D'Youville College Employee Reviews in United States

Great College
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 23, 2016
I learned so much of my management skills at DYC. Everyone from employees to students were great. I have nothing but praise for this employer.
Good Place to work
Staff Accountant, Temporary (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 28, 2015
Comfortable work environment. Assisted with the implementation of new software. Navigated through new programs preparing instructions on how to access reports.
Workplace
Clinic Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 9, 2015
Typical work day: Unpredictable and challenging.

What you learned: Have patience, always deliver service with a smile.

Management: Management handles all situations in a way that keeps the company running smoothly.

Hardest part of the job: Seeing patients in pain.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Seeing the progression of a patient in pain become a healthy patient with a smile.
Pros
401K, Health Insurance, paid sick, vacation, and personal days
Fun place to work
Assistant Accountant/bookkeeper -part time (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 14, 2015
• Assisted the comptroller with accounts payable by researching invoice issues and payment information.
• A/R posted payments and adjustments to accounts; researched unidentified payments.
• Recorded general ledger entry and posting using NIAS software for data entry.
• A/P verified vouches for payment, and maintained a file system and rearranged paid and unpaid vendors and invoices.
• Checked invoice dates in AP and matched it with vendors AR dates when resolving issues of double entrees.
Pros
comptroller teaches you a lot
Cons
in front of screen for log hours
Feels Like Home
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 22, 2014
Fun and friendly environment to work in. A place that you'll easily feel home at. Great higher education experience in Buffalo, New York.
Productive and Exciting work place
Filing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 1, 2014
*Co-workers are always kind, helpful, and generous. Everyone has always been nice during work study and willing to help if I ever had issues. They would be on time and productive during their work day. The jobs I did at D'Youville College were enjoyable and helped me get some work experience throughout my college studies.
Under-staffing / Under-resourcing / Poor Management
Graduate Faculty (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2013
The college hires a bare-bones faculty and administration for the department, then overloads both the faculty and administrators to the point of meltdown. Repeated requests to administration for more resources go unheeded. They expect you to work 10 hours a day, seven days a week. Then when tasks are not successfully completed, it is TOTALLY your fault! There is no consideration to the positive successes one may have had for many years.

Student reviews of faculty pretty much TOTALLY impacts if you continue to work here or not. Administration knows they need a better method to evaluate faculty, but somehow it never gets developed.

Very disappointing. If you are thinking of working here.........I would suggest that you keep looking.
Pros
small college environment with dedicated faculty and staff.
Cons
just about every department is severely understaffed, with well-below average pay scale for faculty/staff.
Great Work Atmosphere
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2013
A typical day at work would be mail runs, dropping off tests, answering calls, taking messages, making copies, updating data bases and keeping my workstation tidy. I have learned how to have great communication skills as well as people skills in general. My management is satisfactory, stern but respectful at the same time. My CO-workers foster a positive work environment and they are great with teamwork. The hardest part of the day is working alone when there are many people to tend to, but I do it well and in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing from Alumni that have great success stories, as well as those that enjoy speaking to students. I also love helping people find tutors for their difficult and stressful classes.
Pros
being in a positive work atmosphere.
Cons
n/a
Great place to work for
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 13, 2012
I taught 1st year nursing students course such as Foundations of Nursing, Health Assesment and Care of the Older Adult. For the most part the students were wonderful, the staff very helpful and friendly,had a great time.
Pros
hours, culture, great people to work for /with
Cons
no orientation, few students "rotten apples" comes with territory
Poor management
Assistant Clinical Professor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 15, 2012
A combination of micromanagement by the college upper administration and hands off management at the department level.
Slow response to needed changes (years literally) and a lack of funding makes for slow to no forward movement. Student reviews control your career path.
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
poor working environment, poor management
Loved everything except Buffalo
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 11, 2012
I really enjoyed working here. Lower end salary, but the people who work here are GREAT! The people I worked with were competent, and my bosses were down to earth.
Pros
people, hours, pto
Cons
buffalo, salary
D'Youville College: A place with great Co-workers.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 16, 2012
D'Youville College has been a great place to work for the past 7 years. I started out as a student in 2002, and never left. Although, the working environment is stressful, it has taught me to be more organized, as well as how to work with stressed out vendors and some of our faculty. It also helps that I get along great with my co-workers, and we are always working together to find answers to problems.

As much as I love D'Youville, there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
co-workers, benefits, and every day is a learning experience.
Cons
no room for advancement.