has their own specific jobs, and they tend to be pretty complacent with their assignments. I also think that is the hardest part of my job... not being part of a team. I am very people oriented and the other staff and clients (outside of HR) are great to work with and I meet a lot of new people. I am very customer service oriented, and working in my department, I don't get to interact with people much after the hiring process is complete.
Most unorganized and unprofessional place I've ever worked!
Direct service professional (Current Employee) –  CookevilleJune 22, 2014
D&S Community services is the worst place to work. They never have a balanced schedule and always do things last minute.They keep you overworked and underpaid constantly and only care about the profit they make off of their clients. They warn you that the conservator for their clients is very strict and does white glove inspections. She is verbally abusive towards the staff. D&S is for profit and constantly remind their employees of that. I honestly don't think they care about their clients, they just view them as an income. I am currently in route to applying for other jobs elsewhere.
Pros
best clients ever
Cons
understaffed, underpaid, overworked
Decent place to work
District Manager / Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 1, 2014
Helping those that cannot help themselves makes for a very rewarding day. With this position, there is really no formal training. You learn by doing. As with any job, you want always understand or agree with some of the decisions made by top management. It's a fun place to work and most of the coworkers are awesome. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling that you have made a difference in someone's life.
It's the heart rewards that matter most.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 4, 2013
I truly enjoyed working with D&S. At times, it got a little hectic and mundane, but the clients kept me going as they were loving, kind, and fun. Of course, there was always one or two who would drive me nuts - but, they were a good lesson for me in patience.
I felt the DSP could have been paid more because most of them work EXTREMELY hard. So, it would have been nice to see them gain financially because of this. I realize that there are some people who are DSP that shouldn't be, but typically their karma bites them in the butt.
My coworkers and bosses have huge hearts for the people they are serving, which is refreshing.
Pros
a caring bunch of individuals to work with
Cons
often directed by the financial bottom line

2.2