D-Link Employee Reviews

Nice place to work but upper management has major issues
Director of Solutions / Sales Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 7, 2016
Honestly, D-Link was one of the best companies I worked for and one of the worst at the same time. I enjoyed my job and what I did to help the company succeed.

The company moves very slow, and due to that, they are not in the same competition level as other places like Netgear or Ruckus.

The storage platform was dreadfully old, and felt like an antique, yet the company was selling it at prices as NetApp and other small storage companies. While I came in there to help move away from this problem, the person in charge of the storage department while a good man just didn't have the balls to talk to management regarding how old and antique the product was. I ended up doing that for him, and well it got real attention, it wasn't enough to convince Taiwan to work on a new platform.

The biggest problem with D-Link is that they require Taiwan to be involved in every decision, which helps and hurts the company at the same time. Patches for hardware, take eons to develop because Taiwan is not writing the code in a conventional programming language. Instead, they are writing in a language not found in most developed countries. This hurts the company overall because communication is fragile. It takes weeks and months even to get a small fix going, even if it's something as simple as a table to input MAC addresses into a router.

This slow speed is why the company doesn't take pleasure in hiring candidates nor works with vendors to get things done effectively.

I enjoyed my time at D-Link but even though I was let go; I am better off without them as I can't move at that
  more... slow of pace.

Benefits are great at the company, but the health care contract that the company signed on with is atrociously high in price. About 60% of your salary per month is taken out of it. The exchange is a lot cheaper than that, to be honest, and you can get just as good health care coverage. Another issue is the retirement, while I was not enrolled in it as I have my retirement line others had a lot of questions about the coverage and how it works. When you have to have a business advisor from the bank come by to talk to your employees about the retirement plan every six months, that's a problem.

If your planning on working here, my suggestions to you are to watch out for upper management from Taiwan. They will do everything in their power to let you go even if you did nothing wrong (in my case I was let go just because, and had nothing to do with my performance - I have that in writing). Also, watch out for people in the company who like to kiss and the majority of management are people who like to do a lot of kissing. Finally, bring your health insurance and retirement plan over from another company or another system. If you enjoy your paychecks being ripped by the company, then go with their plan.

Also if your let goes, don't even ask for a severance they won't give it to you.
Pros
Allowed to take a lot of breaks. Long lunches
Cons
Upper Management from Taiwan
Network Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Verna, GoaJune 20, 2016
I worked here as an intern and it was a really good place to work.

The team I worked with was great and I got to learn many new things in the field of networking,
Management needs replacement
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 1, 2016
Great name - great product line - could do exceptionally well with the right leadership. They have none. Due to this, DLink has undergone 2 large layoffs in the last 18 months. There is no company loyalty and the middle level MGMT openly air their grievances regarding the EVP.
Pros
Autonomy, decent pay, easy going middle management
Cons
Upper level MGMT lacks any clue as to what they're doing - lots of micro management
Co-worker is friendly, as family members
Accounts Payable Supervisor- Accounting Staff (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 17, 2016
D-link working environment is warm feeling like family. Co-worker friendly, help each others. We share bitten and joyful things together. I have learned a lot from D-link. Management Team taught and trained me much. I grown up from D-link.
Pros
Happy environment to work, Department lunch quarterly
Some good people. Terrible management
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 29, 2016
Overseas headquarters makes working here difficult. Executive has been in place for decade with no external experience other than D-Link. President is not qualified to run a company and the results show. No raises for employees IN YEARS!!! Well, unless you get a promotion.
Excellent opportunity to work in all areas of Human Resources,.
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2015
Excellent opportunity to work in all areas of Human Resources, including:

Organizational Development ▪ Strategic Planning ▪ Career Development ▪ Leadership Training ▪ Cultural Diversity Training
Recruiting and Retention ▪ Employee Relations ▪ Compensation and Benefits ▪ HRIS ▪ Applicant Tracking System ▪ HR Compliance
Wage and Salary Surveys ▪ HR Legal ▪ Leaves of Absence ▪ Payroll and E-Time ▪ Job Descriptions ▪ Policy and Proposal Writing
New Hire Orientation ▪ Worker’s Comp ▪ Safety Programs ▪ Unemployment ▪ Progressive Disciplinary Action ▪ Rewards and Bonuses
Employee Handbook ▪ Performance Appraisal Program ▪ Conflict Resolution ▪ Employee Referral Program ▪ Immigration ▪ Relocation
Great people but not great company
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  fountain valleyAugust 5, 2015
If you're just starting out this is a good place for you to be. The atmosphere is ok and the people are good to work with. The job however will go nowhere. This is purely a stepping stone on to better things. Taiwan makes really poor business decisions and you'll always be afraid to lose your job.

While here I had great management though. The team treats you with respect which is great.

The hardest part of the job is the red tape and knowing you'll never move up no matter how hard you work or how good you are at your job.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
Poor Vacation time, Low Morale at Times, No chance for advancement
Fun workplace ping pong table and pool table
Account Specialist/Executive Assistant to CEO/CFO (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 2, 2015
Great opportunity to learn IT and to experience being an Executive Assistent to the CEO and CFO of the company. It was a fast paced, never boring, quick to find solutions position.
Pros
Great Experience working with Executives
Cons
Long days, worked some weekends.
n/a
Channel Account Manager (Current Employee) –  EastFebruary 27, 2015
Great company to start with. Co-workers are good. Need more direction from management. The benefits are ok. We have to many products and need to focus on our core competencies.
Marketing fun.
Graphics (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2013
- Marketing team has no direction and poor management.
- inconstancy of branding
- Out sources design work to agency when there's a team of designers
- No advancements or pay raises
- Unqualified workers.

Other than that.... Nice people, bball court, vending machines and Christmas parties.
Pros
nice people.
Cons
poor management
Misplaced priorities on a sinking ship
Four Full Time and Six Part Time (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 27, 2012
D-Link is a company badly in need of a culture change. They change directions so quickly that no idea ever has time to take root. They will stand by upper management to the ends of the earth,to the extent that they have almost turned over 3/4 of their workforce since 2008. Yet, most Directors and Managers are still there, feeding off the company teat as the sow goes down with the ship. I am constantly surprised that a company this poorly run stays afloat, but I guess their parent company in Taiwan keeps influxing them with cash. I should point out one thing. They let a manager abuse employees, habitually, for 4 years The guy had 9-10 separate HR reports on him, yet there were no cnsequences... Until he threw a big fit in front of upper brass, and he was immediately, and deservedly, dismissed. It was a rare case of a bad thing happening to a bad person, but honestly, when one guy is turning an entire dept into a he*& hole, shouldnt he have been gone after, say, report #3?
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor pay, rough hours, abusive manager