D.R. Horton Employee Reviews

Decent work environment
Land Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed working for DR Horton, I found my job enjoyable as well as stressful at times. I was downsized due to budget cuts in our division
DR Horton
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 2, 2016
Ok Job, good commission structure. Work life balance not the greatest, time off is not encouraged. Management not concerned with growing the employees.
Each day had to work with venders to correct issues in new homes
Director of Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 21, 2015
Work with home owners to fix issues with in the new home for the first year of buying the new DR Horton home. Calling back venders to correct issues and seeing the jobs were done correctly.
work workk and more work
New home Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2015
you work 7 days a week, every weekend and every holiday. 12 hour days. they don't care if you are doing a sale at midnight and have to dive for a hour to get home. get the sale and get the check. your safety means nothing to them. the turn over in this company is huge. some how they manage to build a good house that's good quality.
Pros
pay can be good
Cons
your a walking zombie, exhausted
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 20, 2015
Managed 13 superintendents and 18 job sites as Area Manager when Emerald division opened they moved me into a Superintendent position to build custom homes from $800k t0 $1.9 million ,enjoyed the job very much.
High production requirement
Real Estate Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Simi ValleyOctober 18, 2015
Procure new home buyers
Up sell home options/add ons
Contracts and pre-qualification screening for in-house lender
Follow construction from groundbreaking to close of escrow
Pros
Enjoyable and willing teamwork
Cons
no real breaks, high presssure to sell and up-sll
great place to work
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2015
co-works are great and builder was easy to work with also - learned a lot about the builders side for a home loan and what it takes to get one
Good Place to Work
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. JohnsSeptember 6, 2015
I enjoy working here and the company is great, but I am looking for better opportunities for my MBA specialty, I would definitely work for them again.
enjoyed working with the children
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCAugust 15, 2015
The children were awesomely unique. They were very intelligent and hard working children. The counselors were awesome as well and really understood what kids were going through.
Great Learning Experience
Community Superintendent (Former Employee) –  greensboro, ncAugust 12, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with DR Horton. I had a excellent Management Team and great coworkers. I came into this position without any prior project management experience. During my time there I learned to manage the construction of multiple homes in a timely and efficient manor. It was a very stressful job with lots of problem solving. However that was something that made it that much more interesting and fun. In the end i was moved to a different division of the company which was not a good for me.
Pros
fun enjoyable job
Cons
Lots of driving, high stress levels, and occasionally long Hours
A good company to work for with not a lot of changes
Worker (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 16, 2015
Typical day to day is boring but at least you are getting a pay check. I think that I enjoy working her because I can come and go as I please.
Great place to grow
Admin. Assist. to the General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 16, 2015
Phones, phones, phones. Many calls daily, corresponding to contract modification requests from attorneys, Working with other departments on problems with each customer's file (if any), working closely with the closing department and the accounting department to verify that all documents relating to the home were accurate AND present. Handling customer complaints with errors that occasionally occurred during the building process. Acting as mediator between the sales personnel and the construction superintendents.

It was busy, I enjoyed the fast pace of the work environment, I enjoyed working with my coworkers, who were always there to answer questions if I had any, my manager was wonderful. Once I proved I could handle something, he let me handle it. He came to depend on me more and more, and I liked that. I had significant responsibility for many process changes which cut turnaround time by 1/2. I enjoyed training new sales people on the computer systems and processes they would be handling. The hardest part of the job was working in an office that was extremely cold.

I learned that I could take on many duties that I had not done before, but was able to not only do them, but do them well.
Pros
being able to suggest changes and then implement them
Overall great company to work for
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2015
I have worked for builders for almost 10 years and DR Horton is the best one I have worked for. They are organized and fair, good to their employees, build a great product, and stand my their warranty. Management is great too. They leave you alone for the most part and let you sell homes.
..........
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 10, 2015
new home builder, payables include utilities, construction and land development po's, utility bills, process check runs twice a week, process building permits, zoning checks, payables up to and over 3 million dollars
This company opperates on all 8! Very lean.
Escrow Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 6, 2015
I was support staff in the Sales and Escrow department. I learned a vast amount of information pertaining directly to the companies procedures on processing sales and the facilitation of the closings of these sales. The management is intense in their pursuit of excellence and growth of the company. Coworkers seem well placed in their positions and enjoy their jobs. The hardest part of the position was the lack of interpersonal interactions I'm used to in previous jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from the best!
Pros
Great learing experiance
Cons
Long commute
The biggest construction company in the nation
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 6, 2015
- I had to manage a lot of projects at one time. I really had to learn how to multi task and know how to deal with different personalities.

- I learned how to schedule and built forty houses and more at one time. I also managed three to four subdivisions at one time.

- We had 8 different project managers that help build Den ham Springs, Baton Rouge, and Zachary.

- The hardest part was to not only build volume but also go behind previous superintends and complete there punch list.

- The most enjoyable part of my job was that I really felt I was my own boss. The managers in our division did not really micro manage us to often.
Pros
Health benefits, 401k
Cons
The salary could have been a little more, and the bonus that we received after each completed house was not enough as well.
No Career Here
Server Admin (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2015
No worklife or career advancement. Management makes many promises but in the end they don't keep them. They expect you to work 24/7 literally...while others work whenever they feel like it.
There staff members that consistently work less then others and they are allowed more because of their friendship with managers. If you want a career this is not the place.

They all will LIE to you, once you are in you are stuck.... Keep in mind in 2014 about 22 admins have come and gone because the environment.
Pros
Good Technology
Cons
Management is untrustworthy
Good Corporate Enviroment
Superintendent - Sorrento Bonita Springs (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 27, 2015
Good company to work for and they have many employee activities to help all employees get to know one another. Great upper management.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Management was very inconsistent in the way my job title was supervised. The hardest part of the job was receiving help when you really needed it. Learned a lot about the home building process.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Management was very inconsistent
Lack of Management and Employee Engagement
Land Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of Data and Market Analysis to identify the profitability of potential residential developments. This aspect of the job provided the opportunity to manipulate variables and was the most enjoyable. However, the majority of this work would not be looked at nor would management acknowledge the work being done. Tasks were rarely delivered and goals were never set. Significant turnover occurred during my stint with the company.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Miserable Managerial Approach