Daniels Sharpsmart is an industry leader in healthcare safety. We were one of the companies responsible for the advent of reusable sharps containers, and now our Sharpsmart system is the most widely used in the world. Making Healthcare Safer is the motto that guides our company, and we are committed to developing the safest and most environmentally friendly products and services for everyone involved in the healthcare industry.
We are seeking enthusiastic, dedicated individuals to assist the Plant Manager in the supervision of operations in our processing plants. This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to utilize and cultivate their managerial, production, and distribution skills for a successful and rapidly expanding company.
- Train, develop and manage employees to produce the expected level of productivity and service;
- Perform all necessary management functions with staff to include accurate payroll and timekeeping, vacation approvals and new hire paperwork;
- Oversee the operators responsible for determining acceptable cleanliness of containers that have been washed and are returning to the field;
- Perform all local and federal compliance related tasks associated with the machine such as (but not limited to) Ph testing and cleanliness standards;
- Ensure all staff are compliant in daily safety measures, and are in regulatory compliance with all up-to-date safety training;
- Troubleshoot entire plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems of the WashSmart. Speak knowledgably with the company’s engineers and IT to determine and repair faults;
- Make all necessary repairs of the machine to ensure its smooth operation and productivity;
- Responsible for all clean, dirty and damaged stock within the plant of operations, and the organization thereof;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally working in confined spaces;
- Extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 300 pounds;
- Occasionally bending, twisting, and turning while lifting weights of less than fifty (50) pounds;
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- B.S./B.A. business, industrial management or engineering or equivalent career/work experience preferred;
- 2+ years in a hands-on business leadership role;
- Self-motivated, proven problem solver, team player with excellent communication skills;
- Customer oriented/focused;
- Strong safety advocate/leader who promotes associate well-being;
- A sound pattern of using facts and data to solve problems and make difficult decisions;
- Proven experience with mechanical production devices/machines.
- Strong and proven PC skills/Microsoft Excel/Suite;
- Willing to travel as needed.
Daniels Sharpsmart employees enjoy a number of affordable benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage.
Please visit our website at www.danielsinternational.com to learn more about how we Make Healthcare Safer, and how you can help!