D'Angelo

D'Angelo Employee Reviews

hard work and fast paced
SANDWICH MAKER (Former Employee), Dedham, MAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great time to learn how to work hard
Cons: I had to leave dedham to move back into springfield
It is a fast paced environment without the chance to relax. Hard work and friendly atmosphere with the responsibility to make sure that every one that steps in that door leaves happy.
Great opportunity to inter act with people
Line/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Hyde Park, MAMarch 2, 2015
I would like to earn more money and be able to travel to visit family and friends. I enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
A fast paced and fun workplace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free/discounted meals
Cons: you will smell like the job.
This job involves prep cooking, cooking, cleaning, using the register, and customer service. Almost anyone willing to work hard and get their hands dirty can do this job, and the management is usually willing to work with you concerning your schedule. It is fast paced and the work is constant, so the shift flies by quickly.
Nice place to work
Deli clerk (Former Employee), West Lebanon, NHJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice enviornment
A typical day at work started by setting up the tables and getting ready for a busy day. Management was superior. The best part of the job was the community of the workers. it was more then just a job.
coworker and management are good. Learn how to deal with vendor and customer.
Manager (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAJuly 27, 2014
great place as food industry,
nice coworkers and management.
Always have fun working.
horrible management and environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTMay 28, 2014
Pros: free sandwiches
Cons: no help from co workers
id come in to work and there would be nothing i need to do my job correct my co-workers were very much lazy so i had to pick up slack
Fast pace, day by day job.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Falmouth, MAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: being in a open enviornment
I cook and make sandwiches. I ring in sales. I keep the customers happy. I upsell merchandise or daily options the company is having. I have learned how to cook on the flat top and manage cash. My coworkers are fun to work with and we help each other when needed. The hardest part of my job is trying to please unhappy customers. But the most enjoyable part is making those unhappy customers happy when they leave.
Great job for high school students.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Holyoke, MAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice co-workers, great hours.
Cons: pay.
As a crew member you have to do almost everything in the workplace. You open and close the store, you clean it as well. You wash the utensils in the back, etc, etc. It's a team job. The hardest part of the job is closing the store because there's a time limit, and you have probably 2-3 co-workers all trying to finish in time.
For a good start
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: bonuses
In D'Angelo I learned how to become a manager they provide the necessary tools to teach how to be one of them, really nice place to work, friendly and cozy.
faced paced environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Leominster, MAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks, poor compensation
Open restaurant. Take counter orders from customers as well as phone orders. Prepare and cook food. Ring out orders on cash register. Very demanding fast paced job.
Enjoyed co-workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Middletown, RIDecember 16, 2013
Was here about 3 years and thorugh that time there wasnt much to say positive. Not much room for advancement, management was never around. I am happy for being able to have been employed but had to leave to find something more suitable for me.
It's a very easy going environment. Has some of the best food. You learn a lot about people and work ethics.
Manager (Current Employee), Windsor Locks, CTNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free food.
Cons: no benefits.
We are always busy at D'Angelos. As a manger I have to make sure how to deal with difficult customers and crew. I have to make sure that both my customers and crew are happy. We have to be pepare all the time for the customer flow. My boss is a very sweet and understanding person. She makes everyone feel comfortable and a fun place to work. The crew is well trained and they know what they are doing especially when it comes to serve the customers. The hardest part would be maintaining the prep work. The most enjoyable part of the work is working together to solve problems and have fun at work.
Crew Member, D’Angelos
Crew Member (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTNovember 7, 2013
• Took customers orders for food and beverages.
• Cooked food to order on grill.
• Stocked items for following day and closed store according to company procedures.
Great food but poor management
Counter Help (Former Employee), South Dartmouth, MAOctober 29, 2013
Took orders over the phone as well as face to face. Poor management made it unbearable to stay any longer.
The employees are great people.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Leominster, MAJune 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches and drinks
Cons: breaks are only 15 minutes no matter how long you work
On a typical work day, I prep the food for the day, set up the front to get ready for opening, I also do cash from the day before and get the registers set up for the day. Throughout the day I do cash to see how much we are bringing in. I take people's orders, make their food, and ring them out. Also throughout the day there are numerous cleaning projects to get done. I make sure that all my employees are following the rules and enforce them because I am the Assistant Manager. I sometimes do the food order and make the schedule. My part time co workers are great and a lot of them have a good work drive. The Manager and District Manager are not that great. They do not follow laws on meal break and many other things and that is the hardest part of the job because if anyone calls them out on it, they will take away your hours so you don't even get a break. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing customers who come back because we did a great job making their order and they loved it.
Productive and fun workplace. Hands-on work
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Hudson, MAApril 14, 2013
Pros: enjoy working with customers
Cons: short breaks
Average pace work flow. Lunch rush from 12-1. I've learned to cook, ring orders, prep all the food product in the morning, how to place call-ahead orders and how to close and open the drawer/registers. Great management team and co workers. All of them are extremely reliable and hardworking. Hardest part of the job is the rush period. Most enjoyable part of the job is the experience, customers and the great relationship all the co workers have with each other.
Fun work space with friendly employees.
Team Member (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: food, great employees
Cons: hourly rate
A typical day at work would require a team member to greet the customers, ring them up if necessary and most definitely make the food. My co-workers were all very friendly. I was usually the one to start up conversations and keep the smiles on faces whenever we were to get really busy with orders. Our manager was, generally, really cool with all of us. He would share stories, personal and professional, and he just made it an overall great experience working there.
Wonderful family owned restaurant!
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee), Pacific MoJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: manegement!!
Wonderful, caring management! Family owned with great values! Really cared about all their employees and customers!!
alrite work place, only if you want to move to mangment
Crew member (Former Employee), johnston riOctober 6, 2012
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: no brakes
very busy , learned the important meats how to ring the cash registrar,management was okay just did what i was told so i really did not hear anything from them . The co-workers where very help full well all worked as a team . The hardest part of the job for me was really just the times when i worked from open to close. The most enjoyable part is the new people/ customers you meet over time working there
First Paying job at D'Angelos
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 13, 2012
I would take customers orders or prep the food. It depended what my bosses asked of me. When I started out, the management was phenomenal, however toward the end there was new management and it was very poor. My co-workers were great and the breaks were great.
Industry