D.R. Horton

D.R. Horton Employee Reviews

No Career Here
Server Admin (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good Technology
Cons: Management is untrustworthy
No worklife or career advancement. Management makes many promises but in the end they don't keep them. They expect you to work 24/7 literally...while others work whenever they feel like it.
There staff members that consistently work less then others and they are allowed more because of their friendship with managers. If you want a career this is not the place.

They all will LIE to you, once you are in you are stuck.... Keep in mind in 2014 about 22 admins have come and gone because the environment.
Good Corporate Enviroment
Superintendent - Sorrento Bonita Springs (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 27, 2015
Good company to work for and they have many employee activities to help all employees get to know one another. Great upper management.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great work hours
Cons: Management was very inconsistent
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Management was very inconsistent in the way my job title was supervised. The hardest part of the job was receiving help when you really needed it. Learned a lot about the home building process.
Lack of Management and Employee Engagement
Land Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good work/life balance
Cons: Miserable Managerial Approach
A typical day at work consisted of Data and Market Analysis to identify the profitability of potential residential developments. This aspect of the job provided the opportunity to manipulate variables and was the most enjoyable. However, the majority of this work would not be looked at nor would management acknowledge the work being done. Tasks were rarely delivered and goals were never set. Significant turnover occurred during my stint with the company.
Great company to work for
America's Builder (Former Employee), FLMarch 25, 2015
D.R. Horton was a great company to work for. My direct manager (VP of Sales & Marketing) was amazing buy all other upper management team members did not really interact with other employees at the office. Great benefits, I went on maternity leave and when I returned everyone was very accommodating. Not much room for advancement.
Great Benefits
Loan Officer/On Site Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work prior to the housing crash. housing market is up and down so the income for sales people varies as well
Loved working here. Just ran out of work
Prep And Detail (Former Employee), Richmond, CAMarch 15, 2015
Great company to work for had a lot of fun here. Most all the foremen were good and taught me a lot. Would work for them again.
Specific culture
Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: competitive compensation
Cons: can get laid off any time
You will know if you belong. Their is a specific type that will fit in. Hard working and strict to stick to the rules. Most were wary of recent lay offs before I got there. Made everyone on edge and anxious.
Great Environment
Budget Coordinator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 17, 2015
Great environment to work and grow in. Lots of room for learning about the industry and getting promoted to many different departments. Cross-training happens on a daily basis.
Terrible Management
Corporate IT Help Desk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: donnell everitt
Disrespectful, they tell you to ask if you do not know, but when you ask, they talk down to you like you are stupid. They come in with a bad attitude most days, but if you are having a bad day, you should have called in sick, but calling in is frowned upon.
Good job with company recognition
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good compensation..
Cons: miscommunication between the r/e sales and lending
Calling clients that had made offers on builders homes
explaining our loans and what we had to offer

