Established in 1976, DATAMATX has grown into one of the nation's leading providers of variable print and electronic distribution for billing solutions. We are seeking a variable data programmer in our Atlanta, GA office that combines the position of a developer, document designer, and process specialist. You must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment, managing multiple projects in the technical data processing arena. You will have the opportunity to work closely with other peers to problem-solve and learn, while fulfilling client's data and personalization requirements on a continuous basis. Bring your data processing expertise to an environment where you can expand your project management and document design skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create applications that automatically process data files upon receipt and produces both paper and electronic documents.
- Maintain and troubleshoot automated processes and perform application testing.
- Prepare data for output to a variety of devices in print and electronic media.
- Create Document templates in Exstream Dialogue composition tool for output to Xerox production printing devices.
- Perform Quality Assurance checks for all work.
- Work well in a highly standardized developer environment.
- Collaborate with other departments and functions to achieve creative and efficient solutions to client objectives.
- Work with team to document existing projects with established processes.
- Effectively manage multiple, time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of projects.
- Systematically cross train with other programmers and Data Services team members on all ongoing programs and projects, assess current approach and suggest improvements when appropriate.
- Interface directly with the clients you support as part of our relationship team in a consultant role to gather requirements and offer expert advice on system, data, and document design best practices.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or related discipline or 2 year degree with 3 years of related work experience in the direct mail or document distribution industry.
- Aptitude for accurately manipulating large amounts of data, a high level of attention to detail, and a passion for organization and accuracy.
- Ability to express ideas clearly both orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of data files and data processing principles.
- Working knowledge of VB and VB.NET.
- Experience with SQL and database programming languages.
- Working knowledge of GMC Printnet or HP Exstream Dialogue a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, Adobe-PDF.
- Familiarity with ftp, PGP encryption and Zip file formats.
- Knowledge of US Postal Service standards a plus.
- Experience with custom report creation in a database setting a plus
DATAMATX utilizes detailed training and procedural documents to enhance learning and orientation. We offer a full benefits package with a choice of three health plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia and a 401k with match.
Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to hr @ datamatx.com. Local candidates will only be considered at this time.
DATAMATX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No calls please from applicants or agencies. Please visit our website at www.datamatx.com.