D.R. Horton

D.R. Horton Employer Reviews

Specific culture
Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: competitive compensation
Cons: can get laid off any time
You will know if you belong. Their is a specific type that will fit in. Hard working and strict to stick to the rules. Most were wary of recent lay offs before I got there. Made everyone on edge and anxious.
Great Environment
Budget Coordinator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 17, 2015
Great environment to work and grow in. Lots of room for learning about the industry and getting promoted to many different departments. Cross-training happens on a daily basis.
Terrible Management
Corporate IT Help Desk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: donnell everitt
Disrespectful, they tell you to ask if you do not know, but when you ask, they talk down to you like you are stupid. They come in with a bad attitude most days, but if you are having a bad day, you should have called in sick, but calling in is frowned upon.
Good job with company recognition
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good compensation..
Cons: miscommunication between the r/e sales and lending
Calling clients that had made offers on builders homes
explaining our loans and what we had to offer

hard working co-workers and realtors

hardest part of the job was controlling interest until
subject was completed
Residential Home Tract
Project Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 9, 2014
Enjoyed working for this company and miss working there. I was hired as a Assistant PM and was promoted to PM. There was a bit of turn-around in the higher management dept. but all and all it was a great company to work for along with the co-workers.
Laid back, great place to work
Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2014
I would recommend this job to anyone. Friendly staff and great managers.
Hitting the work force with a bang!
New Home Consultant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: challenging, learn all the market trends, learn all the mortgage products
Cons: not much room for job advancement
This is a challenging position in which my responsibilities extend beyond sales. I'm responsible for writing contracts, choosing the right lender/loan product for the buyer, ensuring the buyer turns in all relevant mortgage documents on schedule, running construction meetings, ensuring the project is always in its best professional appearance and coordinating closings with the title company.
Awesome place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2014
I loved every minute I had the opportunity to work for Horton. I would have stayed with this company forever if the economy hadn't crashed.
A JOB I SUCCEDED IN BECAUSE OF THE EVERY DAY CHALLANGES
Builder (Former Employee), ATLANTA, GA.July 27, 2014
ARRIVE AT 6:00 AM. AN HOUR AN A HALF BEFORE REQUIRED AND WALK HOUSES. ADJUST SCHEDULE ON HOUSES, CONTACT SUBCONTRACTORS WITH SCHEDULE AND ISSUES. MEET WITH SALES ASSOCIATES ABOUT ANY CONCERNS, UPCOMING CLOSINGS, SCHEDULE WALK THRUS, ADDRESS HOMEOWNER ISSUES. I LEARNED THAT I WANTED TO BE THE BEST. WHATEVER IT TOOK. I NEVER WANYED ANY OTHER BUILDER TO COME IN MY SUBDIVISION AND SAY HE DID THIS WRONG OR LOOK AT THAT. I THRIVED ON MAKING THINGS HAPPEN AND GETTING THE JOB DONE WHEN OTHERS SAID IT COULD NOT BE DONE. I SUCCEDED BECAUSE I KNEW THAT I WAS ONLY AS GOOD AS THOSE WHO WORKED FOR ME. THEY MUST BE TREATED AS I WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED. COMMUNICATE THE JOB THAT IS EXPECTED OF THEM AND WHAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR TO MAKE THAT POSSIBLE, RESPECT AND CONSIDER ANY CONCERNS THEY MAY HAVE, APPRECIATE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR SKILL AND PRIDE IN THEIR TRADE, AND EXEMPLIFY THESE THINGS BY SETTING AN EXAMPLE. HARDEST PART WAS NOT BEINGING ABLE TO GARUANTEE COMPENSATION FOR SUBCONTRACTORS THAT DID EXTRA WORK FOR ME WHEN I NEEDED IT. I LOVED THE PRESSURE, THE MORE PRESSURE THE BETTER I DID. THE CHALLANGE OF TRYING TO ANTICIPATE WHAT COULD GO WRONG AND PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING ; KNOWING SOMETHING WILL NOT BE ANTICIPATED AND BEING ABLE TO OVERCOME THE ISSUE BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE SUPPORT AND LOYALTY OF THOSE WHO WORK FOR YOU.
Amazing company with a vision
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Gold River, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: salary, support from management, healthcare
Cons: volitility of the industry
Performed the new homeowner orientations and the follow-up warranty claims; scheduling appointments between the homeowner and vendor/ sub-contractor. I learned all about the aspects of a home (i.e. framing, foundation, LEED certification, utilities, plumbing, landscaping, painting, cabinetry, appliances, counter tops, HVAC, etc.). The management team was stellar! They were always supportive and provided guidance when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to be a part of "The American Dream" for my customer, owning a home. It was my pleasure to help a homeowner learn about their new place and be excited with them.
Productive workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2014
Very busy days, all departments have to offer help to one another. Systems are easy to learn.
Customer service rep.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 20, 2014
Worked on a multi-family units, did buyer oreintations and was buffer between owner and contractors
A demanding and profit driven company
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee), San Diego, Ca.May 16, 2014
Pros: freedom, providing jobs to deserving people
Cons: bad hours and unrealistic demands
Typical day: wake up at 4am, open the job site by 5am, hire crews, walk site and supervise construction, eat on the go, host city and county inspections, walk throughs with homeowners, debrief with boss, meet up with security, secure and close construction site for the night, go to office for paperwork.

