D&T Trucking Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Stressful work environment with no training
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work here was extremely stressful. No guidance and not a single ounce of training. You are punished for not knowing what to do without any guidance or training whatsoever. Co-workers are vindictive and you work in a drama filled environment.
Beingable to be a selfstarter
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manor, TXAugust 29, 2013
My day started by opening up the office at 3:30 AM, checking messages, and preparing for the day. I was able to learn a lot about computers, and other office equipment, and time management. I would say that the hardest part about the job was getting up at 3:00 am. I really enjoyed being involved in the whole aspect of running the office.
Pros
being able to be a selfstarter, being able to work from home
Cons
very little time off, phone calls at home about work from employees
Enjoyed my job for 19 years.
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNMay 21, 2013
I have always loved Semi trucks. I attended Pro Driving School as soon as I turned 21. I Have driven truck ever since.
The last few years driving has been less rewarding because when I first started fuel was about .90 cents a gallon ,now it is over $4.00. My truck is getting old and the expenses and fuel result in less profit. I have two children 12 and 8 yrs. old. I want to be home more for them.
I was able to get along well with other drivers,management and people where I delivered the products I was hauling.
I have learned that no matter what the job is some days are much better than others but that is just a fact of life.A person needs to accept that.
Pros
i love to drive.
Cons
stress, fuel prices, keeping up with truck expenses and being away from family.
Great Job for a single person an Great pay excellent benefits.
Field Coordinator (Onsite Oilfield) (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJuly 24, 2012
Sit on job site an back in sand trucks all day & do all paper work an fill out all data sheets.
Learned quite a bit working with the frac crews an different sands.
Boss/Supervisors were alright could of had a better trainer.
Co-workers were pretty good people we all got along pretty good.
Hardest part was staying away from home for months at a time &/or staying on location for 24plus hours at a time.
Most enjoyable part was traveling an seeing different places
Decent work place
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJuly 13, 2012
I was usually gone out of town working onsite oilfield. I learned a lot about the drilling and fracing companies and how things worked. Management wasn't terrible. Sometimes Management had poor communication. Most of the co-workers were friends of mine. Hardest part or the job was being gone away from family and friends. Also, the west Texas heat was rough at times. I enjoyed seeing new paces.