D'Angelo Employee Reviews

A Follow the Leader Company
Management (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 3, 2016
This company has the potential to be a great force in its area, However the corporate ideology of follow what you are told and don't "rock the boat" leaves them mediocre at best.

The culture between training locations and normal stores varies a great deal. Most General Managers that are not at a training location tweak the rules in their own way. Very much the "Perfect world" v.
"Real World"

Their product is good and the food generally is quality and tastes great. However their prices like most places only go up,

Management wise your 50 plus hours at work will be filled with not enough time to run the store plus do the work they expect to be done every day. Also they expect you to cover any schedule gaps or issues that occur if no coverage is available. So really in a store without a rock solid staff you can expect 50-55 hours in a week.

No Bonus structure is set, nor is any substantial reward for exceptional performance exists. They do have usually a contest of some sort going on, usually increase sales for one item or two and the top store management gets like an tablet or Smart watch..ect. No Cash though.

In the end glimpse of potential but their lack to take care of their employees above the average, Their higher than average prices, and lack of listening to their front line people, brings them down to an average company with the ability to do much much better.
Pros
Good Food, Average Pay, Job security, easy to succeed if driven
Cons
pay for food as employee, Nobody listens to front line people, Follow the leader mentality, Overworks management, No cash bonus structure.
Stressful
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 24, 2016
I didn't enjoy working at d'angelos because of a few things. One of the reason I left d'angelos was due to the lack of hours. I felt they took advantage of me as when I got hired I was a minor
Making sandwiches
Sandwich Specialist (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTDecember 13, 2015
Fast paced environment , management and coworkers work together ,learn how to respect each other and being kind to customers,hardest is being steady, enjoyable part is the people there
Productive and clean workplace.
Team Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2015
A typical day at work was either working most of the day on grill for me, had a few cleaning projects, would train incoming employees. I learned to have better communication skills and be a team player. Management at the establishment was decent, could've been a bit better in helping out training a bit more. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with dissatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to talk with my co workers and getting to know each of them a bit more.
Pros
20% discount coupons for team members for food purchases.
Cons
Hardly any breaks, no consistency in hours.
Great start
Member (Former Employee) –  MASeptember 29, 2015
Great place to work to get yourself a start into the workforce. Fast paced, non-stop work that can be tough, but moves the day faster. Helps you develop a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
Productive and fun workplace
COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket,RIJuly 7, 2015
A typical day of work at D'angelos was good,I got to interact with different customers that come into the restaurant and give them really good food to eat. I have learned so much from working at D'angelos I learned that teamwork is really important because with teamwork everything can run smoothly within the restaurant. My co-workers were the best when I worked there they were friendly, positive, and was able to teach anything new within the restaurant. I really liked my manager at D'angelos she was the best she would always give me good feedback when I did something good. The hardest part of the job had to come during our lunch rush when a lot of people would come into the restaurant at one time and we would have so much to do, but we would create a system into what order we would do the tickets in. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job would be putting smiles on customers faces making them feel welcome when they walk in. and also the customer service because good customer service goes along way in a restaurant.
Pros
Discounts, and great customer service
Cons
No breaks
hard work and fast paced
SANDWICH MAKER (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 10, 2015
It is a fast paced environment without the chance to relax. Hard work and friendly atmosphere with the responsibility to make sure that every one that steps in that door leaves happy.
Pros
Great time to learn how to work hard
Cons
I had to leave dedham to move back into springfield
Great opportunity to inter act with people
Line/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAMarch 2, 2015
I would like to earn more money and be able to travel to visit family and friends. I enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
A fast paced and fun workplace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHDecember 2, 2014
This job involves prep cooking, cooking, cleaning, using the register, and customer service. Almost anyone willing to work hard and get their hands dirty can do this job, and the management is usually willing to work with you concerning your schedule. It is fast paced and the work is constant, so the shift flies by quickly.
Pros
free/discounted meals
Cons
you will smell like the job.
Nice place to work
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHJuly 31, 2014
A typical day at work started by setting up the tables and getting ready for a busy day. Management was superior. The best part of the job was the community of the workers. it was more then just a job.
Pros
free lunches, nice enviornment
coworker and management are good. Learn how to deal with vendor and customer.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJuly 27, 2014
great place as food industry,
nice coworkers and management.
Always have fun working.
horrible management and environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTMay 28, 2014
id come in to work and there would be nothing i need to do my job correct my co-workers were very much lazy so i had to pick up slack
Pros
free sandwiches
Cons
no help from co workers
Fast pace, day by day job.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAMarch 23, 2014
I cook and make sandwiches. I ring in sales. I keep the customers happy. I upsell merchandise or daily options the company is having. I have learned how to cook on the flat top and manage cash. My coworkers are fun to work with and we help each other when needed. The hardest part of my job is trying to please unhappy customers. But the most enjoyable part is making those unhappy customers happy when they leave.
Pros
being in a open enviornment
Great job for high school students.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 7, 2014
As a crew member you have to do almost everything in the workplace. You open and close the store, you clean it as well. You wash the utensils in the back, etc, etc. It's a team job. The hardest part of the job is closing the store because there's a time limit, and you have probably 2-3 co-workers all trying to finish in time.
Pros
free lunches, nice co-workers, great hours.
Cons
pay.
For a good start
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2014
In D'Angelo I learned how to become a manager they provide the necessary tools to teach how to be one of them, really nice place to work, friendly and cozy.
Pros
bonuses
faced paced environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJanuary 31, 2014
Open restaurant. Take counter orders from customers as well as phone orders. Prepare and cook food. Ring out orders on cash register. Very demanding fast paced job.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, poor compensation
Enjoyed co-workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIDecember 16, 2013
Was here about 3 years and thorugh that time there wasnt much to say positive. Not much room for advancement, management was never around. I am happy for being able to have been employed but had to leave to find something more suitable for me.
It's a very easy going environment. Has some of the best food. You learn a lot about people and work ethics.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTNovember 13, 2013
We are always busy at D'Angelos. As a manger I have to make sure how to deal with difficult customers and crew. I have to make sure that both my customers and crew are happy. We have to be pepare all the time for the customer flow. My boss is a very sweet and understanding person. She makes everyone feel comfortable and a fun place to work. The crew is well trained and they know what they are doing especially when it comes to serve the customers. The hardest part would be maintaining the prep work. The most enjoyable part of the work is working together to solve problems and have fun at work.
Pros
free food.
Cons
no benefits.
Crew Member, D’Angelos
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTNovember 7, 2013
• Took customers orders for food and beverages.
• Cooked food to order on grill.
• Stocked items for following day and closed store according to company procedures.
Great food but poor management
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  South Dartmouth, MAOctober 29, 2013
Took orders over the phone as well as face to face. Poor management made it unbearable to stay any longer.

2.6