I learned how to supervise large groups of people at one time.

Management was aggressive, demanding, and not at all pleasant.

My co-workers were hard working people doing their very best for their families. They deserved more respect from management.

The hardest part of the job was the grueling pace and the ever shortening deadlines despite meeting and exceeding previous schedules. The best part was seeing the look on a homeowners face when they walked through the door of their new home.
Highly adaptive work Environment
Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 6, 2014
Highly skilled professionals well trained in the art of aquiring and making the best use of fresh ideas
Outstanding opportunity
Realtor (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCApril 27, 2014
Pros: unbelievable income potential
Great opportunity to be involved in the growth of the Bluffton area during the building boom. Income which was unsurpassed and a great and easy work environment. Constant interaction with clients and real estate counter parts made this job perfect!!!
Fun
Laborer (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 23, 2014
Love this company. Great company. Would love to work for them again in a different area.
Managed residential construction
Superintendent/Project Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaApril 21, 2014
I am grateful to this company for giving me a start in being able to prove my capability to work for and build for a national construction company. However, I found them to be cut throat in about every other way.
Horrible Company
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), MinnesotaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: awesome coworkers
Cons: no work life balance, bad management
This was a horrible company to work for. No work life balance. They don't care about you at all. All they care about is the money they are making. They fire people or people quit and they don't hire any new people. They just expect you to take on more work and keep up all the same expectations. The managers say they are there to help you but when you really need help you are told to ask a lead because the manager has a meeting. However we were only able to go to certain leads at certain times of the day. Once you get on a mangers bad side you might as well just immediately start looking for a new job because they will look for any reason to write you up. DON'T work for this company! Keep looking for something better!
High Volume residential construction
Superintendent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great bonus capability when busy
Cons: new housing up and downs working for such as large company you dont feel any bond to company, speed makes you feel like each house is a number no sense of completion, very repetative.
Supervise construction of up to 50-75 homes at a time all at various stages of completion.
Walking homes meeting with subcontractors to answer any questions they may have to make sure they build home exactly as shown on blueprints for each home.
Scheduling inspections and walking with inspectors to make sure all specs show on blueprints are folllowed.
Keep each home on schedule to keep subs happy as well as company.
Collect all paperwork at completion and turn in to county to recieve C.O.
Opportunity to wear a lot of hats and expand my Marketing knowledge of the Homebuilding industry
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJanuary 27, 2014
• Layout, designed, wrote and coordinated advertising for/with various media channels.
• Created community marketing materials and strategized, planned and prepared for model openings, then maintained advertisement campaigns thereafter
• Communicated with various departments to improve products and company image
• Designed and created flyers, direct mail pieces, billboards and other marketing collateral in coordination with managers and professionals
• Designed and implemented divisional campaigns
• Coordinated compilation and completion of brochures, signage and sales/office displays
• Maintained online home inventory
• Created marketing materials for all active and upcoming communities such as ad campaigns, website designs, e-blast campaigns, logos, direct mail campaigns, etc.
• Created and edited community maps, home renderings and floor plans
• Updated property listings, plans and price sheets
• Worked with vendors to fulfill various Marketing collateral and necessities

1 2 3

About D.R. Horton

When this Horton heard a Who, it built the little guy a house. D.R. Horton builds single-family homes for the entry-level and – Read more