D'Artagnan is the nation’s leading purveyor of all-natural and organic poultry and game, free-range meats, foie gras, wild mushrooms, and truffles.
Our company has grown in recent years in bringing quality products to restaurants, retail chains and, most recently, directly to consumers’ home kitchens. We are growing and researching new products every day ... Would you like to be a part of an innovational and reliable company that reaches for excellence every day?
We are currently seeking a Inside Sales/ Customer Service Representative who will have the following responsiblities:
Work cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the distribution team to grow existing customers, create new customers while increasing customer satisfaction.
- Receive and enter customer orders into the system.
- Setup and maintain customer files in system
- Assist in the coordination of emergency deliveries.
- Issue customer credits.
- Reconcile shortages.
- Interact with customers to resolve issues and concerns.
- Notify customers of changes of product availability and policy changes.
- Notify Purchasing Department of special or unusual orders.
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery
- Fill requests for catalogs, information or samples
- Strong communication skills.
- Organized and thorough in record maintenance.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to deal with customers directly.
- Basic level computer/data entry skills.
- Two years of customer service experience.
High School Diploma Required.
Some college preferred.