D'Angelo Employee Reviews

Great place to work !
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 29, 2017
Overall a fast-paced friendly environment. Crew is like family . i love the company from day one . a lot of potential for growth within the company . . .
Pros
Potential for growth
it was an okay job
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHJune 6, 2017
I enjoyed the job its self but however the manager at the restraint I worked at was very sexually inappropriate towards me and not to mention I was the only female employee he had hired to work with a crew of male workers and I don't feel that was an okay thing to have done as a manager or any human being for that matter.
not a bad place to work as a first job
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 22, 2017
if you can be fast paced and you need a job, this place is the best first job is good to have. the people there like to mess around but work at the same time. The manager is cool as long you do the job the right way. plus on weekends it get very busy and sometimes the bartender splits his tips with the dishwashers.
Pros
free food at times. good first job
Cons
can be stressful
A decent place to work if they have decent staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  MAApril 25, 2017
I have worked in four different locations, and the strongest stores all had GMs who knew how to cross train their employees and worked best with the employees of each shift. Stores that were not strong had staffing issues-- a GM would hire their friends, some employees would get away with some things whereas other employees did not. It was difficult for the GMs to repremand bad behavior-- if you had to fire staff who always showed up late, you suddenly had to call in extra people to cover that person's shifts for the week, and it didn't always work. In a store that isn't doing well with staffing, Management can end up doing weeks without a day off, and easily 60+hours/week instead of the scheduled 50.

Its a good place to work if your store is well staffed, and a circus if it isn't.
Pros
opportunity to climb the management ladder quickly, good hours to hard workers
Cons
many stores with staffing issues, Not all stores give you your designated 30 minute break
Stressful, boring, unrewarding
Sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTApril 20, 2017
I dislike working there. It's very stressful and unrewarding. Hours are always being cut and most of the employees are slow at there job. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Cut hours, no benefits
Fast paced, tight workspace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMarch 26, 2017
Generally everything is organized well & functioning as should, but management should improvise different techniques when it comes to training. Everything is taught in detail, yet not effectively. Team members rarely communicated with the managers & shift leaders well enough to ensure proper flow & completion of tasks.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No room to breathe
Not good
Delivery Driver, Cashier, and Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 25, 2017
Just stay away. This place reeks of poor management, underpaid employees, and untrained management who do not care about their employees. As an employee you do not even get a free lunch and you have to pay half price.
4 years
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  West Warwick, RIMarch 8, 2017
D'angelo is a good starting job while you are young but when you get older you may get sick of food. Also corporate is not that great to work with either. In my opinion they do not care about their workers.
Pros
no late nights
Cons
barely any breaks
Great company that takes care of their people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHFebruary 26, 2017
Overall, this is a great company to work for. The pay is decent, and their is always opportunity to advance. I would have stayed with them for much longer, but my general manager was an issue and my area manager unfortunately didn't see that (even though the GM went through 6 managers in the 3 years she had been GM and they all left because of her). I have nothing bad to say about the company or anyone there other than my GM. I would highly recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Meal discounts, benefits, pay
Cons
10+ hour shifts, my GM
great place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MADecember 19, 2016
Loved working at D'Angelo. excellent work environment. excellent training department. good hours, room for advancement. just a plan all around good company
Pros
excellent work schedule
Cons
can't think of any
Productive and fast pace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Westford, MANovember 17, 2016
It is a very fast paced restaurant location. You are constantly on the go. The team is wonderful, very hard working and constantly working together. Can be a little stressful at times but all in all a great work environment! Great job for someone just starting out.
Pros
Discount on lunches good pay
Cons
Too far of a travel for me
A Follow the Leader Company
Management (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 3, 2016
This company has the potential to be a great force in its area, However the corporate ideology of follow what you are told and don't "rock the boat" leaves them mediocre at best.

The culture between training locations and normal stores varies a great deal. Most General Managers that are not at a training location tweak the rules in their own way. Very much the "Perfect world" v.
"Real World"

Their product is good and the food generally is quality and tastes great. However their prices like most places only go up,

Management wise your 50 plus hours at work will be filled with not enough time to run the store plus do the work they expect to be done every day. Also they expect you to cover any schedule gaps or issues that occur if no coverage is available. So really in a store without a rock solid staff you can expect 50-55 hours in a week.

No Bonus structure is set, nor is any substantial reward for exceptional performance exists. They do have usually a contest of some sort going on, usually increase sales for one item or two and the top store management gets like an tablet or Smart watch..ect. No Cash though.

In the end glimpse of potential but their lack to take care of their employees above the average, Their higher than average prices, and lack of listening to their front line people, brings them down to an average company with the ability to do much much better.
Pros
Good Food, Average Pay, Job security, easy to succeed if driven
Cons
pay for food as employee, Nobody listens to front line people, Follow the leader mentality, Overworks management, No cash bonus structure.
Stressful
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 24, 2016
I didn't enjoy working at d'angelos because of a few things. One of the reason I left d'angelos was due to the lack of hours. I felt they took advantage of me as when I got hired I was a minor
good place for a teenger to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMarch 21, 2016
it was a great start to my shift leader career the hrs weren't to bad and the manager was good the only thing was that I got hrs deducted from my time card if I had over time they would take the over time off so that they would not be over hrs.
Pros
good food
Cons
deducted hrs from time card
Making sandwiches
Sandwich Specialist (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTDecember 13, 2015
Fast paced environment , management and coworkers work together ,learn how to respect each other and being kind to customers,hardest is being steady, enjoyable part is the people there
Productive and clean workplace.
Team Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2015
A typical day at work was either working most of the day on grill for me, had a few cleaning projects, would train incoming employees. I learned to have better communication skills and be a team player. Management at the establishment was decent, could've been a bit better in helping out training a bit more. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with dissatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to talk with my co workers and getting to know each of them a bit more.
Pros
20% discount coupons for team members for food purchases.
Cons
Hardly any breaks, no consistency in hours.
Great start
Member (Former Employee) –  MASeptember 29, 2015
Great place to work to get yourself a start into the workforce. Fast paced, non-stop work that can be tough, but moves the day faster. Helps you develop a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
Productive and fun workplace
COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket,RIJuly 7, 2015
A typical day of work at D'angelos was good,I got to interact with different customers that come into the restaurant and give them really good food to eat. I have learned so much from working at D'angelos I learned that teamwork is really important because with teamwork everything can run smoothly within the restaurant. My co-workers were the best when I worked there they were friendly, positive, and was able to teach anything new within the restaurant. I really liked my manager at D'angelos she was the best she would always give me good feedback when I did something good. The hardest part of the job had to come during our lunch rush when a lot of people would come into the restaurant at one time and we would have so much to do, but we would create a system into what order we would do the tickets in. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job would be putting smiles on customers faces making them feel welcome when they walk in. and also the customer service because good customer service goes along way in a restaurant.
Pros
Discounts, and great customer service
Cons
No breaks
hard work and fast paced
SANDWICH MAKER (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 10, 2015
It is a fast paced environment without the chance to relax. Hard work and friendly atmosphere with the responsibility to make sure that every one that steps in that door leaves happy.
Pros
Great time to learn how to work hard
Cons
I had to leave dedham to move back into springfield
Great opportunity to inter act with people
Line/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAMarch 2, 2015
I would like to earn more money and be able to travel to visit family and friends. I enjoy working in a fast paced environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at D'Angelo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7