D.R. Horton Employee Reviews

enjoyed working with the children
Intern (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCAugust 15, 2015
The children were awesomely unique. They were very intelligent and hard working children. The counselors were awesome as well and really understood what kids were going through.
Great Learning Experience
Community Superintendent (Former Employee), greensboro, ncAugust 12, 2015
Pros: fun enjoyable job
Cons: Lots of driving, high stress levels, and occasionally long Hours
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with DR Horton. I had a excellent Management Team and great coworkers. I came into this position without any prior project management experience. During my time there I learned to manage the construction of multiple homes in a timely and efficient manor. It was a very stressful job with lots of problem solving. However that was something that made it that much more interesting and fun. In the end i was moved to a different division of the company which was not a good for me.
A good company to work for with not a lot of changes
Worker (Current Employee), McLean, VAJuly 16, 2015
Typical day to day is boring but at least you are getting a pay check. I think that I enjoy working her because I can come and go as I please.
Great place to grow
Admin. Assist. to the General Sales Manager (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILJuly 16, 2015
Pros: being able to suggest changes and then implement them
Phones, phones, phones. Many calls daily, corresponding to contract modification requests from attorneys, Working with other departments on problems with each customer's file (if any), working closely with the closing department and the accounting department to verify that all documents relating to the home were accurate AND present. Handling customer complaints with errors that occasionally occurred during the building process. Acting as mediator between the sales personnel and the construction superintendents.

It was busy, I enjoyed the fast pace of the work environment, I enjoyed working with my coworkers, who were always there to answer questions if I had any, my manager was wonderful. Once I proved I could handle something, he let me handle it. He came to depend on me more and more, and I liked that. I had significant responsibility for many process changes which cut turnaround time by 1/2. I enjoyed training new sales people on the computer systems and processes they would be handling. The hardest part of the job was working in an office that was extremely cold.

I learned that I could take on many duties that I had not done before, but was able to not only do them, but do them well.
Overall great company to work for
Community Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 15, 2015
I have worked for builders for almost 10 years and DR Horton is the best one I have worked for. They are organized and fair, good to their employees, build a great product, and stand my their warranty. Management is great too. They leave you alone for the most part and let you sell homes.
..........
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJuly 10, 2015
new home builder, payables include utilities, construction and land development po's, utility bills, process check runs twice a week, process building permits, zoning checks, payables up to and over 3 million dollars
This company opperates on all 8! Very lean.
Escrow Closing Coordinator (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great learing experiance
Cons: Long commute
I was support staff in the Sales and Escrow department. I learned a vast amount of information pertaining directly to the companies procedures on processing sales and the facilitation of the closings of these sales. The management is intense in their pursuit of excellence and growth of the company. Coworkers seem well placed in their positions and enjoy their jobs. The hardest part of the position was the lack of interpersonal interactions I'm used to in previous jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from the best!
The biggest construction company in the nation
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), Zachary, LAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Health benefits, 401k
Cons: The salary could have been a little more, and the bonus that we received after each completed house was not enough as well.
- I had to manage a lot of projects at one time. I really had to learn how to multi task and know how to deal with different personalities.

- I learned how to schedule and built forty houses and more at one time. I also managed three to four subdivisions at one time.

- We had 8 different project managers that help build Den ham Springs, Baton Rouge, and Zachary.

- The hardest part was to not only build volume but also go behind previous superintends and complete there punch list.

- The most enjoyable part of my job was that I really felt I was my own boss. The managers in our division did not really micro manage us to often.
No Career Here
Server Admin (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good Technology
Cons: Management is untrustworthy
No worklife or career advancement. Management makes many promises but in the end they don't keep them. They expect you to work 24/7 literally...while others work whenever they feel like it.
There staff members that consistently work less then others and they are allowed more because of their friendship with managers. If you want a career this is not the place.

They all will LIE to you, once you are in you are stuck.... Keep in mind in 2014 about 22 admins have come and gone because the environment.
Good Corporate Enviroment
Superintendent - Sorrento Bonita Springs (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 27, 2015
Good company to work for and they have many employee activities to help all employees get to know one another. Great upper management.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great work hours
Cons: Management was very inconsistent
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Management was very inconsistent in the way my job title was supervised. The hardest part of the job was receiving help when you really needed it. Learned a lot about the home building process.
Lack of Management and Employee Engagement
Land Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good work/life balance
Cons: Miserable Managerial Approach
A typical day at work consisted of Data and Market Analysis to identify the profitability of potential residential developments. This aspect of the job provided the opportunity to manipulate variables and was the most enjoyable. However, the majority of this work would not be looked at nor would management acknowledge the work being done. Tasks were rarely delivered and goals were never set. Significant turnover occurred during my stint with the company.
Great company to work for
America's Builder (Former Employee), FLMarch 25, 2015
D.R. Horton was a great company to work for. My direct manager (VP of Sales & Marketing) was amazing buy all other upper management team members did not really interact with other employees at the office. Great benefits, I went on maternity leave and when I returned everyone was very accommodating. Not much room for advancement.
Great Benefits
Loan Officer/On Site Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work prior to the housing crash. housing market is up and down so the income for sales people varies as well
Loved working here. Just ran out of work
Prep And Detail (Former Employee), Richmond, CAMarch 15, 2015
Great company to work for had a lot of fun here. Most all the foremen were good and taught me a lot. Would work for them again.
Specific culture
Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: competitive compensation
Cons: can get laid off any time
You will know if you belong. Their is a specific type that will fit in. Hard working and strict to stick to the rules. Most were wary of recent lay offs before I got there. Made everyone on edge and anxious.
Great Environment
Budget Coordinator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 17, 2015
Great environment to work and grow in. Lots of room for learning about the industry and getting promoted to many different departments. Cross-training happens on a daily basis.
Terrible Management
Corporate IT Help Desk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: donnell everitt
Disrespectful, they tell you to ask if you do not know, but when you ask, they talk down to you like you are stupid. They come in with a bad attitude most days, but if you are having a bad day, you should have called in sick, but calling in is frowned upon.
Good job with company recognition
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good compensation..
Cons: miscommunication between the r/e sales and lending
Calling clients that had made offers on builders homes
explaining our loans and what we had to offer

hard working co-workers and realtors

hardest part of the job was controlling interest until
subject was completed
Residential Home Tract
Project Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 9, 2014
Enjoyed working for this company and miss working there. I was hired as a Assistant PM and was promoted to PM. There was a bit of turn-around in the higher management dept. but all and all it was a great company to work for along with the co-workers.