hard working co-workers and realtors

hardest part of the job was controlling interest until
subject was completed
Residential Home Tract
Project Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 9, 2014
Enjoyed working for this company and miss working there. I was hired as a Assistant PM and was promoted to PM. There was a bit of turn-around in the higher management dept. but all and all it was a great company to work for along with the co-workers.
Laid back, great place to work
Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2014
I would recommend this job to anyone. Friendly staff and great managers.
Hitting the work force with a bang!
New Home Consultant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: challenging, learn all the market trends, learn all the mortgage products
Cons: not much room for job advancement
This is a challenging position in which my responsibilities extend beyond sales. I'm responsible for writing contracts, choosing the right lender/loan product for the buyer, ensuring the buyer turns in all relevant mortgage documents on schedule, running construction meetings, ensuring the project is always in its best professional appearance and coordinating closings with the title company.
Awesome place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2014
I loved every minute I had the opportunity to work for Horton. I would have stayed with this company forever if the economy hadn't crashed.
A JOB I SUCCEDED IN BECAUSE OF THE EVERY DAY CHALLANGES
Builder (Former Employee), ATLANTA, GA.July 27, 2014
ARRIVE AT 6:00 AM. AN HOUR AN A HALF BEFORE REQUIRED AND WALK HOUSES. ADJUST SCHEDULE ON HOUSES, CONTACT SUBCONTRACTORS WITH SCHEDULE AND ISSUES. MEET WITH SALES ASSOCIATES ABOUT ANY CONCERNS, UPCOMING CLOSINGS, SCHEDULE WALK THRUS, ADDRESS HOMEOWNER ISSUES. I LEARNED THAT I WANTED TO BE THE BEST. WHATEVER IT TOOK. I NEVER WANYED ANY OTHER BUILDER TO COME IN MY SUBDIVISION AND SAY HE DID THIS WRONG OR LOOK AT THAT. I THRIVED ON MAKING THINGS HAPPEN AND GETTING THE JOB DONE WHEN OTHERS SAID IT COULD NOT BE DONE. I SUCCEDED BECAUSE I KNEW THAT I WAS ONLY AS GOOD AS THOSE WHO WORKED FOR ME. THEY MUST BE TREATED AS I WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED. COMMUNICATE THE JOB THAT IS EXPECTED OF THEM AND WHAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR TO MAKE THAT POSSIBLE, RESPECT AND CONSIDER ANY CONCERNS THEY MAY HAVE, APPRECIATE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR SKILL AND PRIDE IN THEIR TRADE, AND EXEMPLIFY THESE THINGS BY SETTING AN EXAMPLE. HARDEST PART WAS NOT BEINGING ABLE TO GARUANTEE COMPENSATION FOR SUBCONTRACTORS THAT DID EXTRA WORK FOR ME WHEN I NEEDED IT. I LOVED THE PRESSURE, THE MORE PRESSURE THE BETTER I DID. THE CHALLANGE OF TRYING TO ANTICIPATE WHAT COULD GO WRONG AND PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING ; KNOWING SOMETHING WILL NOT BE ANTICIPATED AND BEING ABLE TO OVERCOME THE ISSUE BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE SUPPORT AND LOYALTY OF THOSE WHO WORK FOR YOU.
Amazing company with a vision
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Gold River, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: salary, support from management, healthcare
Cons: volitility of the industry
Performed the new homeowner orientations and the follow-up warranty claims; scheduling appointments between the homeowner and vendor/ sub-contractor. I learned all about the aspects of a home (i.e. framing, foundation, LEED certification, utilities, plumbing, landscaping, painting, cabinetry, appliances, counter tops, HVAC, etc.). The management team was stellar! They were always supportive and provided guidance when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to be a part of "The American Dream" for my customer, owning a home. It was my pleasure to help a homeowner learn about their new place and be excited with them.
Productive workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2014
Very busy days, all departments have to offer help to one another. Systems are easy to learn.
Customer service rep.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 20, 2014
Worked on a multi-family units, did buyer oreintations and was buffer between owner and contractors
A demanding and profit driven company
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee), San Diego, Ca.May 16, 2014
Pros: freedom, providing jobs to deserving people
Cons: bad hours and unrealistic demands
Typical day: wake up at 4am, open the job site by 5am, hire crews, walk site and supervise construction, eat on the go, host city and county inspections, walk throughs with homeowners, debrief with boss, meet up with security, secure and close construction site for the night, go to office for paperwork.

I learned how to supervise large groups of people at one time.

Management was aggressive, demanding, and not at all pleasant.

My co-workers were hard working people doing their very best for their families. They deserved more respect from management.

The hardest part of the job was the grueling pace and the ever shortening deadlines despite meeting and exceeding previous schedules. The best part was seeing the look on a homeowners face when they walked through the door of their new home.

1 2 3 4

About D.R. Horton

When this Horton heard a Who, it built the little guy a house. D.R. Horton builds single-family homes for the entry-level and – Read more

D.R. Horton Salaries