Service Area: Glens Falls/Saratoga
Hours: 30 hours per week
This position is responsible for the inspection and servicing of all Daniels Sharpsmart Inc. products within their assigned hospital or medical center. A handheld barcode scanning terminal is used to record each inspection and service. In addition, this position will be responsible for maintaining adequate on hand inventory levels, as well as performing as the first line of customer service related to the Daniels name and organization.
This individual is solely an employee of Daniels Sharpsmart Inc., and as such will not participate in any work related activities with any vendor without the express consent of an authorized representative of Daniels Sharpsmart Inc.
- Ability to prove eligibility for work in U.S. (I-9 form)
- Drivers license / reliable transportation
- Successfully pass drug test
- Pre-employment physical (if required by position)
- Successful background check
- Arrive at scheduled account on time, and in neat and clean assigned uniform
- Check in with Environmental Services at arrival; pick up any provided beeper or phone
- Ensure staging area is neat and orderly; ensure all delivery equipment is in good working order
- QA - The Service Technician is the front line employee to ensure that all containers are of the desired standard and quality before they are placed in service within the account. The communication with their supervisor and/or servicing plant is critical in ensuring excellent customer service through quality assurance.
- Check and service containers throughout hospital according to Daily Service Schedule
o As a priority, ensure all containers that are indicated as 'FULL' are changed. In addition, inspect each and every container on your daily schedule to determine if changing out will be necessary to guard against containers potentially becoming full (and thus unusable) before the next regularly scheduled visit to that area.
o Return to storage area with full internal delivery carts to place full containers into transporters and replace on cart with empty containers.
o Report any cracked or broken containers; or loose or broken brackets or accessories to Daniels manager. Make arrangements to replace and/or repair as necessary
- Periodically inquire with floor nurses and nurse managers regarding any potential areas of focus or concerns
- Receive shipments on assigned days
- Communicate with Daniels manager regarding daily status and any concerns
- Travel to any applicable off sites or satellite facilities as scheduled, needed or required to perform same operations as listed here.
- Work according to set schedule (and hours), getting any necessary overtime approved beforehand from the Daniels manager.
- Before leaving, ensure staging area is again neat and orderly. Be sure no containers are outside of approved transporters or delivery carts. Set internal delivery cart with all necessary empty containers for immediate service the following work day.
- Check out with Environmental Services before leaving. Give appropriate daily summary if necessary
- Arrive at scheduled account on time, and in neat and clean assigned uniform; ensure that data collection terminal has a full charge at the start of each work day;
- Check in with Environmental Services at arrival; pick up any provided beeper or phone;
- Ensure staging area is neat and orderly; ensure all delivery equipment is in good working order;
- Check and service containers throughout hospital according to Daily Service Schedule including: change-out of full containers; placing full containers into transporters; reporting any cracked or broken containers; reporting loose or broken brackets or accessories; making arrangements to replace/repair containers and accessories as necessary;
- Scan each container with the company issued barcode scanning terminal to report inspections, pickups, and deliveries;
- Transmit collected data at the end of each shift;
- Periodically inquire with floor nurses and nurse managers regarding any potential areas of focus or concern;
- Receive shipments on assigned days;
- Maintain and update service location barcodes;
- Communicate with Company management regarding daily status and any concerns;
- Travel to any applicable off sites or satellite facilities as scheduled, needed or required to perform same operations as listed here;
- Work according to set schedule (and hours);
- Before leaving, ensure staging area is again neat and orderly. Be sure no containers are outside of approved transporters or delivery carts. Set internal delivery cart with all necessary empty containers for immediate service the following work day;
- Check out with Environmental Services before leaving. Give appropriate daily summary if necessary;
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred; solid math skills are a plus
- Solid work references and good attendance history
- Proven customer service skills a plus
- Honest & reliable
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, problem solving skills, and be able to operate any related equipment essential to the position
- Ability to work in both a team environment, and without constant supervision
- Can do attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations
- Lift containers weighing up to 50 lbs.;
- Push/pull wheeled transporters and/or palletized product up to approximately 300 lbs;
- Occasionally travel up and down staircases;
- Walking of two (2) or more miles per day;
- Standing for extended periods of time;
- Carry handheld barcode scanning terminal on belt or in pocket throughout entire shift;
- Work in and around hospital personnel, sensitive medical equipment, and patients.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Self-motivated, self-directed, problem solver with excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Experience using smartphone hardware and software;
- Ability to use basic hand tools such as a drill, screw driver, hammer, tape measure and level;
- Willing and able to work weekends and holidays when necessary;
- PC, email, internet and Microsoft office skills required.
Indeed - 13 months ago